G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congrats to 74Malibu383! PHR feature car.

+16
HDHugger
Roadcaptain S3
alowerlevel
1973 454 MONTE
dragons_lair59
coreys73chevelle
IndyG3
JB2wheeler
MichiganMuscle77
Famstyle
Laguna Budman
G3NUT
ant7377
bigredlaguna
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
74MonteCarlo
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Congrats to 74Malibu383! PHR feature car. - Page 3 Empty Re: Congrats to 74Malibu383! PHR feature car.

Post by alowerlevel Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:57 pm

1973 454 MONTE wrote:http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1003phr_1974_chevrolet_chevelle_malibu/index.html

Beat ya too it lol!

alowerlevel wrote:PHR has it online now (still havent found the fu**ing magazine though Head Bang )

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1003phr_1974_chevrolet_chevelle_malibu/index.html
alowerlevel
alowerlevel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Congrats to 74Malibu383! PHR feature car. - Page 3 Empty Re: Congrats to 74Malibu383! PHR feature car.

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:12 pm

This months PHr has Seymores black 74 in it. Haven't got my copy yet, but it oughta be a good article. Smokin car.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by HDHugger Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:38 pm

I just read that article, and it really made me feel like someone out there is the same as me. I loved my first Malibu, back when my grandma bought it brand new, enough to throw a fit at 14 years old when she wanted to sell it. My mom bought it and drove it till I got my license at 16, and though I only got to drive it for two and a half years before it was a rusted and had gone through 2 motors and 3 transmissions, it's always been my favorite. Nothing else will do. That's why I had to get another. I have always felt that it was the best car in the world, and never knew why it was so overlooked. Now I do know... it's for the comeback!!!

Little by little, I plan on taking the car back to stock. If and when this motor goes, I planning on getting 350 crate motor. This may take me 10 years, but since I have waited 20 already, I plan to enjoy my time with this car for as long as I can drive.

Kudos on the story. I know where your heart is at.

HDHugger
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:53 am

Sorry about the late congrats 74Malibu383! I loved the article, and I'm still amazed that your car has 450,000 miles on it! Shocked My car has 74,000 miles on it and the panel fitment isn't even in the same ballpark as your car, let alone the poor repaint that was done to my car (before I bought). I have to admit though that I've had a picture of your car as the background to my computer for maybe a year now. Ever since I first seen your car on Cardomain I've alway looked at your car as inspiration for my own car!
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:09 pm

Thanks man! I lucked out that my old man took such good car of it all those years, not to mention it was in AZ for most of it's life. No rust, and no accidents make a great starting point.
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:45 pm

Speaking of starting point....... Very Happy
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:05 am

74Malibu383 wrote:Thanks man! I lucked out that my old man took such good car of it all those years, not to mention it was in AZ for most of it's life. No rust, and no accidents make a great starting point.
Well if I'm right there with you on that one! As it turns out mine was built in Arlington TX (vin # ******R******), sold to the original owner in Houston TX, sold to the second owner in Burleson TX (wich is less than a 20 minute drive from Arlington), and sold to me still in Burleson TX! It's never been wrecked either. The sagging doors & misaligned hood are just from age and are soon to be repaired.

Last edited by Malicruiser on Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:46 am

wtg brother keep up the good work

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3