G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

11 inch wide rears

3 posters

Go down

11 inch wide rears Empty 11 inch wide rears

Post by Damon23 Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:21 am

I want to run a 315/35/17 on the back of my 75 Malibu. The soft 8's come 17x9 but I have a person that can stretch them. Was thinking of adding a inch on the front and one on the back. The wheel has a 5 inch backspace. Anyone run that wide of a wheel and tire before?

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

11 inch wide rears Empty Re: 11 inch wide rears

Post by builtnotbought Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:20 pm

Want to do the same thing next season, but I think 10.5J will be enough for meaty 315 look.
Sean with Bad Buzz 73 chevelle on pro-touring com did 315/35 but on 10J adding 1 inch ouside and as I can see from photos cutting the edge of the fender. And after that did 11j with 315 but no info on backspace and no contacts where to ask.
builtnotbought
builtnotbought
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by sportster_restorer Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:29 am

I have 17 x 10's all around on my 74 Laguna with 275x40-17s. Backspacing is even at 5 inches. These are old Billet Specialties wheels that are no longer made from my conversations with Billet. They have a dual bolt pattern with 5 x 4.75 and 5 x 5.

With this backspacing and 275s, I can get my hand up to the palm all the way around the inside of the tire and the frame, and the outside and the body. Although I haven't tried yet, I'm gonna guess with this combo, I could run 315s and not even need to roll the fender. These wheels came with the car, only wished I liked them more. The look kinda spindly on the car.

sportster_restorer
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down