Conversion from Idiot Lights to Factory Gauges

Go down

Conversion from Idiot Lights to Factory Gauges Empty Conversion from Idiot Lights to Factory Gauges

Post by Oidar on Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:42 am

In about 1984, I did this to my 2nd '74 Laguna S-3, but I've slept since then and I'd just as soon not have to try to figger it out all over again.

I read on another forum that "The Maligoon" might have the answer.

Also, the gauges I bought came from a '77 SS Elko I found in the bone yard. Problem is, the gas gauge bezel says "Unleaded Fuel Only", and obviously I need one that just says "Fuel" to be correct for my car.

Anyone have one they wanna trade, know a source, have an idea? Idea
Oidar
Oidar
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Conversion from Idiot Lights to Factory Gauges Empty Re: Conversion from Idiot Lights to Factory Gauges

Post by Limey SE on Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:22 pm

look in the interior section its all there buddy its a sticky there......and i have one i think that say fuel not unleaded let me check
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 92

Back to top Go down

Conversion from Idiot Lights to Factory Gauges Empty Re: Conversion from Idiot Lights to Factory Gauges

Post by Oidar on Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:07 pm

Anthony, (can I call you Anthony?)

You are the man!
Oidar
Oidar
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:00 pm

YEA BUT HOW DOES A NEWBIE KNOW MY NAME ??? HMMMMMM..... MAYBE NOT SUCH A NEWBIE LMAO
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:00 pm

and what OTHER (like i dont know) forum are we talking about??
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler on Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:58 pm

I make it no secret that I use BOTH forums, along with dozens of others. I also try to not be controversial. It does not always work,LOL. JB I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN BUDDY I AM TRYING TO APPEAL TO THE MASTER AT THE OTHER PLACE AND LET ME COME BACK BUT O WELL LIVE AND LEARN AND NEVER SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE AT THE OTHER PLACE FOR ITS NOT PRIVATE
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Oidar on Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:44 pm

I just saw your name in another post.

I only took my car out of storage 6 weeks ago. It hadn't been driven for 7 - 8 years prior to that.

Everything I thought I knew about cars & mechanics is 25 years old. What little of that I actually remember is either irrelevant or outdated.

So yeah,.. I'm a real newbie.
Oidar
Oidar
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler on Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:07 pm

Oidar wrote:I just saw your name in another post.

I only took my car out of storage 6 weeks ago. It hadn't been driven for 7 - 8 years prior to that.

Everything I thought I knew about cars & mechanics is 25 years old. What little of that I actually remember is either irrelevant or outdated.

So yeah,.. I'm a real newbie.
You think YOU are a newbie, I was a drag racer in the 1960s and just got interested again after I retired. Trouble is by the time you retire your body is worn out and it needs to be retired. I am unable to do much anymore except bench race. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down