G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey I'm new, From Dallas '77 Malibu

+8
Malicruiser
Laguna Budman
The Dude
74MonteCarlo
JB2wheeler
Famstyle
Roadcaptain S3
Limey SE
12 posters

Go down

Hey I'm new, From Dallas '77 Malibu Empty Hey I'm new, From Dallas '77 Malibu

Post by consti2tion Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:55 pm

Here are some crappy cell phone pictures. I picked it up for a great price of 800 dollars. It's been off the road for 2 years and I still drove it about 50 miles home with no problems. Has a 305/350. Has one small spot of rust on the passenger side below the back window, where the vinyl top used to be. It has the 76 nose on it obviously. Overall it is a great car for 800.

Hey I'm new, From Dallas '77 Malibu Photo310

Hey I'm new, From Dallas '77 Malibu Photo410

Hey I'm new, From Dallas '77 Malibu Photo211

consti2tion
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Hey I'm new, From Dallas '77 Malibu Empty Re: Hey I'm new, From Dallas '77 Malibu

Post by Limey SE Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:11 am

Very nice brother I like the Laguna front on there as well

and Welcome aboard my friend

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Hey I'm new, From Dallas '77 Malibu Empty Re: Hey I'm new, From Dallas '77 Malibu

Post by consti2tion Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:17 am

Thank you, Limey. Smile

I'm already starting to piece together a 350 for it. I'm gonna do the usual hot rod thing to it.

My name is Cw, forgot to mention that. I'm 24 and I've been working on cars since I was about 15. I've had 5 5.0 Fox Body Mustangs, a '71 Cheyenne, 2 240SX's, 1 '84 Camaro, 1 '85 Monte Carlo SS, '82 Chevrolet C10, '86 AE86 Corolla, '96 F150 and a '57 Chevy 210 Post, and a couple sport bikes. And I daily drive a lowered Chevy Colorado.

Hey I'm new, From Dallas '77 Malibu Colora10

consti2tion
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:20 am

too bad you didnt join a few weeks ago I just sold everything you would have needed for the 350

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by consti2tion Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:21 am

That's too bad.. :\

Luckily my brother is big into dirt track racing so he comes across a lot of parts regularly. I already have a set of Vortec heads, going junk yard hunting this weekend for a 4 bolt main.

consti2tion
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:26 am

I do still have fresh vortec's here with the NIB manifold and I do have a freshly rebuilt 4 bolt main

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by consti2tion Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:33 am

What kind of prices are you looking for?

consti2tion
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:02 am

consti2tion wrote: And I daily drive a lowered Chevy Colorado.

Welcome to the board! That's a nice 77 you have there, as well as the truck! I drive the same model of Colorado, only mine's at the stock ride height, and it's Victory Red. Cool
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:18 am

Hey, good score for 800 bucks. great potential there.
Welcome.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Famstyle Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:35 am

welcome Dallas! Nice ride!
Famstyle
Famstyle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:39 am

Welcome Cw, you really lucked out on that Chevelle. Take good care of her, they are becoming very rare. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:40 am

Welcome! Sweet Malibu! Very Happy

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:30 am

Welcome to the forum!

Looks like you got a good score. BTW, those are 76 tails too. From the looks of your daily driver & your nice resume of previous vehicles, I'm looking forward to seeing how this one turns out!
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Laguna Budman Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:53 pm

Welcome to the site, good lookin car. Keep us posted on the progress.
Laguna Budman
Laguna Budman
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:08 am

Sweet Chevelle, especially for 800 bucks! Just more proof that the best place to find any muscle car is in Texas or Arizona. Nice to have another Texas G3er on here. Most of all one that doesn't live on the other side of the state. Hey I'm new, From Dallas '77 Malibu What_m10
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by consti2tion Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:12 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys!

I can't wait to start digging into it. We'll have to meet up sometime Malicruiser after I get the car going where i want it to be.

IndyG3 is your Coly a ZQ8 as well?

Thanks Rago, I thought they were 76 tails.

consti2tion
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:25 pm

Yep. It's a red '05 model with all the ZQ8 parts. Asides from leather seats mine fully loaded. It's been a nice little truck so far, but I'm looking at doing some engine tuning this summer for it.
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by cromags76 BANNED Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:42 pm

wow nice you had the landau top and all you have is like one rust spot, man i wish i lived on the other side of the US GoFast

cromags76 BANNED
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : -6

Back to top Go down

Post by consti2tion Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:42 pm

My truck has most of the necessities, no onstar, xm, or sunroof. Are you on any colorado forums?

Yeah it's a very small hole of rust, can't even fit my pinky in it. Haha

consti2tion
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by cromags76 BANNED Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:31 pm

haha nice well welcome to the forum

cromags76 BANNED
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : -6

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:36 am

consti2tion wrote:1 '85 Monte Carlo SS

*raises eyebrow*

Have any pics of this one, by chance???

WELCOME!!!!

Cort | 36.m.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker
MCs.Caprice | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RTs.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Count your blessings now 'fore they're long gone" ... Pink ... 'Who Knew'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:18 am

consti2tion wrote:My truck has most of the necessities, no onstar, xm, or sunroof. Are you on any colorado forums?

No, I'm not. I've seen a couple, but I just haven't been motivated to start posting on them. At this point, my truck's not really all that special...mostly a "get from point A to point B in one piece" kind of truck. If anything, I'm gonna figure out how to flash the engine computer to get rid of the Torque Management Control stuff, or whatever it's called, and leave the truck how it is.
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by consti2tion Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:39 pm

Knightfan, Unfortunately I do not have any pictures, I had that car about 5 years ago. It had a very clean body, but the previous owner had painted it a Turquoise color with black trim.

Indy, That's what I intended to do with mine when I first got it, then I put a Flowmaster on it, then stereo system, now it's lowered ha. I bought the Malibu so I'd leave my truck alone though. Smile

consti2tion
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Thu May 13, 2010 9:28 pm

consti2tion wrote:Knightfan, Unfortunately I do not have any pictures, I had that car about 5 years ago. It had a very clean body, but the previous owner had painted it a Turquoise color with black trim.

Ahh....no worries. I just like seeing pictures whenever available Wink.

Sounds like an interesting color choice.....

Cort | 36.m.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker * NoreastrTrekRT=Aug2010 *
MCs.Caprice | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RTs.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Don't get me wrong" ... Billy Joel ... 'My Life'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down