G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

93 suburban

2 posters

Go down

93 suburban Empty 93 suburban

Post by nowforever13 Sun May 28, 2017 8:52 pm

so scratch the idea of the 5.3 swap.. just gonna buy her a new crate tbi 350 but i need feedback for these mods on the new motor which jegs advertises makes around 210hp out of the box. now the mods i wanna add are a performer tbi intake and performer heads running on a stock block and a replaced delphi fuel pump what kind of hp gains would i see from this?
nowforever13
nowforever13
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

93 suburban Empty Re: 93 suburban

Post by bigredlaguna Mon May 29, 2017 12:21 am

I think you would be better off getting a different cam. This engine should have provisions for a roller cam setup. See if you can score a set of factory roller lifters and retaining hardware and get a roller cam that is compatible with your TBI.

There are some advantages to these heads for use in the suburban, they are known to produce excellent torque, and with the right cam can get into a fun horsepower range.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by nowforever13 Mon May 29, 2017 4:38 pm

bigredlaguna wrote:I think you would be better off getting a different cam. This engine should have provisions for a roller cam setup. See if you can score a set of factory roller lifters and retaining hardware and get a roller cam that is compatible with your TBI.

There are some advantages to these heads for use in the suburban, they are known to produce excellent torque, and with the right cam can get into a fun horsepower range.  
i dont really want alot of horsepower in this thing. it is a daily. BUT i also want it to have more a$$ i mean right now its at about 180hp and around 300-350 ft/lbs of torque. the new motor is advertised at 210/350tq and a 9.5:1 comp ratio i like the torque but i want that hp number to go up not really wanting to cam it though i think it would hurt my gas milage ( i need all i can get) like better flowing heads and an intake. and a dual exhaust wouldnt hurt. as it has the crappy pre-vortec swirl port heads :/ which are the most restrictive heads ever made lol just wanting ideas for a different setup but if i can i dont wanna cam the new engine
nowforever13
nowforever13
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down