G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from North Carolina

+5
Dinomyte
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Hs1973
fasrnur
Limey SE
9 posters

Go down

Hello from North Carolina Empty Hello from North Carolina

Post by Zaptiah Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:47 pm

I just found this treasure trove so I am saying hi to everyone. I have a 1973 Chevelle Laguna and am in process of bringing it up to snuff so to speak. It is a clean and basically straight 2 door factory V8 and a/c car with an auto and bench seat. I am still learning a bunch of the details on this apparent red headed step child that I love way to much. It does need a few things, mainly some of those old plastic trim and panels has perished. and of course I cant help myself and do a few upgrades while I'm at it. I will be poking around all the knowledge here and undoubtedly pestering a few folks on the classifieds as I try to find the parts that aren't made anymore. See you all around the way Very Happy

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Hello from North Carolina Empty Re: Hello from North Carolina

Post by Limey SE Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:54 pm

welcome aboard Takes up to 5 days for permissions to take effect for posting pictures But Still Welcome from Admin

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:10 pm

Welcome to the group sir. If you're looking for anything or need any help feel free to ask away. Lot's of knowledgeable people here for sure.
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:47 am

Welcome. You wont find a nicher bunch of guys anywhere. They are all wery helpful and know all there is to know of these rare beasts.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:29 pm

Welcome to the Laguna club!
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:56 pm

Welcome !!
Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:06 pm

Thank you all. This is what i am starting with. Its a nice straight good driving car already. Unfortunately i am a bit of a stickler for details so i will be "fixing" things that are probably just fine lol. I have already done the springs and shocks to stock when i got it. I also redid the top end on the motor so it runs super smooth. I am planning on new wheels, paint, and a little interior work this summer. I am also working on the original 350 in my little shop. It currently has a basic 220hp crate motor but i want to make the Laguna that Chevy should have made. So the adventure starts in earnest next week.

Hello from North Carolina 20171210

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:34 pm

Welcome to the site! Somebody somewhere is going to make some repop interior pieces that are worth getting someday.

What are your ideas on how the factory could have done the engine differently?
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:44 am

Power and reliability in short. Both of the 350 options for this year are anemic at best. I will be rebuilding the original engine with a goal of 380 to 400 hp. When i finish the engine I'm thinking of switching from a carb to a throttle body fuel injection setup. All the benefits of fuel injection but will still look period correct. Also while the suspension in 73 was better i think it could do with poly bushings and coil overs and better sway bars.

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitchell Murphy Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:46 pm

Again Welcome and Thank You for buying the car in the first place. I am glad to know there is another car guy that loves these as much as I do and the other guys on the site. I am fortunate to own two, a 74 Laguna S-3 and a 75 Laguna S-3. Anything at all you need whether it be parts or info, you have found the place, guys here have been helpful to me. Let me know where to send you a video that I have sent to 17 other guys on "Building A better Way. Again, welcome my Laguna brother.

Mitchell Murphy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:54 am

Welcome!
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member