G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realized i hadnt introduced myself yet..... 1973 El Camino

+5
BlackChevelleSS
HDHugger
77malibu77
Marshall.Pixley
Roadcaptain S3
9 posters

Go down

Realized i hadnt introduced myself yet..... 1973 El Camino Empty Realized i hadnt introduced myself yet..... 1973 El Camino

Post by Marshall.Pixley Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:34 pm

so yeah, i have a 1973 El Camino, love the looks, love the style. hate the lack of parts... im 17 and this is my first car. had it for a year now, i bought it with my own money and am very proud of it. i was refered to this site by 74chick from el camino central. hope to be come active here!
Marshall.Pixley
Marshall.Pixley
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Realized i hadnt introduced myself yet..... 1973 El Camino Empty Re: Realized i hadnt introduced myself yet..... 1973 El Camino

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:50 pm

Welcome.
Nice ride, more pics would be appreciated by all.

We are pic pigs.

We can probably help with parts you need.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Realized i hadnt introduced myself yet..... 1973 El Camino Empty Re: Realized i hadnt introduced myself yet..... 1973 El Camino

Post by Marshall.Pixley Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:55 pm

lol, ok man, you guys are like ecc i see.... thank goodness!
Marshall.Pixley
Marshall.Pixley
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:17 pm

Marshall.Pixley wrote:lol, ok man, you guys are like ecc i see.... thank goodness!

no were better Razz Razz
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:29 pm

Welcome Marshall. You have a very nice machine there, judging by your avatar. Finding parts for our cars is a pain, but you will be surprised what can be dug up. You also will enjoy a site called www.chevytalk.org They are almost as good a site as this one. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by HDHugger Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:33 pm

Nice car! I like the black on red!

HDHugger
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:45 pm

Welcome to G3GM and nice car er truck get some pics posted!

Realized i hadnt introduced myself yet..... 1973 El Camino SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:47 am

Welcome to the forum. Hope we can help out in any parts needs that you have. Feel free to check in some of the tech forum stickies if you get lost because there are dozens of parts suppliers out there for 73-77 Elkys nowadays. Ten years ago when a prime example was worth $1,000 you couldn't find anything. Now that the values are on a steady increase, vendors have started poking out of the woodwork. Very Happy

FWIW....... CT has some merit, but the good information, freedom of speech, freedom of car related sales & trade, & most of the G3 members are all here anyways. JMHO after being a member on both.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:05 pm

You have to remember that is a "for profit" site and this one is not. Its still a good place for info. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:37 pm

Very true. Which is why we are able to free trade & post our opinions without making vendors angry. I do like some of the info found there, but this place is my first stop for advice & not just because I'm an Admin. If not for G3GM, I would never have ran across my current 76, never found good used tail lights, never found several good cheap parts or G3 specific vendors. All the BS aside, both places have good guys to chat with & trade stories. I visit both, but only when I'm bored.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by 74chick Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:09 pm

Hi pix. cheers
74chick
74chick
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:38 pm

Welcome! Oh, and by the way, a '73 El Camino just found it's way to one of the local salvage yards I visit. Pretty clean. See how easy it is to find help on this site?
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down