G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for universal joint "C" clip

2 posters

Go down

Looking for universal joint "C" clip Empty Looking for universal joint "C" clip

Post by Joe73 Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:23 pm

Anyone by chance have an old "C" clip from a universal joint? I misplaced one of mine. It needs to be from a turbo 400 yoke joint. The end cap of the joint should measure 1 1/8" diameter. That would be the correct one. Please message me if you happen to have one or two used ones laying around and let me know what you want for them. Thank you guys.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Looking for universal joint "C" clip Empty Re: Looking for universal joint "C" clip

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:44 pm

Joe, I've got a couple of old driveshafts that were mated to th400's. I'll check this afternoon to see if they have the clips you need. If I do, they're yours. No charge.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 33

Back to top Go down

Looking for universal joint "C" clip Empty Re: Looking for universal joint "C" clip

Post by Joe73 Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:02 pm

Great.  Thank you.  The cap should be 1 1/8" diameter. Just one would be fine. Thanks
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:15 pm

Okay, it appears that the caps on the th350 yoke are the same diameter as teh th400 yoke I have. My caliper was slightly out of calibration but it appears both are 1.125 inches or 1 1/8" diameter. Let me know what you think.

Looking for universal joint "C" clip 20210912

TH400 YOKE
Looking for universal joint "C" clip 20210913

TH350 YOKE
Looking for universal joint "C" clip 20210914
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:15 am

Cap is definitely 1 1/8" so that should be the correct ring. I'll pm you my shipping info. Thank you very much.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:51 am

I just double checked my extra driveshaft regarding the diameter of the caps. I know it came out of a parted car with a turbo 350. Yup, it does have 1 1/8" caps as well. But this driveshaft I believe still has its original yokes. There are no C clips at either end and it still has the waxy good in the holes on the yoke ears.

Got my fingers crossed that your clip fits. Thanks again.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down