G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
maliburacinfreak
JB2wheeler
Roadcaptain S3
badbiscayne66
74Malibu383
The Dude
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

newbie Empty newbie

Post by laguna454/4spd Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:06 pm

hi i am tom mason from ky i have been looking for 2 cars i used to own one is a 1969 buick gs 400 4spd no air i found it in fl but the car has lost its matching # so i passed the other was a 1974 laguna 454/4spd air i found it here in ky just about 20 miles from where i live now i followed the trial it s had a few owners was bought here in ky new a fellow work at GE plant in louisville then valtas hockenberry"a good friend"bought it from him he aslo worked at GE plant then a good friend of mine Keith bunch bought it from valtas and also bought my old car which was a 74 laguna 400/auto so Keith held the cars for a few years i just bought a new house and needed time to recover well Joe childress bought the laguna 454.4spd car form Keith then after a few more years Keith was killed in a motor cycle accident and i lost track of the car but i was asking local body shops in my area if they knew of a laguna that for sale and one said yeah right down the street and form then on life got a little better i keep in touch with the man and as of june of 2010 i bought the car paid way to much for the car but the car i was always meant to be mine i used to borrow this car from valtas and drive up & down preston hwy looking to run any body that showed and interest lol these where the good ole days way back when in my 20,s care free almost make a long story short i own the car now after so many years it was always meant to be i think my buddy Keith had some ting to do with all of this i miss you buddy hold a place for me i wont be that long

Last edited by laguna454/4spd on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : opps)
laguna454/4spd
laguna454/4spd
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

newbie Empty Re: newbie

Post by 77malibu77 Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:22 pm

WELCOME! glad you got one of your babys back where is leitchfield?? my dad just built a house near peducah, ky and he was born and raised in dawson springs ive been up there a bunch of times nothing like cruising on them old backroads
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:38 pm

Leitchfield is in SouthCentral KY, on I-65 (I should say on 31W) not far from Bowling Green. I used to pass thru there going to Beech Bend Park back in the 1960s when I used to drag race all the time. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:41 pm

alright i know where thats at

dawson springs and peducah is all the way on the west side of KY on that little point
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:42 pm

77malibu77 wrote:WELCOME! glad you got one of your babys back where is leitchfield?? my dad just built a house near peducah, ky and he was born and raised in dawson springs ive been up there a bunch of times nothing like cruising on them old backroads

Spent 30 seconds on MapQuest for you..... About 150 miles apart..... It's spelled "Paducah"

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Leitchfield&1s=KY&1y=US&1l=37.48&1g=-86.2939&1v=CITY&2c=Paducah&2s=KY&2y=US&2l=37.083302&2g=-88.599998&2v=CITY
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:44 pm

lol theres like a flea market in hopkinsville if youve ever been there, my grandparents on my dads side work there =]
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by laguna454/4spd Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:56 pm

JB2wheeler wrote:Leitchfield is in SouthCentral KY, on I-65 (I should say on 31W) not far from Bowling Green. I used to pass thru there going to Beech Bend Park back in the 1960s when I used to drag race all the time. JB
hey there JB your almost a local to me i grew up in lou, used to run the streets on preston hwy way back when i relocated to the lake here nolin lake nice a quite here no more traffic jam,s ----Smile i get to lou, about once a month now visit old friends there and go out to eat and have a beer its dry here and much to choose from to eat
laguna454/4spd
laguna454/4spd
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:20 pm

Welcome to another Bluegrass boy!
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:39 pm

laguna454/4spd wrote:
JB2wheeler wrote:Leitchfield is in SouthCentral KY, on I-65 (I should say on 31W) not far from Bowling Green. I used to pass thru there going to Beech Bend Park back in the 1960s when I used to drag race all the time. JB
hey there JB your almost a local to me i grew up in lou, used to run the streets on preston hwy way back when i relocated to the lake here nolin lake nice a quite here no more traffic jam,s ----Smile i get to lou, about once a month now visit old friends there and go out to eat and have a beer its dry here and much to choose from to eat
I have lived in the Taylor Blvd area for most of my life. Dont get out much anymore. I say its because of old age, my daughter says its because I am lazy. Preston Highway is still a viable hot rodding area, all the way out to Bullit County. Probably the hottest area of the city. Of course if you like cars with sewing machine engines in them, go to the east end. Hey Road Captian, there are exceptions, LOL. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:54 pm

hey i passed through on the move here to bristol lol
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:08 pm

JB2wheeler wrote:
laguna454/4spd wrote:
I have lived in the Taylor Blvd area for most of my life. Dont get out much anymore. I say its because of old age, my daughter says its because I am lazy. Preston Highway is still a viable hot rodding area, all the way out to Bullit County. Probably the hottest area of the city. Of course if you like cars with sewing machine engines in them, go to the east end. Hey Road Captian, there are exceptions, LOL. JB

Thumbs up
Can't argue JB, lots of ricers out this way, but a few V8s still hanging in there!
My Parents and in-laws are from that area, dad grew up on Larchmont, mom on Sale and my in-laws on Homeview. Still have friends out that way. I hung out with Scott Toohey and his Dad (Bud) at the old shop on Central some. my grandad owned the old drugstore there at Taylor and Berry, Garden Acres Pharmacy. I grew up off of New Cut around the park, so my heart is still out South end way!!
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:51 pm

Thats my old stomping grounds when I was in my middle teens. I wish I had a nickel for every time I drank a cherry Coke in Garden Acres. That was in the middle 1950s. My best buddy lived on Sale on the East side of Taylor and I went to the Methodist church on Clara. I live on the West side of Taylor across from Wyndotte Park about 6 blocks back. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by laguna454/4spd Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:00 pm

that was the good ole days boys me and some friends are going to a run up befor this year is up billy wallace lindel hack mark vincent bryan kelty brain mair some still there old rides come out and join us we are thinking about cursing preston hwy towards bullit co, maybe stop here and there for a drink not much on the drink in jefferson co, ill post more when i find out more about it
laguna454/4spd
laguna454/4spd
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:36 pm

I live in paducah WOOOOHOOO
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

newbie Empty ky blue

Post by laguna454/4spd Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:33 pm

badbiscayne66 wrote:I live in paducah WOOOOHOOO
ky blue --------Smile
laguna454/4spd
laguna454/4spd
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:37 am

laguna454/4spd wrote:
ky blue --------Smile

Hold on there Buckaroo, we ain't all blue.

newbie Cards_10

Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

newbie Empty all

Post by laguna454/4spd Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:59 am

Roadcaptain S3 wrote:
laguna454/4spd wrote:
ky blue --------Smile

Hold on there Buckaroo, we ain't all blue. ohh thats right there that other side to the story ---------Smile

newbie Cards_10

bounce bounce Basketball
laguna454/4spd
laguna454/4spd
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:09 am

Shoot. The only thing I know of to come out of Kentucky is this:

newbie News040212kfc2
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

newbie Empty that aint all

Post by laguna454/4spd Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:16 am

Rago wrote:Shoot. The only thing I know of to come out of Kentucky is this:

newbie News040212kfc2
there is this e > Home and Garden > Spirits and Beers > Jim Beam Black Label Bourbon
Jim Beam Black Label Bourbon lol
laguna454/4spd
laguna454/4spd
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:16 am

newbie Judd_310[/
url]

[url=https://servimg.com/view/14015747/78]newbie Makers10[/
url]

[url=https://servimg.com/view/14015747/79]newbie Horse_10
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:18 am

newbie Corvet10
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:31 am

Explorers are built here along with Camry, Furd Super Duty, Vette down in Bowling Green.
great college sports, Louisville Slugger, Fort Knox, Red River Gorge, Moonshine you wouldn't believe, Hillbillies (including Hannah Montanas Daddy-HAHA), Loretta Lynn, Louis Brandeis,( Supreme Court Chief Justice back in the Day) Abraham Lincoln born in Hodgenvlle, Jefferson Davis born in Lexington., Henry Clay, Daniel Boone founded Boonesboro, Big Civil war battlefield at Perryville, Tons of Lakes and parks, Best Marksman and shrpshooters in the world,

I could go on, but my fingers hurt.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

newbie Empty ohh baby

Post by laguna454/4spd Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:33 am

Roadcaptain S3 wrote:newbie Judd_310[/
url]

[url=https://servimg.com/view/14015747/78]newbie Makers10[/
url]

[url=https://servimg.com/view/14015747/79]newbie Horse_10
OHHH BABY ITS GETTING GOOD NOW !!!!!!!
laguna454/4spd
laguna454/4spd
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:45 am

LMAO! Damn RC, you really took offense to that remark huh?

I wouldn't be bragging about Maker's Mark though. Barf
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:48 am

Nah, no offense, just braggin' on the home state a little.

I love it here.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next