G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If our cars could tell us its story..........

+8
dynchel
ant7377
JB2wheeler
lars
1973 Buick Century
McCauley5983
texan01
HDHugger
12 posters

Go down

If our cars could tell us its story.......... Empty If our cars could tell us its story..........

Post by 1973 Buick Century Wed May 25, 2011 6:10 pm

I wonder what they would have to say? Memories of a 1974 Malibu wagon and two nurses going to Canada.

http://robinlivingstonasliceoflife.blogspot.com/2010/07/el-bevy-chevy.html
1973 Buick Century
1973 Buick Century
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

If our cars could tell us its story.......... Empty Re: If our cars could tell us its story..........

Post by HDHugger Thu May 26, 2011 10:16 pm

Mine would have said, "Great life, the first one damn near totals me on a bridge, fixes me up, rams me into a deer, fixes me again, then drives me into a river. Then she sells me to her daughter who takes me to Milwaukee, puts her drunk hands all over me, and can't change my fluids. If that isn't bad enough, she sells me to HER daughter, who thinks she's in Hazzard County, and can't stop trying to get me airbourn or bottom me out, then lets her idiot boyfriend take me out so we can try and outrun the cops. I have served my time. Now let me rest in peace."

HDHugger
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

If our cars could tell us its story.......... Empty Re: If our cars could tell us its story..........

Post by texan01 Fri May 27, 2011 10:07 am

My '76 story is thus;
I was bought by a youngish couple who had one child and another on the way. Life was good, I shared a spacious driveway with a '69 Malibu sport coupe, tree shaded and driven by the lady of the house. Well it turns out the forsight of buying a 4 door was the lady had twins, so then there were 5 of them. My first trip was to a little town called Lolita near the coast of Texas. We spent many days travelling the state of Texas, going to Houston to visit relatives. We also spent a few weeks travelling the country, touring the Blue Ridge Parkway, Smokey Mountains, Civil war battle fields. I even made an international trip to Canada, but by then I was getting too small for the 5 of them.

My buddy the '69 went away and suffered a sad fate at the hands of a relative. I did gain a new friend an '84 Olds Delta 88, and the man of the house took to driving me to the bus station. After 8 years of bus station duty, the little boy I took home from the hospital started tinkering with me and suddenly had the keys, and was driving me! We spent 8 years terrorizing the back roads of N. Texas, and going to high school and college. Sadly time had caught up by the time I was 24 and I went on to bigger things and providing parts for other people. My spirit lives in the 1977 Malibu classic that the little boy has bought to relive those great memories. It was hard to let go but in the end, it was time.

My '77; I was bought by an older couple and ran to the store and church for 30 years, never straying far from home. They passed away and I passed to a little car lot, then a man bought me that had no clue how to repair me, and ran me into little more than scrap metal. Then a man bought me that replaced my transmission, tuned up my tired engine, and since I've been happy as a clam running all over the place again, I really enjoy the road trips that we take! This story continues....

texan01
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by McCauley5983 Sat May 28, 2011 11:32 pm

HDHugger wrote:Mine would have said, "Great life, the first one damn near totals me on a bridge, fixes me up, rams me into a deer, fixes me again, then drives me into a river. Then she sells me to her daughter who takes me to Milwaukee, puts her drunk hands all over me, and can't change my fluids. If that isn't bad enough, she sells me to HER daughter, who thinks she's in Hazzard County, and can't stop trying to get me airbourn or bottom me out, then lets her idiot boyfriend take me out so we can try and outrun the cops. I have served my time. Now let me rest in peace."

probably along the lines of this but at the end headed to junkyard then saved by me and is back on the road still running and getting ready for a well deserved new motor Surprised
McCauley5983
McCauley5983
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 Buick Century Sun May 29, 2011 3:37 am

HDHugger wrote:Mine would have said, "Great life, the first one damn near totals me on a bridge, fixes me up, rams me into a deer, fixes me again, then drives me into a river. Then she sells me to her daughter who takes me to Milwaukee, puts her drunk hands all over me, and can't change my fluids. If that isn't bad enough, she sells me to HER daughter, who thinks she's in Hazzard County, and can't stop trying to get me airbourn or bottom me out, then lets her idiot boyfriend take me out so we can try and outrun the cops. I have served my time. Now let me rest in peace."

HA HA HA, sounds like my '77 LTD Country Squire. "So this college kid walks up to me in 2005. Hes a piss ant, mid 20s maybe. Buys me since my dumb owner can't figure out why I don't run. This kid figured out in 10 min it was a fuel pump. He gets me going, cleans me up, adds new wood sides, and all this work............then a deer walks right out in front of me a month later. He saved my life from going to China.....so I saved his life.............."
1973 Buick Century
1973 Buick Century
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 Buick Century Sun May 29, 2011 3:39 am

texan01 wrote:My '76 story is thus;
I was bought by a youngish couple who had one child and another on the way. Life was good, I shared a spacious driveway with a '69 Malibu sport coupe, tree shaded and driven by the lady of the house. Well it turns out the forsight of buying a 4 door was the lady had twins, so then there were 5 of them. My first trip was to a little town called Lolita near the coast of Texas. We spent many days travelling the state of Texas, going to Houston to visit relatives. We also spent a few weeks travelling the country, touring the Blue Ridge Parkway, Smokey Mountains, Civil war battle fields. I even made an international trip to Canada, but by then I was getting too small for the 5 of them.

My buddy the '69 went away and suffered a sad fate at the hands of a relative. I did gain a new friend an '84 Olds Delta 88, and the man of the house took to driving me to the bus station. After 8 years of bus station duty, the little boy I took home from the hospital started tinkering with me and suddenly had the keys, and was driving me! We spent 8 years terrorizing the back roads of N. Texas, and going to high school and college. Sadly time had caught up by the time I was 24 and I went on to bigger things and providing parts for other people. My spirit lives in the 1977 Malibu classic that the little boy has bought to relive those great memories. It was hard to let go but in the end, it was time.

My '77; I was bought by an older couple and ran to the store and church for 30 years, never straying far from home. They passed away and I passed to a little car lot, then a man bought me that had no clue how to repair me, and ran me into little more than scrap metal. Then a man bought me that replaced my transmission, tuned up my tired engine, and since I've been happy as a clam running all over the place again, I really enjoy the road trips that we take! This story continues....

Love it!
1973 Buick Century
1973 Buick Century
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 Buick Century Sun May 29, 2011 3:44 am

billy-ray wrote:

probably along the lines of this but at the end headed to junkyard then saved by me and is back on the road still running and getting ready for a well deserved new motor Surprised

My '73 still dose not know what to make of me. I can only imagine it as a cartoon. "I don't get this guy. Hes young and got all googly eyed when he first saw me. He was the only guy that wanted me and not chop me up into parts. Likes to clean me up and putting me back together to when I was built in Michigan. I get to sit next to another '70s station wagon and talk about when all these Asian nerds were not all over the place sounding like constipated bumble bees......."
1973 Buick Century
1973 Buick Century
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lars Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:06 pm

My '76 has had 4 owners including me.

'76: Back in the 70's I was purchased new by a doctor and got some nice options. I waas owned for about 10 years and then sold to an elderly lady who drove me, kept me garaged, and upkept for about 20 years. At this point my master cylinder broke, and instead of getting me fixed sold me to a Demo-Derby man. The lady had left the master cylinder in my cab when she sold me for $400. This Derby man installed the master cylinder and was stuck at indecision. He wanted to derby either me, or a 1979 Cadillac. This other car, Mr. Cadillac, was kind of rotted out as I was not. Low and behold some kid saw me, stopped in and bought me within three days. It has now been 2 and a half years, of me sitting in a garage during the winter, and outside during the summer. Only getting started 4 times a week, and occsionally running out of gas.
lars
lars
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:50 pm

I am a 74 Elky. I was bought new by an aging hot rodder who was getting past his prime and was driving it easy for the first time in his life. He passed away in the early 80s and his wife drove me once a year to the VET station and maybe once a year to the cemetary. The rest of the time I sat in the nice dry garage. About 2008 the man's wife passed away and the black sheep of the family inheirted me. Being a hot rodder like his dad he wanted to update me as a memorial to the man who bought me new. He did the proper mechanical things, but ran out of money to do the crowning touch of a new paint job and a new 2 inch cowl hood. JBs car

Last edited by JB2wheeler on Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spell check)
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:13 pm

Mine would say "I had a pretty normal existance prior to John buying me.". I was purchased new buy a middle aged women who drove me until '81 when I was given two her son. He started to do some basic hot rod mod's. I got a four bbl intake, a cam swap, plus headers and dual exhaust. He found me a bucket seat interior from a '76 cutlass, & bought me some nugget mags. He also had my rusted 1/4 panels replaced and had a swanky new paint job from maaco. After all this work he never drove me. (less than 1000 miles in nine years). Finally I was put up for sale in '94 where my current owner bought me.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:47 pm

Ive been looking through the windsheild of mine for almost 25 years,that car would have a lot to say to me.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:52 pm

This July I will have had mine 20 years. It has never been my daily driver though.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:20 pm

Mine said..."Be sure to check under the front seat after you take it out: there's a old bag of "hootch" that someone from North Carolina stashed there for safe keeping & forgot about. I wouldn't smoke it if I were you though, it's about 30 years old looks and it's effects might resemble that of LSD or worse".

I took the cars advice & tossed it in the fire-pit...smelled terrible.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:29 pm

Since I've known her all her life, mine would have enough to fill a book, but I'll bet the highlight reel would be mostly admonishments:

o  Get me some new paint.

o  Don't let your brother drink beer when we go for a ride -- it always ends up all over the back floor.

o  No one rides on the hood.

o  Don't do 110 past the police station.

o  Don't give strippers a ride across the border.

o  I am not an airplane.

o  In case it wasn't obvious, I hated every one of your girlfriends until your wife came along.

...and of course:

o  Take me out more!

Last edited by thatfnthing on Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:21 pm

I'll have my SS for 32 years this year. Bought mine in '82 right out of high school.  Put it on the road in '83 when I got my license.  Daily driver til '86 when I bought a '74 monte for $350 to be my new daily driver.  Chevelle seen a lot of street racing in that time.  Then came the engine rebuild, monte rear with 4.10's, 3200 lb. clutch, 50's on the back, skinnies up front, sumped gas tank, L88 hood and 11 coats of lacquer.  Did a little more street racing and some car shows.  And now she's apart again in the garage waiting for her reassembly with 2nd engine rebuild and new frame.  Here galvanized frame is sitting in the yard.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:37 pm

Joe73 wrote:I'll have my SS for 32 years this year.  Bought mine in '82 right out of high school.  Put it on the road in '83 when I got my license.  Daily driver til '86 when I bought a '74 monte for $350 to be my new daily driver.  Chevelle seen a lot of street racing in that time.  Then came the engine rebuild, monte rear with 4.10's, 3200 lb. clutch, 50's on the back, skinnies up front, sumped gas tank, L88 hood and 11 coats of lacquer.  Did a little more street racing and some car shows.  And now she's apart again in the garage waiting for her reassembly with 2nd engine rebuild and new frame.  Here galvanized frame is sitting in the yard.

Yes, but how would the Chevelle tell the story?
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by bracketchev1221 Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:39 pm

My car belonged to my In laws. I don't want my car to talk EVER. I have heard rumors about what happened in my car. I married one of them.
bracketchev1221
bracketchev1221
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:13 pm

bracketchev1221 wrote:My car belonged to my In laws.  I don't want my car to talk EVER.  I have heard rumors about what happened in my car.  I married one of them.

lol! 

Back in the day those big comfy back seats came in handy on Fri & Sat nights!
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down