G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car magazine collection

+4
454 Malibu
Limey SE
77camino
thatfnthing
8 posters

Go down

Car magazine collection Empty Car magazine collection

Post by wbaker01 Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:09 pm

Just wondering if anyone has ever sold your car magazine collection or thoughts on the topic? I have a 30+ year collection of MuscleCar Review, Hot Rod, Car Craft, Hemming Muscle Machines, etc.

I pitched a large batch of Car Craft and Hot Rod about 10 years ago but my collection is still pretty large.

I believe I have nearly every issue of Hemmings Muscle Machines and nearly every Muscle Car Review..

I have found that I read the magazine once, it goes to the basement to get organized and then I never read it again..

Thoughts?

wbaker01
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Car magazine collection Empty Re: Car magazine collection

Post by thatfnthing Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:29 pm

Other than possibly Hemmings, no one's going to want back issues of CC, HR, etc. You could possibly donate them to a library.

When we were moving, I took the time to go through my stacks page by page. If there was even a single future-useful article or ad, I highlighted it and it went into the 'save' pile. If not (9 out of 10), it went into the recycling bin.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by 77camino Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:52 pm

I tried to sell my collection, but did not find anyone interested. Ended up selling them in a garage sale. Some guy wanted about 25 issues and I made him a deal of $10 for a few hundred issues.
77camino
77camino
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:24 pm

wbaker01 wrote:Just wondering if anyone has ever sold your car magazine collection or thoughts on the topic? I have a 30+ year collection of MuscleCar Review, Hot Rod, Car Craft, Hemming Muscle Machines, etc.

I pitched a large batch of Car Craft and Hot Rod about 10 years ago but my collection is still pretty large.

I believe I have nearly every issue of Hemmings Muscle Machines and nearly every Muscle Car Review..

I have found that I read the magazine once, it goes to the basement to get organized and then I never read it again..

Thoughts?

I would be interested in ALL the Hot Rod Car Craft ones Can be shipped Media Mail on the Cheap thru Post office

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by 454 Malibu Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:41 pm

I have interest in the MCR,, u have all?
454 Malibu
454 Malibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:13 am

I actually Found that if you find old issues you saved, its fun Reading them again years later. Its almost like getting all new ones again. Even if the ads is out of date and the style is funny, its still cool looking trough old issues of my favorite mags. And the cars are still the same then as now.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:36 pm

The really old ones the articles are great and smetimes funny not like the PC stuff now.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by wbaker01 Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:30 pm

PM sent 454 Malibu

wbaker01
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by newmexguy Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:25 am

ant7377 wrote:The really old ones the articles are great and smetimes funny not like the PC stuff now.

No kidding. If one looks at forty year old "popular science", they had articles with technical text. Nowadays it's simply a picture show for simple minds.

newmexguy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down