G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sealed beam to composite conversion?

+2
fasrnur
77dreammachine
6 posters

Go down

Sealed beam to composite conversion? Empty Sealed beam to composite conversion?

Post by 77dreammachine Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:37 pm

Does such a thing exist for the good ol' 4 headlights on a 77'? I do like to 4 to 2 headlight conversion, but I'm looking to keep the quad headlights for originality sake but, I would really like to get better lighting performance for my headlights. Any suggestions?

77dreammachine
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Sealed beam to composite conversion? Empty Re: Sealed beam to composite conversion?

Post by fasrnur Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:05 pm

How about something like this sir?
https://www.amazon.com/OCTANE-LIGHTING-Halogen-Headlight-Headlamp/dp/B00GNU2Q1W
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Sealed beam to composite conversion? Empty Re: Sealed beam to composite conversion?

Post by pila Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:41 am

I bought the Sylvania performance lamps for the El Camino, then I wired in two relays to run the quad headlamps. The lamps are very bright now, with the #12 wire replacing the tiny gauge stuff that the factory has been using for a long time. The light switch just just the relays...

Not sure if there are better lamps for the quad set up..

The next one is the wife's Jeep ! Those lights are really bad ! Exclamation
My '74 Malibu has the dual lights, but they don't seem any better than the quads..

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:40 pm

photo IMG_20161102_153215927_HDR_zpsosdyx4yh.jpg
Here's what I did.  $20.00 halogen truck drivinglights behind the grille.  No kidding, these are brighter than my headlights
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by crice63 Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:39 am

pila wrote:I bought the Sylvania performance lamps for the El Camino, then I wired in two relays to run the quad headlamps.  The lamps are very bright now, with the #12 wire replacing the tiny gauge stuff that the factory has been using for a long time. The light switch just just the relays... 
Bill do you have pics/diagrams up somewhere on this?  Seems a simple enough improvement and it looks like I'm working on my front wiring now, might as well see if I can add this in.

crice63
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:35 pm

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10209911427093912&set=pb.1581102349.-2207520000.1479929618.&type=3&theater
How about these. VERY bright LED's.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down