G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello.

+5
Hawk03
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
Iggy
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
C B Run
9 posters

Go down

Hello. Empty Hello.

Post by C B Run Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:05 am

I have a 76 Laguna I just acquired 10/8/20. Bought her from a nice mom n pops joint in Remsen Iowa called Country Classics. They have more cars like ours and other cars too. My car is equipped as follows: 400/350, nonlimited slip (I just bought 1 to install by Quick Performance), a/c still blows cool, swivel buckets, am radio, cruise control(has been disconnected by previous owner), tilt steering, bumper jack with necessary piece for jacking up front end, and Cragar classic keystones.
I have bought some things to bring her back to life. Just recently bought rear bumper fillers. Passenger headlight. Lugnuts by cragar. Flowmaster flow fx muffler. Door and trunk key cylinders. Roofline weatherstrip. Any way thanks for adding me.

C B Run
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Limey SE and knightfan26917 like this post

Back to top Go down

Hello. Empty Re: Hello.

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:32 pm

Welcome to the site! Great to see another Laguna owner joining up! Love to see some pics!
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 33

C B Run likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by C B Run Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:41 pm

Hello. 20201113
Hello. 20201112
Hello. 20201111
I have more pics. Just replaced the windshield but it said I reached my limits. Thank you.

C B Run
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

knightfan26917 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:47 pm

Welcome!
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:21 pm

Welcome aboard. Sounds like a nicely optioned Laguna. You definitely found the right place on the net for Laguna lovers. Lots of good people here. Don’t be afraid to ask a lot of questions. There are some very knowledgeable people here that can and will help you out. What are your plans for the 400? I have had a few, still have one, so we can help you pump up the torque output for sure. Cheers.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 19

C B Run likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by C B Run Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:03 pm

Thanks. I'm plan on leaving her stock. Wear her out. Maybe rebuild later. I have a tall deck 427 & HD 400 trans to rebuild and drop in later. I am going to daily her for now. I also have a 73 C10 short bed with 454 from factory. She been engine and trans rebuilt already. I put dome pistons in her 454.

C B Run
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:13 pm

Welcome! Glad you found the site.

I'm grew up and built my car in eastern Iowa but the car is now with me in Indy.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

C B Run likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:57 pm

That is a rare color combo, black with firethorn stripes. Most of the 76 Lagunas I seen in black came with either white stripes or gold. Has anyone else seen this color combo before? The 2nd Laguna I owned back in the late 80's was the negative image of yours. Hope you find this site to be very helpful. It has been for me since many of these guys bleed g3gm vehicles and are always willing to share their knowledge.

Hello. 76_wht12
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:28 pm

Welcome Aboard C B Told ya these guys will welcome with open arms

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

C B Run likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by C B Run Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:08 pm

Thank you guys. I would like to know just how rare my car is. I called my insurance vendor and they are also vendors for Hagerty. They asked what condition my car is in. I said in need of restoration. They said if repaired to just fair condition..she's worth $10,000. Is this true?

C B Run
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by C B Run Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:15 pm

Also..there's a guy in a Facebook group that has a front clip for 75-76 for sale. He's in Kansas I believe. I want it for emergencies but I don't think it can be shipped because of how big it is. I can get you his info. Just want to help keep these dinosaurs alive.

Hello. Receiv11
Hello. Receiv10Hello. Receiv12

C B Run
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by C B Run Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:16 pm

Sorry for the repeat pics. I don't know how this forum stuff works.

C B Run
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:09 am

That front end weighs over 200 pounds, I found that out when I tried to load on into the back of my pickup by myself!
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 15

C B Run likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:36 am

C B Run wrote:Sorry for the repeat pics. I don't know how this forum stuff works.

Its alright Bud, I will get it cleaned up and as far as Shipping you can contact Fastenal.com and use there 3PL Blue Lane freight service and go store to store Has to be on a pallet or wont ship it

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by calsdad Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:21 am

C B Run wrote:Also..there's a guy in a Facebook group that has a front clip for 75-76 for sale. He's in Kansas I believe. I want it for emergencies but I don't think it can be shipped because of how big it is. I can get you his info. Just want to help keep these dinosaurs alive.

Hello. Receiv11
Hello. Receiv10Hello. Receiv12

It can definitely be shipped , but the size and weight means it would have to go by freight carrier, or by a one-off type shipper. If it had to get shipped by a freight company then it would have to be on a pallet and it would have to be strapped down to the pallet. You can have freight companies pickup at a location - but if the location is a residential home or something like that, then it's typically going to cost more because they'll charge you for a lift gate pickup. If you don't have a way to offload the pallet at the delivery location - you'll get charged extra there too.

I've gotten a lot of things shipped that were overweight and oversize (to get shipped by Fedex or UPS that is) over the years. If you really want the nose, I would try posting a request for shipment on some place like UShip.com , and see if somebody quotes out the shipment for you. You might get lucky and find one of these one-off shipment type guys to quote on the thing because he's going thru the area and is looking for a few extra bucks. WHen I say one-off shipper - what I'm referring to is there are a lot of people out there running their own truck/trailer combo who make a living booking shipments and then driving stuff around the country.

I've gotten some really good deals on getting stuff shipped by these type of people over the years, but it's hit or miss sometimes on whether you can find somebody to do it.

For whatever it's worth - that nose is really badly cracked. It would take a lot of work to get that thing looking good again.
calsdad
calsdad
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by C B Run Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:13 pm

I understand it's in poor shape but its all there. You cannot find 1 anywhere. At least there is something to work with. Mine ain't in much better condition.

C B Run
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by 1975 S3 Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:37 pm

C B Run wrote:I understand it's in poor shape but its all there. You cannot find 1 anywhere. At least there is something to work with. Mine ain't in much better condition.

I hear you on that, I grabbed a full nose from a 76 this past summer just in case, I'm paranoid someone will hit mine and damage it beyond repair. Hopefully it will just sit in inventory forever.
1975 S3
1975 S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:25 am

Welcome, I look forward to seeing your progress.
Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum