G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

move the filler hole to side of car ???

4 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Go down

move the filler hole to side of car ??? Empty move the filler hole to side of car ???

Post by Limey SE Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:21 pm

can this be done with out destroying the quarter panel.... i wanna have a 22 gallon el camino tank put in for longer cruise time, and also to get the filler hole to the drivers side of car. and will be a flush mounted billet system i have located................... move the filler hole to side of car ??? 30_wal10

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

move the filler hole to side of car ??? Empty Re: move the filler hole to side of car ???

Post by coreys73chevelle Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:39 pm

yes it can be done, personally i like it behind the tailgate it clean up the look, but i know it is possible
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

move the filler hole to side of car ??? Empty Re: move the filler hole to side of car ???

Post by Limey SE Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:11 pm

well i want a look no one in my area has done i seen it at a vegas car show on a 72 .......loved the look of it.............. i like the billet gas door look

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:59 pm

doesnt your car have a 22 gallon tank?

move the filler hole to side of car ??? SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:42 pm

no its only 19 gallon

Last edited by THE MALIGOON on Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:22 am

california car?

move the filler hole to side of car ??? SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:29 pm

I DONT KNOW WHERE ITS FROM BUT THE DIMENSIONS ON THIS TANK MATCH THE NEW 19 GALLON REPLACEMENT TANKS THAT BOTH NPD AND ORIGINAL PARTS GROUP SELL

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:03 pm

hey goon whats your vin # this is what my book says.
SEE VIN SYMBOL 7 FOR LOCATION

1974 chevelles ALL MODELS id numbers

1st symbol is chevrolet = 1

2nd symbol is series =C for malibu/ D for malibu classic/ E for laguna and type s3 and/ G for malibu classic estate.

the 3rd and 4th symbols are for body style- 29= four door pillar hardtop sedan/ 37= two door pillared hardtop coupe/ and 35= four door station wagon

the 5th vin symbol indicates engine- D= 250ci (100hp) inline six/ H= 350ci (145hp)/ L=350ci (160hp)/ R= 400ci (180hp)/ U= 400ci (180hp) also, and/ Y= 454ci (235hp)

6th symbol is model year so 1974= 4

7th symbol is for ASSEMBLY PLANT location- B= baltimore in Maryland/D= Doraville in georgia/ K= Leeds in Missouri, Z= Freemont in California/ R= Arlington in Texas and/ 1= Oshawa in Canada

the last 6 or 8 to 13 are sequential unit production number
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:26 pm

I ALLREADY DECODED IT......... JUST DONT REMEMBER WHERE IT WAS BUILT .........LOOKED AT TITLE WAS BUILT IN GOOD OLD MISSOURI

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by jonny o Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:36 pm

Couple different ways to do it. Some companies make rubber components MADE FOR FUEL. That makes it easy to adjust and clamp in place.

Have also seen custom welded tubes made to reroute.

DO NOT WELD ON A GAS TANK NO MATTER HOW LONG IT'S BEEN EMPTY AND OPEN UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. It's very easy to kill yourself even if you don't smell gas. Get a professional to do it. It will include, at least, filling the tank with water while you are working on it.

jonny o
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down