G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chevelle vs Monte Carlo Alignment Specs

2 posters

Go down

Chevelle vs Monte Carlo Alignment Specs Empty Chevelle vs Monte Carlo Alignment Specs

Post by 76 Malibu Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:21 pm

I was looking at the alignment specs on G3 Chevelle vs Monte Carlo and the Monte Carlo has way more caster at 5 degrees vs 2 degrees on the Chevelle. As far as I know the control arms, shaft and all else in the front ends are the same. So is there any issue using the Monte Carlo specs on my Malibu? I'd imagine the extra caster will considerably improve the road feel.

1975-77 Chevelle with PS (earlier cars have less caster)

Caster
+1 1/2 to +2 1/2 Desired +2

Camber
Left +1/2 to +1 1/2 Desired +1
Right 0 to +1 Desired + 1/2

Toe In

0 to 1/8"

1973-77 Monte Carlo

Caster
+4 1/2 to +5 1/2 Desired +5

Camber
Left +1/2 to +1 1/2 Desired +1
Right 0 to +1 Desired + 1/2

Toe In

0 to 1/8"

76 Malibu
76 Malibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Chevelle vs Monte Carlo Alignment Specs Empty Re: Chevelle vs Monte Carlo Alignment Specs

Post by zucchi Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:20 am

On the surface, it would seem to be ok if you don't mind all the extra shims.
One item of note, according to the myriad of literature I have, the Monte Carlo steering box has a different steering ratio than the other Chevelle based cars; yet another Monte Carlo only item  Chevelle vs Monte Carlo Alignment Specs 1f62c . Don't know what difference it makes, if any, but, then again, I'm not an automotive engineer nor do I play one on TV.
zucchi
zucchi
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down