G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jonny o - now with video!

+2
Hydro King
coreys73chevelle
6 posters

Go down

jonny o - now with video! Empty jonny o - now with video!

Post by jonny o Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:47 pm

Hey guys, Jonny o here.
I'm just a greasy hotrodder that happens to have a 76 malibu classic. I'm not a huge fan of our cars. They are ugly as sin, they are as heavy as a 12-pack mistake and they are rust magnets.
Something has kept me hanging onto mine since high school though and I can't get rid of her. The only option is to make her fast and try to make her pretty.
I'm not a restorer, not a show buff, not a fan of chrome. I do my own work, I fab my own parts, and I drive the piss out of everything I have ever owned.

Glad I found you, moving toward body and suspension work and have some questions. I have probably ruined every invaluable part of my can that you could want, but still see a few things on your wanted lists that I have laying around. I'll shoot some photos and let you guys know what I have.

Here are some random photos and vids of my ride. The questions will start rolling in soon. If you guys need any motor/drivetrain advice, that's where I excel.

jonny o - now with video! L_fc5699f4a166872e1d6daf238a18d4c9
Making the old Flowtechs fit the new angled plug heads. I have all the header info there is, and finally found the perfect set of longtube Huslers for a 450hp smallblock if you guys need it.

jonny o - now with video! IMG_0668
My girl pretending to have fun while I'm working on something, and a sneak peak of the motorvation.

jonny o - now with video! Dsc_0026-1
Keep your counsel, I like mine better... and I can still screw in the front seat.

jonny o - now with video! L_ab14e0aaa31c36b5a74717acc8d0fe6a

jonny o - now with video! IMG_0315

jonny o - now with video! DSC_0173
When the prized double-hump crossmembers still aren't enough clearance... make your own. Still needs some gussets, but it's designed to let the trans drop without taking the whole thing out.

jonny o - now with video! IMG_0664
Do you guys know how much that battery tray and hold weigh? Ridiculous...

jonny o - now with video! IMG_0330
Radial racing on a cold day? Big burnouts.

EDIT: Some goon named Goon fiddled around and figured out how to let me post vids, so here you go!

This guy finally took me down, but I should not have been able to keep up with him on street radials.

Playing with new exhaust sounds on the street.

Last edited by jonny o on Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

jonny o
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

jonny o - now with video! Empty Re: jonny o - now with video!

Post by coreys73chevelle Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:57 pm

welcome to the site, nice Bu, cool console too.
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydro King Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:12 pm

Love the caution sign bro!!
Hydro King
Hydro King
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:17 pm

Welcome to G3GM

jonny o - now with video! SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by yogreasygramma Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:39 am

Hey Jonny! Nice ride you got there, and great attitude!
yogreasygramma
yogreasygramma
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:42 am

wow johhny o my..............LOL i love that console.......and battery tray made out of same sign LMAO thats kewl JOHNNY O ...i like your ride brother and to insert a vid you hit the lil vid clip thing looks like a roll of 35mm film and then insert it

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by jonny o Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:52 pm

Alright gang... got Goony to mess with a few things to let me post html, now there are vids up there. If you see a bunch of junk type, you have to change a preference to view them. Click the "USER PROFILE" button at the top, then go to the "PREFERENCES" tab and click "ALWAYS ALLOW HTML."

Thanks for the kind words... I just build 'em how I see 'em. Some call me a traditionalist, some call me a rat rodder. I just use whatever I have to go faster. It's not the fact that I use a road sign, it's that it's lighter aluminum than I want to pay for. And for the record it was legally obtained... really.

Stop lying and saying she's pretty... she's not. The only way she's pretty is in the way your x-girlfriend is pretty. She's put on a lot of weight, but you still want to flog the whoa nelly out of her.

jonny o
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum