G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STUPID QUESTIONS NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ!

5 posters

Go down

STUPID QUESTIONS NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ! Empty STUPID QUESTIONS NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ!

Post by coreys73chevelle Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:44 pm

I just wanted to say there are NOT any stupid questions. this site is so we can get as much info as possible. if you dont ask a question becasue you think its a stupid question then you will NEVER know the answer.
There is nobody here that was born knowing what they know, just like at one point i KNEW chevelles ended in 1972. so even if you dont know how to change a tire and need help let us know we will be glad to help!
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

STUPID QUESTIONS NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ! Empty Re: STUPID QUESTIONS NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ!

Post by 74MonteCarlo Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:55 pm

Couldn't have said it better myself buddy...

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

STUPID QUESTIONS NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ! Empty Re: STUPID QUESTIONS NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ!

Post by The Dude Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:31 am

I agree. If there's something that I don't know or get wrong this is the first place I ask. I might know a lot of information from all of the schooling & such, but I still get stuff wrong every now & then.

I'd also like to extend this as a welcome to any & all of the "lurkers" that pop in here for some information or just to check out the rides. Beer
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:20 pm

haha i used to think the engine "size" meant thats how much horsepower the engine had...like a 305 would have 305 horsepower. i also didnt know that externally all small blocks looked the same..or all big blocks look the same, etc.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:56 pm

TWBouska wrote:......i also didnt know that externally all small blocks looked the same..or all big blocks look the same, etc.

I got a buddy... supposed Chevy guy.... with a decent SBC powered 68 Firebird that still thinks a 283 is dimensionally smaller than other small blocks. Head Bang Tried arguing that a 350 wouldn't fit in his S10, but a 283 would slip right in......
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Vader Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:41 am

I agree but with one caveat, search is your friend.

Not a slight, but this site does not see the action some other do I belong to.

I answered the same question 14 times on other boards and finally started posting link to the exact question.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Wink
Lord Vader
Lord Vader
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:09 am

I know what you mean Vader. Even with the limited traffic on this board, I have still had to link to other threads though..... The most recent examples are the bumper question & RPO codes usually get linked to a lot.

My favorite one though...... telling people over & over the same Oldsmobile misconceptions. I finally made a thread & had to quote myself in the same thread to answer a question, LoL! Our search button does work, but without new people asking questions, it becomes more of an Ebay & Craigslist posting forum filled in with some general BS & a project here or there. Most everything has already been answered which is surprising considering the site is fairly new.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down