G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Trucks are Always Cool!

2 posters

Go down

Monster Trucks are Always Cool! Empty Monster Trucks are Always Cool!

Post by IndyG3 Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:11 am

Seriously, these kinds of things are what got me so into automotive stuff. Does anyone else remember back in the 80's when monster trucks were still loosely based on trucks and using leaf springs and triple shocks, and the tires were the most important part of the suspension? Laughing

Here's a video I found. Yeah, it's cheezy and cornball, but that's what monster trucks are all about! Whatever happened to the monster truck/tank things they used to race? Those were always awesome!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8UQwD4t7_U
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Monster Trucks are Always Cool! Empty Re: Monster Trucks are Always Cool!

Post by novaderrik Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:06 pm

i remember how they used to go nose down and almost flip over forwards when they got some major air, and they had to use actual un modified production sheetmetal.
after a while, they started making fiberglass bodies and mounting the engines out back and below the center of mass, which made them lighter and able to take big jumps without nose diving when they landed.
this was right about when they started becoming super popular because they put on a better show.

somewhere out there, i'm sure there are videos of the truck that started it all- the original Bigfoot- slowly driving over cars in the middle of a field on the guy's farm.

novaderrik
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down