G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clips - headliner, quarter interior trim

5 posters

Go down

Clips - headliner, quarter interior trim Empty Clips - headliner, quarter interior trim

Post by Keith Seymore Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:41 pm

Anybody know where clips like these can be sourced?

They are kind of unique, with a base that fits in the molding and then a small ratcheting pawl that tightens things up.

Used for interior trim across the windshield, above the doors and around the quarter windows.

Thanks,

K

Clips - headliner, quarter interior trim Attachment

Keith Seymore
Keith Seymore
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 11

Keith Seymore likes this post

Back to top Go down

Clips - headliner, quarter interior trim Empty Re: Clips - headliner, quarter interior trim

Post by Limey SE Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:49 pm

Nick Wellik on facebook has about 400 of them darn things Message him Keith on Facebook

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Clips - headliner, quarter interior trim Empty Re: Clips - headliner, quarter interior trim

Post by Mcarlo77 Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:37 pm

https://www.ebay.com/itm/191985281457?fits=Year%3A1973%7CModel%3AChevelle&hash=item2cb336e9b1:g:OBwAAOSw8gVX8RZF&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA8D374VbfZrOvFFuq5cIYA5BEyfVeWcDXRpyKhS7EvueB6vp9glkfFBjUzFguHfkWUYWqrzZGQ7Hn1UTGCV5ehlMx%2FDtDDKoFKPfB9b4hEsuNW3BFFIT%2FbiYrMNa75YyF4t6eOaYkqZgrbzk33wRtzPR%2FjF%2BknfT1upFrBMDv21d65M8yFBJ7zD0506j0LEmQoeJTe3hZOrTaHvT0HTtVa%2B1LadjTENjxKnruOG5n%2B4WIwTwcrASJo%2BRMYfIDZsViF6lS%2FKBdbX3bz%2BRweBXiJ2AzJ4d8KSZACkwYcaUFK%2FO6G88644UzEC7xbHQ8y%2FsVBg%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR9CouOyRYg
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:28 am

Side note on the ad Keith that is only enuf for the plastics above doors Why I said message Nick by the time you get enough sets mazzle get from Nick

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Seymore Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:45 am

Thanks guys -

K
Keith Seymore
Keith Seymore
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:35 am

May I ask how many of the clips are needed to replace all of them in the car? Is there a coupe/sedan/wagon differemce?
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Seymore Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:19 pm

76Chevelle2Tone wrote:May I ask how many of the clips are needed to replace all of them in the car? Is there a coupe/sedan/wagon differemce?

I can't answer that (yet).

So far there's two over the driver/passenger door and two under the quarter window. I haven't pulled down the windshield trim or back window trim yet but I'd guess there's four each there.

This is for a two door coupe; no idea for four door/wagon.

K
Keith Seymore
Keith Seymore
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

76Chevelle2Tone likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RobW Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:46 pm

I hate those clips -- it always takes me forever to find the correct place on the tab to get them to release.  That being said, they are still commercially available:
https://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Headliner-Clip-GM-9617200-p/a11119.htm

On my car (1974 4 door), the windshield trim uses different metal clips, and, if I remember correctly, the back window trim uses 'standard' plastic push in pins.  I always have wondered about the variety of clips, and supposed it represented an evolution of fasteners over GM's history and a reluctance to change a working process.

- Rob

RobW
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:36 pm

Keith Seymore wrote:

So far there's two over the driver/passenger door and two under the quarter window.  I haven't pulled down the windshield trim or back window trim yet but I'd guess there's four each there.

This is for a two door coupe;  no idea for four door/wagon.

K

Thanks very much. to both of you. Taking a closer look at my Fisher 1977 manual, it indicates both the windshield and the back window have inset clips although the type differs between them. The plastic clips seem reserved for the side. So if that's true probably no more than 8-12 plastic clips for the coupe sedan or wagon.
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down