G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making another re-introduction

+3
1973 Buick Century
JB2wheeler
Jedediah
7 posters

Go down

Making another re-introduction Empty Making another re-introduction

Post by JiMi_DRiX Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:09 pm

Hey everyone, I joined here probably a couple years ago, at least. Its been hard staying active online anymore, let alone putting as much time into my Monte Carlo as I use to. But dont get me wrong, shes still my baby, still runs great and is in great shape. I'm trying to get back to work on it, and I recently bought some new parts, and got back to working on a few things.
Currently I'm working on getting the dash finished, and the brakes all done. I bought new front rotors and pads from Summit, wheel bearings, rear shoes, spring kits, wheel cylinders, and still have a new booster sitting around.
The dash has been a bit of a pain in the A$$, mainly for a couple reasons. Its a mint dash, black, from a 77. Unfortunately, it has some damage to the frame behind the gauges and radio area, and I cant get it to sit correctly, causing my dash bezel driver side lower vent to line up incorrectly. What I would do, is remove the mint pad, separate my old original tan dash, and dye the frame, put the two together, and be done. BUT, this dash is a one piecer, and I cant. Luckily I came across a near mint 73 pad on eBay a while ago, and thats what I am trying to finish. It has a couple blemishes on the front of the driver side that I'm touching up. Then it needs the texture sprayed on, and I can dye it and the old frame. THEN, I can go from there. Its been a hassle, and time has been something I dont seem to have like I use to.

I got my new tags in the mail, and updated insurance card. I recently removed the cruise control (my speedo no longer wobbles), and I re-routed some vacuum lines. I took it out today for a short cruise and that alone sure makes me miss driving her all the time. If I can get the AC fixed after the brakes and dash, I'll definitely be driving it more often.

heres the most recent picture I could find, of my Mustang and Monte together.
Making another re-introduction IMG_1696

Heres hoping I can be around the forum more often and get to know some people, and get reacquainted with some others I havent talked to in a while.
JiMi_DRiX
JiMi_DRiX
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Making another re-introduction Empty Re: Making another re-introduction

Post by Jedediah Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:33 am

Nice monte and mustang i own a green 94 mustang. Your monte is a real nice one i dont usually like many monte's.
Jedediah
Jedediah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by JiMi_DRiX Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:40 am

Mine is a 97, yours would have the 5.0 pushrod and mine has the 4.6 mod motor, but other than that they're pretty similar!
Thanks, I had a thread with a bunch of pictures on here somewhere (edit Mgmt: found them for you). The Monte has been in the family for a while, and this July it'll have been mine for ten years.. time sure flies.

https://www.g3gm.com/t97-the-newest-registered-user-is-jimi_drix#500
https://www.g3gm.com/t207-our-fleet#1187
https://www.g3gm.com/t2873-heyy-everyone-i-m-back#24714
JiMi_DRiX
JiMi_DRiX
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:40 am

welcome back mike,sorry your still having that dash issue.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:43 am

Welcome back JIMI_DRIX. Time sure flies. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 Buick Century Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:44 pm

Welcome back. I have a special place in my heart for the A body Monte Carlos. They are the car that started my automotive addiction when I was a little guy.

I also have a Mustang, black '04. Bought her brand new, been a great little car.
1973 Buick Century
1973 Buick Century
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:04 pm

Welcome Mike !
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by JiMi_DRiX Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:16 am

The dash issue is technically solved, I just need to get the pad and frame all ready to be swapped out. I dont know what to do with the old one. Maybe I can sell it and someone savvy enough will salvage it, or at least the pad somehow.
My friend has some of that flexible bumper filler that he is going to let me borrow, I just need a day to do it. I've gotten really really good with the SEM dye, so I'm ready to do the pad and frame! Oh! I also scored a NICE set of original black door panels, correct for my 76 MC too. Came with the straps still riveted on, and the pull strap end caps. The plastic backs arent mint, but they are still completely usable. I'm excited to get those babies put on.

I noticed I tried making a come back last.. .SEPT. OMG. time DOES fly, haha.
JiMi_DRiX
JiMi_DRiX
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by yogreasygramma Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:15 pm

Welcome back, friend! LOL. How's your dad's Monte doing?
yogreasygramma
yogreasygramma
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:26 pm

yogreasygramma wrote:Welcome back, friend! LOL. How's your dad's Monte doing?

you greasy mike,where the h3ll have you been???????????????????????????????????????????? scratch
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JiMi_DRiX Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:10 pm

My dad and I got as far as going up to visit Phil, picking up a bunch of parts... and thats it! We have the trunk lid at work to give to our friend to start on, but we've all just been busy. I think he's going to do his car in pieces.

I got my dash pad back today, and it looks pretty good. I just need to prep and dye it whenever I get some time.

How've you been Mike?
JiMi_DRiX
JiMi_DRiX
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by JiMi_DRiX Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:11 am

We dropped the new door and deck lid off for walnut blasting yesterday. I think the entire car is getting blasted when its all said and done.
JiMi_DRiX
JiMi_DRiX
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by JiMi_DRiX Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:14 am

Oh man, just when I was getting closer to putting the dash in the car, I found this. Looks like my job just got a little bigger, but I want it!

http://www.opgi.com/p/interior-trim/24576/160/G241076.html
JiMi_DRiX
JiMi_DRiX
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down