G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sealed beam to composite conversion?

Go down

Sealed beam to composite conversion? Empty Sealed beam to composite conversion?

Post by 77dreammachine on Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:37 pm

Does such a thing exist for the good ol' 4 headlights on a 77'? I do like to 4 to 2 headlight conversion, but I'm looking to keep the quad headlights for originality sake but, I would really like to get better lighting performance for my headlights. Any suggestions?

77dreammachine
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Sealed beam to composite conversion? Empty Re: Sealed beam to composite conversion?

Post by fasrnur on Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:05 pm

fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Sealed beam to composite conversion? Empty Re: Sealed beam to composite conversion?

Post by pila on Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:41 am

I bought the Sylvania performance lamps for the El Camino, then I wired in two relays to run the quad headlamps. The lamps are very bright now, with the #12 wire replacing the tiny gauge stuff that the factory has been using for a long time. The light switch just just the relays...

Not sure if there are better lamps for the quad set up..

The next one is the wife's Jeep ! Those lights are really bad ! Exclamation
My '74 Malibu has the dual lights, but they don't seem any better than the quads..

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel on Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:40 pm

photo IMG_20161102_153215927_HDR_zpsosdyx4yh.jpg
Here's what I did.  $20.00 halogen truck drivinglights behind the grille.  No kidding, these are brighter than my headlights
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by crice63 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:39 am

pila wrote:I bought the Sylvania performance lamps for the El Camino, then I wired in two relays to run the quad headlamps.  The lamps are very bright now, with the #12 wire replacing the tiny gauge stuff that the factory has been using for a long time. The light switch just just the relays... 
Bill do you have pics/diagrams up somewhere on this?  Seems a simple enough improvement and it looks like I'm working on my front wiring now, might as well see if I can add this in.

crice63
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:35 pm

Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down