G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Shift cable transmission mounting bracket

2 posters

Go down

Help Shift cable transmission mounting bracket Empty Help Shift cable transmission mounting bracket

Post by SSTOOLMAN Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:19 pm

I need help with this, I got from a shift cable mount bracket from a member that was susposed to fit my 73 turbo 400 but after trying to install it the mount holes that bolt into the transmission pan are about 5/16" short of lining up. I am guessing maybe it was from a turbo 350. I am kind of dead in the water with this. the only part I can find on line is for a 74 or 75. Does anyone have one?
or know where I can get one, Any help would be greatly appreciated!
SSTOOLMAN
SSTOOLMAN
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Help Shift cable transmission mounting bracket Empty Re: Help Shift cable transmission mounting bracket

Post by 73ss Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:55 pm

I'll see what I have, it takes me a while to find stuff, in the meantime I don't see why one from a 72 or earlier wouldn't work, camaro, nova any of them, Should be readily available from one of the suppliers, opg, etc.
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Help Shift cable transmission mounting bracket Empty Re: Help Shift cable transmission mounting bracket

Post by SSTOOLMAN Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:17 pm

Great thanks for looking, the part doesn't cross reference to any of the earlier years the only one I have found is Manufacturer Part #: 9793193 which says its for 74 or 75 Chevelle turbo 400, why its different than 73, 76 or 77 I don't know.
http://www.ss396.com/chevelle/FCB-193.html maybe see if yours looks like this one. Thanks
SSTOOLMAN
SSTOOLMAN
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:22 pm

I found the bracket & yes it looks like the one you have in the link. (As near as I can tell, the angle in the pic is weird) I'm not sure what the 73 only is about. I think I got mine from a dealer in the early 90's, It's not factory to the car. I would like to hold on to it if I ever go back to a 400 or get another project. I thought I had 2 but the other one is for the 350. The link I posted says 68~77. Looks like the one in you'r link. $55 bucks is a little steep as well for a simple hunk of metal..

https://www.opgi.com/chevelle/1973/drivetrain/shifters/G240151/
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by SSTOOLMAN Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:52 pm

OK I understand how you want to hold on to it. The one from OPGI is on back order and their tech guy said it would probably be 30 days. Ill take a chance on the one above they say its 67-72 and 74-75. The tech guy said he had no Idea why 73 was excluded.
SSTOOLMAN
SSTOOLMAN
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down