G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front drop question

4 posters

Go down

Front drop question Empty Front drop question

Post by Damon23 Mon May 01, 2017 6:12 pm

I went to order the front springs from opgi today and got a shocker. 25 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the ____? However, I have searched and the best I could come up with are 1in springs. That will not work. So I started looking at drop spindles. What do you all think of those? Cutting the springs I have not is not a option. I don't want to guess at it. If you know of anyone that has a set or spindles or springs for sale I would appreciate it. Looking for a 2 inch drop up front only. Thanks.

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Front drop question Empty Re: Front drop question

Post by Damon23 Mon May 01, 2017 8:42 pm

Facebook is a great resource. Found Performance Online and got a pair ordered. Way cheaper than OPGI but only a 1.5in drop. If all else fails then out comes the cut off wheel.

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Mon May 01, 2017 10:38 pm

Very cool Damon. I can't wait to see how it looks with the lower stance.
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Tue May 02, 2017 8:50 am

That's odd -- 2 in drop springs for the front should not be hard to find at all. I went with DSE from Summit, had them in a couple days. Since I already had springs up front that were way too tall, I actually got nearly a 4-1/2" drop.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by SonOfTheGrim Tue May 02, 2017 12:11 pm

For the record I think I remember that a complete coil is 2". My springs are cut 1 coil and I love the stance. Look at my avatar pic. I also put some Moog CC501 72 chevelle wagon springs in the back and it's perfect but I don't have pics yet. I'll get them when I put matching wheels on the car.
SonOfTheGrim
SonOfTheGrim
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down