G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebay alternative ????

2 posters

Go down

Ebay alternative ???? Empty Ebay alternative ????

Post by Joe73 Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:12 pm

Just got an email from Ebay that I missed the deadline to update my account. But not to worry, they are extending the deadline to update. Well, I read the details of this "upgrade" and ebay is doing away with Paypal for sellers. A buyer can still pay with Paypal but it would go into an ebay account TIED TO THE BUYERS CHECKING ACCOUNT.

To me, this is unacceptable. I dont want to tie my checking account to ebay.

Does anyone have a good alternative to ebay? I think my selling days with them are numbered.

Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Ebay alternative ???? Empty Re: Ebay alternative ????

Post by Joe73 Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:07 pm

Here's a bit of whats going on.

https://www.imrg.org/blog/why-ebay-drops-paypal/
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:43 pm

Wow, that’s kind of unsettling. They will have your virtual wallet. I really try to use money orders to buy things, but this has gotten almost impossible to find people that will do it. It now sounds like eBay wants to replace your bank to bring it in house for them. I can’t wait to see what their fees will be for that. The last 25 or more items that I have sold have been through forums or the dreaded Craigslist. The other part of this corporate theft ring is shipping. Corporations get huge shipping discounts but when I try to ship something the price is sky high. It’s like they don’t want private people selling anything.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:52 am

None of this effects buying on ebay. You would still be able to use paypal.

Im still thinking about it. I might look into an online banking company if I can find one that does not have a minimum for their checking account.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down