G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malibu like new, 43 years in garage. Canada

+4
Hawk03
Mcarlo77
76 Malibu
tropdeprojet
8 posters

Go down

Malibu like new, 43 years in garage. Canada Empty Malibu like new, 43 years in garage. Canada

Post by tropdeprojet Thu May 21, 2020 6:54 am

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-voiture-collection/laval-rive-nord/chevrolet-chevelle-malibu/1501107784
tropdeprojet
tropdeprojet
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Malibu like new, 43 years in garage. Canada Empty Re: Malibu like new, 43 years in garage. Canada

Post by 76 Malibu Thu May 21, 2020 7:08 am

Wow, what a time capsule! I would love to see this car in person just to document it.
76 Malibu
76 Malibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Malibu like new, 43 years in garage. Canada Empty Re: Malibu like new, 43 years in garage. Canada

Post by Mcarlo77 Thu May 21, 2020 9:15 am

I am always interested in the back story as to what was going thru the Buyer's mind to purchase a car like this and never drive it. There was absolutely nothing special about it at the time to prompt someone to buy it as an investment. So cool to see all the original parts in their pristine factory assembled condition. Note the ground strap on the top of the air cleaner.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Thu May 21, 2020 9:44 am

It looks really cool. I'm not a traditionalist but if I bought a 40+ yr old car that was in like new condition, I would keep it that way. I think changing the wheels was a mistake and it actually looks better with the rally wheels.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by 77camino Thu May 21, 2020 9:53 am

I agree it looks better with the rallys. I’m confused on one thing. It’s badged as a Malibu classic, interior and grill are correct but why does it have single headlights instead of the quads. Maybe this is a Canadian thing??
77camino
77camino
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Thu May 21, 2020 9:55 am

Agree on the wheel swap. This car needs to be kept factory stock.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tropdeprojet Thu May 21, 2020 12:36 pm

Few months ago, i see a 75 gold Malibu in that same condition.

tropdeprojet
tropdeprojet
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu May 21, 2020 2:29 pm

MAN IS THAT COOL I wished it pics of brake booster as I want to paint mine back to original color My most hated style of wheel arre them and torq thrust WAY OVER PLAYED WHEEL BUT if you like them on your car Im ok with that as I didnt build your car you did and I can respect that

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Thu May 21, 2020 5:17 pm

I saw a 79 Eldorado recently for sale with under 500 miles on it. Always would like to know how this happens. This is a nice car. I wouldn't have the heart to start using it.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Thu May 21, 2020 6:19 pm

Regarding the color of the brake boosters, according to Rockauto's part descriptions, the Bendix was factory black and the Delcos were gold anodized.  I have the Delco on the Laguna and am planning to paint it when I replace the m/c.  Don't think I want to go with black...and, I don't think there is any good way to duplicate the anodized look.  Kind of thinking a dark charcoal gray.  So what is everyone else doing for paint?
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu May 21, 2020 6:25 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:Regarding the color of the brake boostersand, I don't think there is any good way to duplicate the anodized look.  Kind of thinking a dark charcoal gray.  So what is everyone else doing for paint?

Thats why I asked as well LOL

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by 76 Malibu Thu May 21, 2020 7:56 pm

77camino wrote:I agree it looks better with the rallys. I’m confused on one thing. It’s badged as a Malibu classic, interior and grill are correct but why does it have single headlights instead of the quads. Maybe this is a Canadian thing??

I noticed that too.  To my knowledge Canada didn't offer the Classic with single headlights.  I have a Canadian 1976 Classic and it was the stacked square lights.  I have seen lots of other '76s and '77s the same.  In fact I have never seen a '76 or 77 with single rounds in the wild.  Canadian cars can get a full history report from Oshawa though.  There is a company Vintage Vehicle Services there that will provide the history on any Canadian built Chevrolet of that era.

https://www.vintagevehicleservices.com/

Limey SE wrote:MAN IS THAT COOL I wished it pics of brake booster as I want to paint mine back to original color My most hated style of wheel arre them and torq thrust WAY OVER PLAYED WHEEL BUT if you like them on your car Im ok with that as I didnt build your car you did and I can respect that

The booster on my car looks kind of a dark gray. I still have some of the original paint on mine, but it has rusted a bit over the years.  I attached a photo of my car when my dad first bought it and the engine compartment was like new:

Malibu like new, 43 years in garage. Canada Engine10
76 Malibu
76 Malibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Fri May 22, 2020 8:45 am

Before I went to Hydro-Boost Braking.....I had my brake booster left as raw metal and coated it with KBS Diamond Finish Clear Coat.

Several pictures in my thread in the engine bay...around page 3.

https://www.g3gm.com/t8709p50-update-1973-monte-carlo-body-off-frame-resto
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by 76 Malibu Sun May 24, 2020 3:18 pm

I emailed this guy to see if he'd share more pics. I asked him for pics so people could use them for restoration reference. He said he was really busy and asked how much I'd pay for the photos. I told him I was hoping he'd help out without charging money and just send them to help out the car community. I doubt I will hear back from him.

I also asked the back story of the car and he didn't answer. I get the impression he may be a flipper.

If he does send pics, I will post them here for everyone.
76 Malibu
76 Malibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tropdeprojet Sun May 24, 2020 4:24 pm

76 Malibu wrote:I emailed this guy to see if he'd share more pics. I asked him for pics so people could use them for restoration reference. He said he was really busy and asked how much I'd pay for the photos. I told him I was hoping he'd help out without charging money and just send them to help out the car community. I doubt I will hear back from him.

I also asked the back story of the car and he didn't answer. I get the impression he may be a flipper.

If he does send pics, I will post them here for everyone.

He is probably a flipper as you say. He is certainly not a fan of this generation like us.
tropdeprojet
tropdeprojet
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77camino Sun May 24, 2020 4:52 pm

This is how is his ad translates...

CHEVELLE MALIBU CLASSIC V8 store in a house garage incredible 43 years 340 miles as leaving the factory as new must see all original 100% I half way it works like a new unique opportunity $ 24,500.

The odometer say 129 and ad says 340. Even with Miles to Km conversation puts it 207km, so it seems his numbers don’t add up. I wonder how many miles it had when it came out of the garage, because by looking at the pictures he is obviously driving it around town.
77camino
77camino
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by tropdeprojet Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:59 am

The gold one i see before are from the same saler!!! Same condition and story?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-voiture-collection/laval-rive-nord/chevrolet-chevelle-malibu-1977/1499155470
tropdeprojet
tropdeprojet
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 76 Malibu Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:42 am

Wow, it's nearly the same as the blue one! Strangely, it is also a single round headlight car with Malibu Classic trim. I wonder what the story is behind these cars? Why were they preserved and never driven? I'd love to see these cars in person. The gold car looks nearly identical to my '76, but I converted mine to round headlights it didn't leave the factory that way. It's amazing how much my interior has faded once I see this untouched original.

Tropdeprojet, have you tried reaching out to this guy to get the story? When I emailed him, he only responded in French and my french is not very good. So maybe he will be more responsive without the language barrier.
76 Malibu
76 Malibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tropdeprojet Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:31 pm

No, I never contacted the seller. I imagine that it should not be very sociable if there is no sale behind. the ideal would be to drive 2 hours roads to go directly to his business with my car to maybe can make a better way to discussion.
tropdeprojet
tropdeprojet
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down