G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~~Introduce Yourself~~

+114
Homer J
77camino
76ANOTHERDAYChevelle
GeeGeeGee333
Joe73
RossM
carcrazy
thatfnthing
kpanepinto
Mcarlo77
coachbobirwin11@gmail.com
73LeMans
Hs1973
bigredlaguna
impalamonte
clanceman427
Andrew83
wlardimhir
Francine77
fasrnur
Logicalloco
Evil ElCo
Limey SE
chevellelaguna
77mali
Rz7ft4
dynchel
testpilot61
knightfan26917
77dreammachine
braunicus
Keith Seymore
ElkeeLee73
Hoss406
Grimeyfonz
ant7377
nicky73gs
'73 Guna
driveit
Wallyuph
Tom77
allenland2000
Rt66Cruzer
Famstyle
JB2wheeler
magic marouke
WyldeBill66
1973 454 MONTE
1973montec
skeezix91
the orange one
dragons_lair59
Turtle83
BicknellWelding
Tuffenough4u
Pontichev327
Laguna Budman
Sleddogg
Darkcalling
bigred84
Bret Mullikin
Darkcalling1
alleyball4
jerry46765
geoff528
taffy bear
cp73
73 SS owner
Hawk03
redmalibu
Cdub74
badtemper44
Graham Perkins
malibob73
Buzzman
irishish27
74MonteCarlo
DiscoMalibu
pila
77ElClassic
canam455
BigSythe
micara928
MT76LAGUNA
4gotn73
Suiteriff
laguna55
74Guna
Checyxtc
The Dude
1973chevelle
Fishgrinder
abajc3
BlackChevelleSS
denard52
77malibu77
Lord Vader
Malicruiser
Roadcaptain S3
cromags76 BANNED
76LagunaS3
badbiscayne66
74442guy
coreys73chevelle
jerry harman
autorecycler
lincoln_guy1991
1977chevelle
G3NUT
Hydro King
chevys_r_us
TheDeve
Compucarracing
Admin
118 posters

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

~~Introduce Yourself~~ - Page 5 Empty Re: ~~Introduce Yourself~~

Post by cromags76 BANNED Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:17 pm

Limey wrote:
cromags76 wrote:
Limey wrote:
cromags76 wrote:does anyone know where to find a landau top for 77 malibu??????

Give Me Beer
WHY WHY WHY would you wanna put the number 1 water trap back on a car just have it painted the color of the top you want save the headache of future body re- work yet again

just because i dont plan on driving this one in the rain, but that is a good idea of having it painted on...... hmmmmmmm scratch

look at the back window all the rust I had to fix when I got my car and took off the half vinyl top

~~Introduce Yourself~~ - Page 5 Laguna14

i know i know its such a shame thats exactly what mine looks like but mine might have 1 or 2 more holes, im just trying to keep it as origional as i can Very Happy

cromags76 BANNED
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : -6

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:40 pm

originality ok but practicality better. im not 100%sure but could almost use a spry on bed liner to make a faux vynal top
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:46 pm

I like my vinyl top. keep it clean and protected and you won't have any problems.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:00 am

Hey guys. I'm Mitchell Pettijohn. I'm the proud owner of a 74 Chevelle that I bought from the 2nd owner who only had it for about a year, bought it for his son to drive to high school but his son wanted a new car with a stereo and A/C. Not sure why? scratch It's only 90 degrees on average here in Texas. I on the other hand chose to suffer the torture of driving the family mini-van to high school so I could save up and get my dream car. Finally just after senior year started BINGO!!! I found a 74 Chevelle for sale in town right off the main drag for $5k. I know that sounds like a lot but the car has NO rust at all, had perfect interior, ran perfect like it just rolled off the assymbly line (until It cracked both heads while in the hands of my little brother), and only had 63k miles on it! I've since put 11k miles on it with the original engine, swapped in a 6.0L LS engine (chunked EFI for carburator setup because I'm electronically retarded), and now undertaking the task of swapping out my TH350 for a T56. And planning to swap my 10bolt for a built 9". Body mods planned include a host of fiberglass panels from US Body Source, self fabbed front & rear spoiler. Tenzo R type M wheels (may need to custom order with chevy bolt pattern). Fourth gen camaro front and rear seat fitted then recovered in balck suede with red stitching, self made interior panels & dash also with black suede with red stitching. Still debating on this but I have a hook up at a friends salvage yard so I may salvage a C6 Vette front clip and splice the framerails like was done to Project X with truck arm rear suspension so I can have something unique and can utilize my car as a rolling resime for my fabrication skills when all is said and done. Paint will be ibis white, semi-gloss black rally stripes, viper red pin-stripe around rally stripes. And since I'm all about quality not quantity I'm going to try and get BOSE speakers, with one Rockford Fosgate 12" sub. This will take a few years but I'm stubborn AND patient (just not at the same time pirat )
~~Introduce Yourself~~ - Page 5 Quite_11 ~~Introduce Yourself~~ - Page 5 My_phr12 ~~Introduce Yourself~~ - Page 5 My_int10 ~~Introduce Yourself~~ - Page 5 This_i10 ~~Introduce Yourself~~ - Page 5 Old_fa10 ~~Introduce Yourself~~ - Page 5 Old_fa11 ~~Introduce Yourself~~ - Page 5 Lil_sc16 ~~Introduce Yourself~~ - Page 5 This_i11 ~~Introduce Yourself~~ - Page 5 Lil_sc17 ~~Introduce Yourself~~ - Page 5 Lil_sc18~~Introduce Yourself~~ - Page 5 The_ta10

Last edited by Malicruiser on Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:50 am; edited 3 times in total
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:45 am

Hello Mitchell. You have a great find in that Chevelle, take good care of it. I have had many cool cars over the years and one thing or another let them get away from me and deeply regretted losing them. I do not agree with your frame/suspention ideas, but its your car and your the one to be pleased with it. I'll trade you a 73 Furd and a 78 Elky for it, lol. JB http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/19847223
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:42 am

Very nice, I saw the write up on your engine install, you have every reason to be proud, good job.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:47 am

Thumbs up Nice car! some of your plans might need thinking out a little, but after doing the LS swap I'm sure you can find a way to accomplish your goals. I also agree not to worry about trying to put a Corvette sub frame in it. Our cars were well designed from the factory & the suspension design lasted through the 96 Impala. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress as you come along.

Got any pics or details on the LS swap? Looks like you might be the first to get it accomplished, so any info is breaking ground for us. Very Happy
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:59 pm

JB2wheeler wrote:Hello Mitchell. You have a great find in that Chevelle, take good care of it. I have had many cool cars over the years and one thing or another let them get away from me and deeply regretted losing them. I do not agree with your frame/suspention ideas, but its your car and your the one to be pleased with it. I'll trade you a 73 Furd and a 78 Elky for it, lol. JB http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/19847223
Lol. Good offer JB, but I just would never forgive myself if I let go of my Chevelle. No I hear you guys on the frame and suspension for these cars, but I'm not doing it just to make it handle & drive better. I'm doing it sort of as a rolling resume! You see my dream is to be a chassis and suspension fabricator, and what better way to show what I can do than doing something that no one has done before! (at least to these cars Sad ) It's funny that before I started working on my Chevelle, I had never done anything more than change my brakes and oil. Lol Clapp
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:03 am

Rago wrote:Thumbs up Nice car! some of your plans might need thinking out a little, but after doing the LS swap I'm sure you can find a way to accomplish your goals. I also agree not to worry about trying to put a Corvette sub frame in it. Our cars were well designed from the factory & the suspension design lasted through the 96 Impala. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress as you come along.

Got any pics or details on the LS swap? Looks like you might be the first to get it accomplished, so any info is breaking ground for us. Very Happy
Sorry not as of yet Rago. My camera got trasted during some heavy rain while I was moving to my new house. Neutral And every time I get close to having enough for a new one.....I put it right back into the Chevelle. Still cheaper than my last girlfriend lol!
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by denard52 Mon May 10, 2010 1:37 pm

Hello All ...my name is Denard... I have a 1973 Chevelle... It's good to find a site where I can compare notes of such a rare car... Here in Delaware and the surronding area, I have not seen another G3 Chevelle. I've been to many car shows with hundreds of cars and I'm the only G3 Chevelle of the bunch. It get's a lot of attention. Once again it was great to find this site. Looking forward to communicating with you all.
denard52
denard52
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Mon May 10, 2010 1:50 pm

Welcome Denard. You are fortunate to have one of the best cars ever made, take good care of it. We are a greedy bunch here, we love to see as many pictures as we can of these great cars. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by denard52 Mon May 10, 2010 1:56 pm

JB2wheeler wrote:Welcome Denard. You are fortunate to have one of the best cars ever made, take good care of it. We are a greedy bunch here, we love to see as many pictures as we can of these great cars. JB

Thank You!! I'm not much of a picture taker, but I'll try to post some more pix in the near future.
denard52
denard52
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon May 10, 2010 2:12 pm

Welcome to the site! From your avatar it looks like you have a pretty clean red SS (clone or real?).
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Mon May 10, 2010 2:14 pm

Nice, welcome
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon May 10, 2010 3:12 pm

denard52 wrote:Hello All ...my name is Denard... I have a 1973 Chevelle... It's good to find a site where I can compare notes of such a rare car... Here in Delaware and the surronding area, I have not seen another G3 Chevelle. I've been to many car shows with hundreds of cars and I'm the only G3 Chevelle of the bunch. It get's a lot of attention. Once again it was great to find this site. Looking forward to communicating with you all.

Welcome aboard my friend glad you could make it, you find we are very usefull and great bunch of guys / gals here and like to help out as much as we can, and yes we are picture fed so when you get time snap some looks pretty clean from your avatar

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by denard52 Tue May 11, 2010 8:07 am

Rago wrote:Welcome to the site! From your avatar it looks like you have a pretty clean red SS (clone or real?).

Thank You!!! It's a clone.
denard52
denard52
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by denard52 Tue May 11, 2010 8:11 am

Limey wrote:
denard52 wrote:Hello All ...my name is Denard... I have a 1973 Chevelle... It's good to find a site where I can compare notes of such a rare car... Here in Delaware and the surronding area, I have not seen another G3 Chevelle. I've been to many car shows with hundreds of cars and I'm the only G3 Chevelle of the bunch. It get's a lot of attention. Once again it was great to find this site. Looking forward to communicating with you all.

Welcome aboard my friend glad you could make it, you find we are very usefull and great bunch of guys / gals here and like to help out as much as we can, and yes we are picture fed so when you get time snap some looks pretty clean from your avatar

I appreciate that. It's good to know where to get some advice from time to time. I'll get on the pix ASAP
denard52
denard52
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Tue May 11, 2010 10:04 am

Welcome, Denard! Nice Chevelle.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by denard52 Tue May 11, 2010 10:10 am

74MonteCarlo wrote:Welcome, Denard! Nice Chevelle.

Thank You!! Still a work in progress...
denard52
denard52
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Tue May 11, 2010 2:12 pm

denard52 wrote:

Welcom! Hey every good muscle car is always a work in progress, like ours. Thumbs up
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by denard52 Tue May 11, 2010 2:15 pm

Malicruiser wrote:
denard52 wrote:

Welcom! Hey every good muscle car is always a work in progress, like ours. Thumbs up

FOR SURE!!!
denard52
denard52
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Vader Tue May 11, 2010 3:11 pm

Hello, I am Lord Vader but you can call me Vader. Wink

I am a Pontiac guy having built A,F and G-bodys ranging from full race to restorations.

At present looking at going to the darkside, hence my handle, and trying a BIG A-body.

Looks like info on these cars is sparce at best so I am glad I found this place.

Look forward to soaking up info and may even be able to help to boot.

Here is my avatar if I figure out how to add it???

~~Introduce Yourself~~ - Page 5 Darth_Vader_2
Lord Vader
Lord Vader
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Tue May 11, 2010 3:18 pm

I take it you like Star Wars?

Welcome, by the way.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Vader Tue May 11, 2010 3:22 pm

Not a great fan either way.

On some other boards BIG Pontiacs are refered to as "darksiders" so......
Lord Vader
Lord Vader
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Tue May 11, 2010 3:27 pm

welcome denard and vader
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member