G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not So "SUPER" Bowl

+2
Hawk03
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
6 posters

Go down

Not So "SUPER" Bowl Empty Not So "SUPER" Bowl

Post by Mcarlo77 Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:33 am

Anyone else think this was one of the most boring games/halftime show/ads EVER?  I'm not an avid NFL football fan by any means...but, I always got caught up in the hoopla over the playoffs and Super Bowl.  But, geez...I found it hard to even stay awake.  And, the halftime show was so lackluster.  No wonder the performers didn't want to do the traditional pre-Super Bowl press conference as a teaser...even more people would have stayed away from watching it.  And, as for the halftime ads...where has all the creativity gone?  I've noticed this trend the past several yrs.  I may as well have been watching a normal Sunday night football game.  If this is the new norm, I've got better things to do (like clean out my garage?).
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Not So "SUPER" Bowl Empty Re: Not So "SUPER" Bowl

Post by thatfnthing Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:35 pm

Agreed.

If I'm not mistaken, this was the lowest scoring Super Bowl of all time.  I think the previous record was Miami/Washington back in the 70's something like 14-7.  That said, it's a testament to the defensive coordinators on both sides -- if you can hold New England to 13 points, you rock.  And if it wasn't for Legotron, LA wouldn't have managed anything at all.  I still think New Orleans got robbed, though.

However, it was still more engaging than a one-sided blowout where it's 52-10 by the end of the first quarter.

The ads have not been any good since the 90's.  The only one I found even a bit amusing was the Michael Buble one where he's "fixing" the spelling on the cans of Bubly.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:55 pm

The best thing about the game was the cheese dip I made.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:53 pm

The commercials no longer entertain. They lecture. laughter is no longer allowed. Just something else that the PC police have ruined.
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:39 pm

[quote="73ss"]The commercials no longer entertain. They lecture. laughter is no longer allowed. Just something else that the PC police have ruined.[/quote

Exactly.....

And, as an entertainer, who needs the b.s. that gets thrown at you for participating in an event that has political overtones.  Look at the crap hurled at Gladys Knight for accepting the singing of the Nat'l Anthem.   The pool is shrinking and so, you get such stellar performances like what you saw last night.  Guess you just compensate by having more fireworks, choreography and stage props to distract people from the lack of talent.  At the risk of offending someone, I'm just going to say it...I enjoy or respect most every genre of music but, for the life of me, I really can't understand how rap music has continued it's popularity.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:59 pm

I liked it so much I fired up my work computer and started working, then changed the channel and watched re-runs of Law and Order. Lol. I was sort of excited for what could have been offensively but that was not the case.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:03 am

Mcarlo77 wrote:At the risk of offending someone, I'm just going to say it...I enjoy or respect most every genre of music but, for the life of me, I really can't understand how rap music has continued it's popularity.

Dude, I am SOOOOOOO with you on that one.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:44 pm

There was talk of metallica playing last year or the year before when the game was in SF, metallicas home town. That didn't happen, Metallica is not everyone's cup of tea but for a organization that preaches diversity, how about a metal act? They play metallica, ozzy, several rock/metal acts in the stadium and leading into commercials. Then they wonder why the ratings are at a 10 year low.
I'm sure the ratings for the host-less oscars will be in the toilet as well. Kevin Hart got arrested by the PC police. I won't waste the electricity to watch, but I will be curious if Clint Eastwood gets a mention. I have read where he is not well liked in hollywood because he doesn't fit the PC mold. 88 years old and still kicking A$$ at the box office with anything his name is on. I grew up with his movies and he is still my favorite.
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:50 pm

I quit watching the Oscars, Academy Awards, Emmys, Grammys etc. some time ago. Couldn't stand the political grandstanding by the award winners. I mean...who gives a rat's A$$ what some Hollywood actor/actress/performer thinks about anything, anyway? Exception is Clint Eastwood...he's THE man!

BTW...just heard today that viewership of the Super Bowl was at a 10 yr low and has been declining each year for the past 4 yrs.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:57 am

I'm not a fan of most sports. Nascar has even lost favor...with me!  

NFL is too big....look at the numbers !!  Afraid to offend anyone....definitely not diverse....though they preach diversity!!

MCARLO.....I couldn't agree more! (Oscars, Academy Awards, Emmys, Grammys etc. ) UGH!!! HATEABLE !!

73SS...Clint.....2x agree Thumbs up !
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down