G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just fired up my first small block build

3 posters

Go down

Just fired up my first small block build Empty Just fired up my first small block build

Post by BlackChevelleSS Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:00 am

We finally got the thing together in the car and it blew smoke.

Its my first small block complete build ever. (Ive built tons of big blocks and other foreign motors, weird huh?)
Its a 388ci
Probe Forged Flat Tops
Eagle 5.7 Forged I Beams with ARP Cap screw 3/8" bolts
Scat Crank
Comp Hydraulic Roller xtreme energy cam. .550 Lift (cant remember all specs)
General Kinetics (lunati) Roller Rockers
EQ performance Heads with 2.06 1.6 Stainless undercut valves and AWESOME flow numbers
Edlebrock performer RPM Air Gap intake
Holley 780DP
MSD Pro billet and 6AL
Has about 10.5:1 compression
and no porting or gasket matching was done.

This little motor is nasty, sounds good.
Dropped it in a friends 89 Camaro (had the wee oh 5) with a 700r4 and stock 2.23 posi rear
No converter as of yet. you put the thing in gear and its all you got to keep it from moving on the brakes.

other than the shorty headers and the single 2.5" exhaust its pretty mean. Im proud that this thing is alive im ready to see that rear end go BOOM!

Just fired up my first small block build SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Just fired up my first small block build Empty Re: Just fired up my first small block build

Post by Limey SE Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:09 am

bout time you realized you can get good power from a small block as I become a hypocrite and waiting for my 455 to be delivered this weekend I hope he says anyways ( tired of looking at this sled already )

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Just fired up my first small block build Empty Re: Just fired up my first small block build

Post by The Dude Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:42 am

Welcome to the dark side. Twisted Evil Just remember that nasty small blocks = mediocre big blocks....... as I too sit here being a hypocrite getting ready to hopefully fire up my small block this weekend.

Post up the specs on those heads, I'm curious. Those are from Weingartner Racing aren't they?
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:45 am

WTF you guys go small whilest all the time you are telling me to go BIG block LMAO

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:12 am

It was cheaper for me at the moment to go with the 350. Don't worry, this motor is either gonna end up in the 73 or I'll sell it later on. I like grunt motors & there's only one way to go on that one.... BIG STROKE GoFast
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:17 pm

We made the 383 as big as possible with a 350 block he already had. and have you ever tried to fit a big block in a third gen camaro? Not easy and not fun, hell trying to get this sb in there wasnt fun and it has shorty headers. Im still a big block guy at heart and always will be. damn those small blocks and their short $40 dollar accel spark plugs!

The heads are from weihngharblahblah racing they are the cast iron EQ Performance angle plug heads he set them up with the valves and springs for the cam, im guessing it was $700-$800 for them with Manley stainless undercut valves, pushrod guides, and 7/16" screw in studs.

Just fired up my first small block build SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down