G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gas prices

+22
Limey SE
1973 454 MONTE
Mcarlo77
74MonteCarlo
pila
JB2wheeler
texan01
lars
abajc3
ant7377
IndyG3
74chick
chevy76monteman
orange Juiced
Biomedtech
bigredlaguna
Jedediah
dragons_lair59
Roadcaptain S3
Famstyle
OLD NO.7 Avalanche
1973montec
26 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

gas prices - Page 3 Empty Re: gas prices

Post by JB2wheeler Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:27 pm

Limey wrote:One ticket ?? why ?? is that because of your young age ??
No, its because he has a new garage to work out of that does not have a quart of oil poured out on the floor yet, right Kyle? JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:37 pm

Most companies that do collector car insurance won't insure your car if you have a speeding ticket. Ask me how I know...
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:09 pm

IndyG3 wrote:

Most companies that do collector car insurance won't insure your car if you have a speeding ticket. Ask me how I know...

I did not know that Hmm wow

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:17 pm

It's not permanent though. If you're like me you just have to wait FOUR YEARS from the date that you got the ticket before you can re-apply. Rolling Eyes
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by orange Juiced Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:00 pm

I don't think they can give u a ticket on the 48 since they didn't come with them. If I remember correctly anything pre 1963 doesnt require a seat belt, but no kids can ride in the car.
orange Juiced
orange Juiced
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:31 pm

i got pulled over while driving a 32 3 window furd coupe.at first it was to check out the car,than he asked where the belts were. i told him there are none. he told me that because i was by myself he would not give me a ticket scratch . i did not say or ask a word, just got back in a drove away Very Happy
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:46 pm

I'm pretty sure that now you have to have a seat belt in your car, regardless of it's age.
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:22 pm

A Hawaiian friend called me last evening, and said the gas was $4.16 there for 87 octane. Not too surprising I guess, since it's always higher there. He has a Nissan Altima, which is likely not too bad on gas.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by 74chick Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:20 am

TW if you need pics of another car with the same belts for your case, LMK.
74chick
74chick
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by abajc3 Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:47 am

Mcarlo77 wrote:That is the most bizarre and frightening idea I think I've ever heard, Andrej! Just how do you suppose the gov't would enforce such a thing...unless neighbors and friends started ratting out each other? And that, my friend, is the scary part. Always looking over your shoulder as to who might be the one to blow the whistle on some good deed you did for someone without expecting compensation. This seems like a tactic a communist minded gov't would use to gain control over it's people.

well, the law is already kinda accepted. there will be inspectors wandering around and checking everything i suppose, although i agree with you that this law will be a bit tricky to enforce. im not scared of my neighbours ratting anyone out cause its a small village and this wouldnt be good for someones social life Very Happy

ps: in US, a police officer has to have a reason to pull a car over if i understand correctly? no such thing here, regular controls are something normal. infact, ive never been pulled over for a reason, but in my 2 years of driving ive been pulled over some 4 times because of "traffic control" , not counting the times i was in the car as a passenger. they stop you, check all the equipment, perform an alcotest (we are a nation of heavy drinkers Very Happy) and then on most occasions let you off with some stupid warning ( i guess it must make them feel bigger in their pants...)

abajc3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Famstyle Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:20 am

gas prices - Page 3 18013311 affraid
Famstyle
Famstyle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Famstyle Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:46 am

bounce
Famstyle
Famstyle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:24 am

Limey wrote:One ticket ?? why ?? is that because of your young age ?

Yes.

I asked my criminal justice teacher today about the seat belt issue in my Plymouth, and it really has to do with the discretion of the officer. One officer may say "Sorry for the inconvenience, have a nice day," once I prove it has seat belts, and one officer may continue to try to find beef on me and harass me. If it ever happens, hopefully I'll get one that uses his own discretion and lets me go Smile

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:28 am

abajc3 wrote:in US, a police officer has to have a reason to pull a car over if i understand correctly?

Correct. An officer must have reasonable suspicion to pull one over.

ie, I'm diving down the expressway and am weaving. They are suspicious that I am driving drunk. The officer will pull me over to see if I have been drinking or not.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:55 am

OK. I'll clear some thing up since I have taken Law Enforcment training . Here's the laws in OK. KS is pretty much the same. Maybe some states are different, but here it is:

1. Any car manufactured prior to 1967 does not require seat belts to be used due to the fact that they weren't equipped. HOWEVER. If the vehicle in question has been equipped with seat belts whether aftermarket or factory, they must be used at all times. Kyle, this mean you can't drive around unbuckled in your Plymouth.

2. Seat belts MUST be used as designed. A lap belt is fine in the rear seat, but front passengers must use should harness. If the harness is faulty, then you can get a defective equipment ticket. Hey, at least with the DE ticket, you could have it "repaired" prior to court & only get slapped with court costs if the judge is nice.

3. Police CAN pull you over on suspicion. It's a prick thing to do, but they can do it. If anyone out there says their state doesn't allow it, then they can pull you over for swerving, no tag light, high beaming people, excessive noise, window tint, & other BS reasons. Remember that getting pulled over is up to the officer's discretion.

Oh yeah, gas is sticking around $3.29 - $3.49 depending on which state I'm in. No major changes over the weekend.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:03 am

Some other BS laws. I've personally got the "screeching tires" ticket. They actually can double fine you for it under "excessive acceleration" and "reckless driving". $460 later......

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/1792/weird-traffic-laws/
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:17 am

Rago wrote:OK. I'll clear some thing up since I have taken Law Enforcment training . Here's the laws in OK. KS is pretty much the same. Maybe some states are different, but here it is:

1. Any car manufactured prior to 1967 does not require seat belts to be used due to the fact that they weren't equipped. HOWEVER. If the vehicle in question has been equipped with seat belts whether aftermarket or factory, they must be used at all times. Kyle, this mean you can't drive around unbuckled in your Plymouth.

2. Seat belts MUST be used as designed. A lap belt is fine in the rear seat, but front passengers must use should harness. If the harness is faulty, then you can get a defective equipment ticket. Hey, at least with the DE ticket, you could have it "repaired" prior to court & only get slapped with court costs if the judge is nice.

3. Police CAN pull you over on suspicion. It's a prick thing to do, but they can do it. If anyone out there says their state doesn't allow it, then they can pull you over for swerving, no tag light, high beaming people, excessive noise, window tint, & other BS reasons. Remember that getting pulled over is up to the officer's discretion.

Oh yeah, gas is sticking around $3.29 - $3.49 depending on which state I'm in. No major changes over the weekend.

I never drive it without them on. However, in the whole car, front and back, there are only lap belts.
Even if I wanted to, there is no where for a shoulder harness to anchor to. I would have to put a bolt though the roof...lol

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:43 am

Rago wrote:Some other BS laws. I've personally got the "screeching tires" ticket. They actually can double fine you for it under "excessive acceleration" and "reckless driving". $460 later......

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/1792/weird-traffic-laws/

Why are those "BS" laws?

Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:37 am

None of my cars have the power to screech the tires.
I don't have anything to worry about there Wink

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:49 am

Roadcaptain S3 wrote:
Rago wrote:Some other BS laws. I've personally got the "screeching tires" ticket. They actually can double fine you for it under "excessive acceleration" and "reckless driving". $460 later......

Why are those "BS" laws?

Most of them make sense, however the muddy tires, rollerskating, or trash in vehicle laws could be exaggerated very easily. Then again, a dog pissing on a tire might be considered "molesting" a car. Like I said before though, the tire screeching charge gets abused quite a bit. They can & will use that to get you even if it's very minor such as pulling out onto a road on ice & sliding or accidentally spinning your tires on loose gravel. I have seen it done. It's still considered over-accelerating.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:08 pm

Couple years back a Deputy Sheriff stopped me because my tires squalled a bit when leaving a stop sign, into heavy traffic. He called it an "unsafe start" , but didn't write a ticket for it. I think that was mostly because I'm an old geezer. Very Happy

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:41 pm

Okay, I have to say this...overzealous cops aren't doing themselves any favors regarding public relations with citizens when they are out being heavy-handed with some of these "infractions". I understand making stops to check for outstanding warrants and such...but, perhaps being a little more public service oriented by issuing a stern "warning" would be a nice gesture. In Minnesota, I don't hear of too many classic car drivers complaining of harassment. I like to think the cops enjoy seeing the older cars on the road during the summer as much as us guys like driving them.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:30 pm

I know a certian retired police cheif that used to drag race on the main drag thru town when he was a teen ager. I am sure he has some kind of cool car today. Have not seen him in many years. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:12 pm

in iowa if they dont think you have a seat belt on they can and some do light you up, cracked tail light emminating smallest amout of white light, i got pulled over for hole in exhaust while oprn headered bike 2 riceers with headers straight pipes to a fart can tip and an old truck dragging his exhaust but i was the noise violation go figure
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedediah Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:03 pm

I got stuck in an intersection and the light change on me and i got a ticket. Went to court to fight it and the cop lied out right in court. Lost my respect for em. The judge ruled against me because of the accident i was in in 2008. Backed into my brothers car said i must make poor decisions driving. Wish I had gotten a lawyer. Cop said my car was blue when its green....
They make it so you cant fight a ticket even when a cop makes a mistake. They act like they arent human too we all make mistakes.
Jedediah
Jedediah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next