1977 Chevelle Malibu Classic Progress Photo's aka Mali

Page 3 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next

Go down

aka mali - 1977 Chevelle Malibu Classic Progress Photo's aka Mali - Page 3 Empty Re: 1977 Chevelle Malibu Classic Progress Photo's aka Mali

Post by Limey SE on Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:36 am

Laguna Budman wrote:Very nice progress. As far as under inner fenders I had mine Rhino lined. More durable and cuts down on road noise a little more.

Where is that part @ I would like to see that how before / after turned out ??

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 94

Back to top Go down

aka mali - 1977 Chevelle Malibu Classic Progress Photo's aka Mali - Page 3 Empty Re: 1977 Chevelle Malibu Classic Progress Photo's aka Mali

Post by 77mali on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:11 am

Limey SE wrote:
Laguna Budman wrote:Very nice progress. As far as under inner fenders I had mine Rhino lined. More durable and cuts down on road noise a little more.

Yes- me too. Please post the rear wells too if you can. & Limey- WE NEED LOTS OF PICS ON YOUR SE THREAD when she arrives! Can't wait to see.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:26 pm

77mali wrote:
Limey SE wrote:

Yes- me too. Please post the rear wells too if you can. & Limey- WE NEED LOTS OF PICS ON YOUR SE THREAD when she arrives! Can't wait to see.

aka mali - 1977 Chevelle Malibu Classic Progress Photo's aka Mali - Page 3 Shrugaka mali - 1977 Chevelle Malibu Classic Progress Photo's aka Mali - Page 3 Facepalm BUT I have no SE thread ???aka mali - 1977 Chevelle Malibu Classic Progress Photo's aka Mali - Page 3 Pinkie

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Laguna Budman on Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:00 pm

Kinda hard to see but here they are. Engine side blasted primed and trim blacked. Tire side is Rhino lined smoother than a pickup box and then UV sprayed for easier cleaning.aka mali - 1977 Chevelle Malibu Classic Progress Photo's aka Mali - Page 3 Chevel25aka mali - 1977 Chevelle Malibu Classic Progress Photo's aka Mali - Page 3 Chevel26aka mali - 1977 Chevelle Malibu Classic Progress Photo's aka Mali - Page 3 00810aka mali - 1977 Chevelle Malibu Classic Progress Photo's aka Mali - Page 3 01010
Laguna Budman
Laguna Budman
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:04 pm

Very cool Idea BUdman I would never have thought of it !! sure wont rust out ever again !

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:41 pm

Thanks Budman- they look good. I'm going to try it out while mine are still off the car. That looks like a nice tight grain like they did it at GM did you roll it on or spray it?
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Laguna Budman on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:13 pm

No i took it to Rhino Lining. It is a franchise like Line-x or many other ones out there. They normally do spray in pickup bed liners. I had them do the whole underside of my body before I put it on the frame. The underside looks just like the fender wells. Should cut way down on the road noise between that on the B-Quiet I put inside the car.
Laguna Budman
Laguna Budman
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by pila on Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:23 am

Great progress on your project !

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali on Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:05 am

Pila...you sure you weren't looking @ Budman's car? He posted some pics on this page lol! I hope to get there someday soon too.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:29 pm

My "New" Old Dash from a 73 Monte donor (had it since last summer) just now refurbishing. Going w/ a Dash Cap that I ordered. Will post more before & after pics when it's completed. Will be fixing the HVAC face plate, blacking-out the chrome on the vents, swapping out the idiot light gauge cluster for a working gauge & tach unit & removing the wood grain veneer....Giggity.....

aka mali - 1977 Chevelle Malibu Classic Progress Photo's aka Mali - Page 3 P1020510

aka mali - 1977 Chevelle Malibu Classic Progress Photo's aka Mali - Page 3 P1020511

aka mali - 1977 Chevelle Malibu Classic Progress Photo's aka Mali - Page 3 P1020512
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Laguna Budman on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:41 pm

Mali I used a headlight polisher to claen up the scratches on my gauge lenses if that helps. Can't tell if you have any but if so it worked great.
Laguna Budman
Laguna Budman
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by pila on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:29 am

I've never seen a dash like that. Had an SS Elco with round gauges etc, but not as nice as that one, and no wood-grain either.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:14 am

Budman-
Yes I have the small 3" discs from harbor freight.

Pila-
If I can get the Wood grain off in one piece you are welcome to it if you want
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pila on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:30 pm

I don't need any wood grain, but thanks anyway. That SS is long-gone !! My Elco project is a '75, with a '77 Classic interior, and it has the wood grain dash insert. The wood grain looks OK in some instances, but seems better without it in some others.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali on Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:50 pm

Passengers side vent repair:
aka mali - 1977 Chevelle Malibu Classic Progress Photo's aka Mali - Page 3 P1020610

Vent Shutters broken support bracket:

aka mali - 1977 Chevelle Malibu Classic Progress Photo's aka Mali - Page 3 P1020611

Support bracket repaired:
aka mali - 1977 Chevelle Malibu Classic Progress Photo's aka Mali - Page 3 P1020613

The dash top repair (several large cracks & speaker holes filled):

aka mali - 1977 Chevelle Malibu Classic Progress Photo's aka Mali - Page 3 P1020614

Not "Perfect" but for what I have planned, doesn't have to be Very Happy
aka mali - 1977 Chevelle Malibu Classic Progress Photo's aka Mali - Page 3 P1020615
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pila on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:08 pm

I think you did good on your dash repair. Some of the dash vents are available new. Not cheap, but about 28 bucks each for the ones I bought. I still have some used ones also.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:25 pm

Thanks Bill. I got some big plans for the dash, not done yet. The repair to the the vent support was with some JB Stick epoxy. It cost pennies, literally & I formed it on there & shaved it smooth with some small files. The hardest part was getting the little vent louvers back in correctly with out them coming out of alignment. The assembly is drying now & I got rid of the chrome & the chrome "pinstripe" around the outside opening. Going all black like the look of the drivers side. Will post some after pics later.

The dash was in terrible condition, but salvageable & better than the one that came w/ the car. I never did take real "before pics" but it was a very involved process. {I'm thinking about doing dash customizing as a side business eventually.} I bought a dash cap but am not using it. Very disappointed with the fitment. There was at least a 3/4" gap at the end near where it would butt up to the windshield and I did test fits on both dash pads I have. If it weren't for that I would have used it as the quality was decent.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BicknellWelding on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:25 pm

77mali wrote: {I'm thinking about doing dash customizing as a side business eventually.}

With you being one town away , I just might be your first customer. LOL
BicknellWelding
BicknellWelding
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali on Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:24 am

BicknellWelding wrote:
77mali wrote: {I'm thinking about doing dash customizing as a side business eventually.}

With you being one town away , I just might be your first customer. LOL

LOL- You'd save big on shipping! I'm hoping to have mine done by end of next week. I'll post a pic & you can judge. I'm not doing anything "fancy"...just cool.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali on Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:56 pm

Here's the refurbished one next to a spare I'm keeping (just in case).

aka mali - 1977 Chevelle Malibu Classic Progress Photo's aka Mali - Page 3 P1020616
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali on Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:31 am

Here's the bezel after cleaning. Still needs to be painted & some small touching up.
aka mali - 1977 Chevelle Malibu Classic Progress Photo's aka Mali - Page 3 P1020617

The acrylic was "polished". Lots of scratches but got it to an acceptable level. Smaller ones need more work & were worse than the larger. I've already got about 4 hours into them.

aka mali - 1977 Chevelle Malibu Classic Progress Photo's aka Mali - Page 3 P1020619

aka mali - 1977 Chevelle Malibu Classic Progress Photo's aka Mali - Page 3 P1020710

Oh, & this is done too.
aka mali - 1977 Chevelle Malibu Classic Progress Photo's aka Mali - Page 3 P1020711
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chromereverse on Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:48 pm

Man looks good lots of progress.
chromereverse
chromereverse
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali on Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:22 pm

Thanks!
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali on Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:28 am

Well scored some gauges for the old gal. I think these may have come out of an El- Camino (not sure of year?)...JB, Pila...any insight?
The pod is not in the best shape & needs a little work & the C-board....well, we'll see (take a look-LOL). Does anyone have a pic (or can post?) of the correct oil send and/or temp send unit with the proper harness connections? I'm guessing I'll have to make some mod's to the harness & wires in the pin connector behind the pod. All & all I'm pretty content with it as the faces are in excellent condition. Interestingly, take a look at the fonts on these two clocks- the 1st is from the 73 M/C idiot light set I picked last year & the 2nd came w/ this set.

aka mali - 1977 Chevelle Malibu Classic Progress Photo's aka Mali - Page 3 P1020713

aka mali - 1977 Chevelle Malibu Classic Progress Photo's aka Mali - Page 3 P1020712

aka mali - 1977 Chevelle Malibu Classic Progress Photo's aka Mali - Page 3 P1020714

aka mali - 1977 Chevelle Malibu Classic Progress Photo's aka Mali - Page 3 P1020715

aka mali - 1977 Chevelle Malibu Classic Progress Photo's aka Mali - Page 3 P1020716

aka mali - 1977 Chevelle Malibu Classic Progress Photo's aka Mali - Page 3 P1020717
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:01 am

the cluster you have is from a 75 elky monte chevelle.speedo only goes to 100.

the fonts on the clock (cluster) were different. 73/74 were the same (skinnier),75-77 were the same (bolder). did not matter if idiot lights or gauges.

you only need to switch out the temp sender.

the oil light STAYS an oil light when switching to gauges.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next