G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL

+34
Mcarlo77
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Iggy
Joe73
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
LSANTI76
zucchi
MaliCrusier / Mitch
Mitchell Murphy
77mali
1975 S3
bracketchev1221
Zaptiah
fasrnur
pila
73ss
thatfnthing
dhw3971
buggy5872
Roadcaptain S3
marx3
zot
crice63
clanceman427
dynchel
Damon23
DaveFury
Tom77
SSTOOLMAN
knightfan26917
Hs1973
jerry46765
tropdeprojet
74 beast
38 posters

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 Empty Re: This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL

Post by Limey SE Tue May 03, 2022 12:55 pm

g3chevy / Mr Pontiac wrote:Limey, I'll take your 44 degrees over my 90 degrees anytime! Hope you get that beast on the road soon!

Well lets swap states then ok, I am down for that Big time My body cant take this cold anymore ...... I have to get a Harness the dam Mice Chewed it in the Shed Might as well just get Simple 14 circuit deal would that be enough ya Think @G3chevy

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 Empty Re: This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Tue May 03, 2022 1:14 pm

Used to live up in NE Wisconsin for a couple years back in the late 90's. Yeah, it was cold for sure. Couldn't get my wife back to Texas fast enough lol.

How bad is the harness? Do you have pics? It might be easier to repair than spend the money on the new harness.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun May 15, 2022 3:01 am

FIRST PICTURE is before picture, Since that one I removed it all off and started round two today

Well swamp A$$ weather finally Left Northern Illinois and was able to get busy on the Fiberglass hood project and make it look actually like a blind person didn't glass it in, I have several things to do to it BUT at least now it don't look half bad.
I AM ACTUALLY contemplating leaving the front Part of stinger closed I kinda like it that way now still up in arms about it though and Kevin Stroh I got the front peak looking more like it belongs instead of an afterthought ..... Have some sanding then glass bondo then more sanding sanding sanding
I made kinda patches over the dzus fastener holes since I removed them tomorrow I am gonna flip it over and fill the holes then Go spend the day with family Watching my Oldest Daughter trade her Diploma for an SE Title She did so good ended with a 3.5 GPA
I thought was a 3.2 but surprise 😮 then to Dinner with Family so that Monday I can get back on it sanding I will be sanding the top side of patch flat

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 27897311This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 28018410
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 28054310
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 28063710This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 28029310
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 28049310
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 28055710

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sun May 15, 2022 11:59 am

Congrats on the daughter graduating with a 3.5! I bet she is stoked about getting the title to the car.

Are you working with a OEM steel hood or an aftermarket fiberglass hood?
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun May 15, 2022 12:53 pm

g3chevy / Mr Pontiac wrote:Congrats on the daughter graduating with a 3.5! I bet she is stoked about getting the title to the car.

Are you working with a OEM steel hood or an aftermarket fiberglass hood?

Thank you my friend and yes she is Stoked for sure... And its a Fiberglass hood that had a Hole cut in it and why I went looking for a scoop and found the Stinger scoop for it the first attempt looked like hell and didn't like it what so ever so peeled off the Glass which was NOT AN EASY TASK to say the least grinding pilling more grinding and even more grinding then more pulling and you guessed it more grinding LOL

I flipped it earlier this morning and put JB Weld in the old dzuz fastener holes so it will dry and set to sand by tomorrow Hopefully, I am torn between re opening the front or glassing it shut with a little push in sorta

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sun May 15, 2022 1:56 pm

The hood will turn out great either way you go. If you keep it closed it will be one of a kind for sure. If you open it back up, you'll definitely have a recognizable hood prowling the streets.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Mon May 16, 2022 8:50 pm

That’s a good nickname for Limey: “The Prowler”
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Mon May 16, 2022 9:35 pm

Well there you go Limey! You need to add "Prowler" to your avatar lol!
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue May 17, 2022 11:11 am

g3chevy / Mr Pontiac wrote:Well there you go Limey! You need to add "Prowler" to your avatar lol!

Not so sure about that one LOL 330 pound Short white guy Nicknamed Mr Prowler Ummmm yea

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

g3chevy / Mr Pontiac likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed May 18, 2022 12:30 am

Sell the Swivels I said get new Seats I said, Well I will dammed if that didn't open the biggest can of worms I have ever seen, The Previous Owner had Inner Outer Wheelhouse's and rear 1/4's put on by a Body shop in Derby Kansas in 2014 2015 time frame and they never put any seam sealer in to help seal the Joints.
Also old owner must have cut the seat bracket to change something BUT passed away sadly while working on it and cut thru the floor right next to it (its small enuf to flatten up and apply some panel bond and seal it up no biggee.
I will be spending my time over next few days Instead of Installing new seats I will be removing all the interior and power washing the Interior DAMM I didn't want to do that yet BUT Its apart and it needs it BADLY I filled a Half of a 32 gallon trach can with Just gravel dust Back seat insulation and Old package tray WHAT A MESS SO FAR SO GOOD NO RUST in package tray BUT found the Leak in rear window by a Previous or continued retry to seal the back window I will need to get that addressed also before all said and done

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 28171810
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 28177510
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 28216910
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 28175510
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 28181610
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 28195210
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 28258510

Last edited by Limey SE on Wed May 18, 2022 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Wed May 18, 2022 12:36 am

Dang Limey! That thing looks like its been under water at some point! Could it have been flooded?

g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed May 18, 2022 12:47 am

g3chevy / Mr Pontiac wrote:Dang Limey! That thing looks like its been under water at some point! Could it have been flooded?

No that's a mixture of NEVER being washed and the Body Shop NOT taping a dam thing up when they sprayed filler primer and sealer on the car before I got it, Richard the Previous owner lived on a gravel road in Kansas I don't think he ever washed the car what so ever

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Wed May 18, 2022 10:02 am

They really did leave you a nice mess to clean up.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed May 18, 2022 12:10 pm

g3chevy / Mr Pontiac wrote:They really did leave you a nice mess to clean up.

Yea they sure did buddy but If i would not have tore it this Far I would NEVER have found the Lack luster of the Body Shop shortcomings of no sealer for the new metal So Its a Blessing in disguise for finding the Little hole from Old Owner So will be good as new showrtly

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Wed May 18, 2022 12:23 pm

Yeah, most of the cars I've purchased that had body work done to them were a mess. Very few times you'll find repairs done "correctly". But that's what we do, we make 'em right.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu May 19, 2022 2:06 pm

SNEAK PEEK into New seat plans Ty Nick Wellik  for the Seats there are gonna look sweet in there and be alot more comfortable than the swivels for this short fat guy LOL
I pulled out my New package tray that came with car I finally have seats that will look good with it

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 28077610
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 28087810
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 28093210This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 28079310
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 28087811

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Thu May 19, 2022 3:58 pm

Making some good progress! Those seats looks suspiciously close to my Grand Am seats lol.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu May 19, 2022 9:05 pm

g3chevy / Mr Pontiac wrote:Making some good progress! Those seats looks suspiciously close to my Grand Am seats lol.

Well you got the right Brand Wrong Model 1977 Pontiac Gran Prix by way of a 75 Monte Carlo

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun May 22, 2022 10:31 pm

Well went to reinstall the opera window after it gingerly fell out of its home LOL I was mocking up the seat I got from Nick Wellik and clipped it and it fell out to the inside of car thankfully, Anywho I clean up the glass and then got a Wild hair you know where and decided to Pull the rear window chrome I know there was a Leak there already so had to be done.
What I seen next made my heart fall out of chest in shear shock, Ok lets do this go grab vacuum and start fearing the worst as I say a Prayer under my breath, I vacuum the channel out yup your right I found the leak, BUT Wait Just wait a minute I am not seeing any holes yet well Ok then.
So I start messing with the glass and notice some of the Butyl tape has urethane squeezed between the glass and tape 2 maybe 3 time's, No at this Point if your still reading which I hope you are anyway. Now I start lifting up on the glass with my windshield tool and Low and behold and it wants to come out, WELL I WILL BE DIPPED at this time I am calling my friend
Samuelson John Cruztow ( has a yard with glass BUT doesn't have it inventoried yet)  so I know LKQ just got a Lemans of 1977 Flavor in the yard so I keep going at the glass ever so gently and Low and behold it comes Out in Perfect condition Not a chip anywhere YAY
NOW FOR THE REST OF THE STORY I am 2 for 2 on windshield channels THERE IS NO RUST THRU ON FRONT OR REAR WINDSHIELD CHANNEL'S  thank you for reading if you came this far I am really really happy with this esp after finding all that dirt and crap in the channel

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 28284010
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 28355710
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 28373410
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 28181710
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 28307410
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 28338310This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 28157812
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 28157810
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 28157811This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 28366110
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 28166710
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 21 28345310

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Mon May 23, 2022 11:45 am

Apply POR-15 to those window channels and the backside of the Quarter windows while you can.
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon May 23, 2022 4:54 pm

impalamonte wrote:Apply POR-15 to those window channels and the backside of the Quarter windows while you can.

Way Ahead of ya Impalamonte

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Mon May 23, 2022 9:18 pm

If you go with Por-15 follow the directions to a "T". I believe its a 3 step process for it to work properly.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon May 23, 2022 10:30 pm

Joe73 wrote:If you go with Por-15 follow the directions to a "T".  I believe its a 3 step process for it to work properly.  

Yes sir and more money than I wanted to spend but the end result will out last my Kids using the Car after I pass away for sure

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Tue May 24, 2022 10:19 am

I dont know if the end result would outlast anything.  If it were me, Id go with these two choices.

1. Best would be dustless blast, (no soda blasting because there could be issues with contaminants if not cleaned properly when done).  Clean with mineral based wax/grease remover then clean with water based wax/grease remover.  Wipe the are with each for at least a minute or two.  Then shoot some 2k epoxy.

2.  Second choice (which I recommend in your situation) is to clean the area, wire wheel it best you can to remove as much rust as possible, then grab a red scotch brite pad and some OSPHO.  Wear gloves and glasses.  Use the pad to scrub and keep the area wet with ospho for a minute or two.  Dont let it dry it has to be kept wet.  Then get some clean water and wipe the area down real good to remove any Ospho.  Then I would shoot some 2k primer but in your case Id use some spray max 2k spray can since its a smaller area.  Spray max 2k is good stuff.  The spraymax only lasts about 3-4 days once activated.  But if you put it in the freezer when done, you can get about 2 weeks out of the can.  https://www.amazon.com/SprayMax-3680033-Rust-Cure-Primer-Aerosol/dp/B07CVPGQGF/ref=pd_lpo_2?pd_rd_i=B07CVPGQGF&th=1
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Tue May 24, 2022 10:21 am

BTW, the OSPHO goes a long way. If you have any left over, put it in a separate jar and use it on something else later on.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next