G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QA1 Rear Coilovers

3 posters

Go down

QA1 Rear Coilovers Empty QA1 Rear Coilovers

Post by Hawk03 Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:42 pm

Has anyone installed these? I've read where these might not include all of the hardware but the description says it should include everything.

What spring rate should I use? 170, 200, 220. I'm not going to do anything crazy, I would just like to have some better handling and lower the rear a little. I think the single adjustment should be good for what I want to use them for.

https://www.qa1.net/73-77-gm-abody-rear-pro-coil-system

74malibu383 installed them in 2010 so not sure if anything has changed since then.
https://www.g3gm.com/t2576-rear-coil-over-s
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

QA1 Rear Coilovers Empty Re: QA1 Rear Coilovers

Post by Hawk03 Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:22 pm

I bought the rear QA1 coil overs and will be installing them this spring. I will probably do the fronts as well but not sure if they will make the list this year.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:19 pm

Nice! What spring rate did you end up going with?
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:57 pm

I went with 170. I'm not going to do anything crazy so that should be good for a driver.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Iguy Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:17 pm

My brother in law has QA1 coilovers all around on his 70 GTO and loves them.  I don't think he had any issues originally but he just went from a 12 bolt to a QP 9" rearend and had to get different mounting brackets because the spring was too close to the axle.  
I'll be interested to see how it works for you since I'll probably upgrade at some point down the road.  I went with Viking coilovers up front and they are awesome, I would probably use them for the rear too just to keep it all the same.

Have you weighed your car at all 4 corners to see what spring rate you wanted?  I'm sure ours are similar. I weighed mine last year and was LR 819 lbs, and RR 823 lbs with a spare tire in the trunk and about 5 gallons of gas in the tank.
Iguy
Iguy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down