G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

B-Body Spindles, upgrade your discs... NOT A FORSALE Thread this is a Sticky

5 posters

Go down

spindles - B-Body Spindles, upgrade your discs... NOT A FORSALE Thread this is a Sticky  Empty B-Body Spindles, upgrade your discs... NOT A FORSALE Thread this is a Sticky

Post by impalamonte Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:16 pm

Spindles are from a 1995 Caprice utilizing 9/16" ball joints.
Spindles ( blasted , coated) will come assembled as pictured WITH 12" rotors, calipers , ceramic pads , new bearings, lug nuts. NEW NAPA master cylinder. Assemblies have approx. 2000 miles on them.

spindles - B-Body Spindles, upgrade your discs... NOT A FORSALE Thread this is a Sticky  Img_0010

spindles - B-Body Spindles, upgrade your discs... NOT A FORSALE Thread this is a Sticky  Img_0011

THIS IS A STICKY FOR WHAT TO USE FOR THE CONVERSION

Last edited by impalamonte on Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

spindles - B-Body Spindles, upgrade your discs... NOT A FORSALE Thread this is a Sticky  Empty Re: B-Body Spindles, upgrade your discs... NOT A FORSALE Thread this is a Sticky

Post by fasrnur Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:50 pm

Those would be 5 on 5 bolt pattern then?
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

spindles - B-Body Spindles, upgrade your discs... NOT A FORSALE Thread this is a Sticky  Empty Re: B-Body Spindles, upgrade your discs... NOT A FORSALE Thread this is a Sticky

Post by impalamonte Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:10 am

5 on 4 3/4 bolt pattern.

Running 1990 Camaro 1LE rotors to maintain the 4 3/4" bolt pattern.
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:05 pm

Interesting -- didn't realize you could swap the Camaro rotors onto B-body spindles. I used the 5x5 B-body rotors cuz I was specifically looking to do ABS. What are you plugging the ABS sensor holes with? Used sensors?

thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:35 pm

Is the master cylinder needed for the 12" brake conversion? Might be a stupid question sir, but you mentioned 9/19" ball joints. Do they bolt to the stock control arms?
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:54 am

thatfnthing :  I cut the wiring flush with the plastic housing attached to back of spindle. Cant even tell its there. Don't
                   need it for my application......though ABS would be cool !!  As on yours.  

fasrnur : No the master cylinder is not needed for the conversion. Had it laying around ...to "sweetn the sell".
            They do bolt to the 9/16 stock ball joints for our cars if you get them off a CAPRICE.   If you get them off an IMPALA
            SS , you would have to switch to the 5/8" ball joint.
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:57 pm

I'm strongly thinking about buying them impalamonte. There is a gentleman that lives in Indy that is going to a Chevelle show in June that I'm am also going to. I might be able to talk him into picking them up from you and bring them with him. I'll let you know in the next week. If you can sell them before that, I'll understand.
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:54 pm

SOLD !!
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:26 pm

Good for you sir. I snooze, I loose. lol
I do appreciate all the great information though.
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by brownbomber77 Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:40 pm

thatfnthing wrote:Interesting -- didn't realize you could swap the Camaro rotors onto B-body spindles.  I used the 5x5 B-body rotors cuz I was specifically looking to do ABS.  What are you plugging the ABS sensor holes with? Used sensors?

89-91 F-Body "With Performance Package" (1LE, GTA, IROC) used a 12" rotor with 4.75"x5 bolt pattern and the large outer bearing. Makes the big brake swap so much easier.

brownbomber77
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:25 am

TY Sir for the Link this should help for further easier finding

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down