G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Me and My Grand Am

+5
Graham Perkins
ant7377
Tom77
Mcarlo77
77mali
9 posters

Go down

Me and My Grand Am Empty Re: Me and My Grand Am

Post by vegadan Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:34 am

Hi everone. My name is Dan. I own a 1973 Grand Am. When I bought the car, I was actually looking for a Camaro of Firebird, but there was something about this car that made me keep on going back to the sale ad. Finally after seeing the ad for 3 weeks, I decided to check it out. I live near Chicago and the car was from near St. Louis. So I contacted the seller and arranged to meet at Lambert Airport in St. Louis. I got to the meeting place early and when I saw the car pull up, I knew I was going to buy it. I've had it now for about 2 1/2 years and it's the best old car that I have ever owned. It is a real blast to drive (though the gas bills can be painful Razz ). Hope to get to know folks here and maybe even meet some of you. Take care.

Dan
vegadan
vegadan
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:05 am

Welcome Dan. I know what U mean about the Grand AM, there's just something about them, the body lines, the nose, the slats. One of my favorite cars & one of Pontiac's best designs IMHO.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Me and My Grand Am Empty Me and My Grand Am

Post by Mcarlo77 Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:35 am

Welcome to the site, Dan...and, glad you made the decision to buy the Grand Am! Don't get me wrong...I have always loved Camaros and Firebirds. But, I've reached the point where I'd rather see cars like these on the street and at car shows...not only because they are cool...but, because there aren't 50 more just like it sitting there at the shows.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:48 pm

I agree!
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:38 pm

Welcome Dan. Do you have a Vega too? Nice GA !
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:58 pm

Hey Dan,

WELCOME! I see you are "west of Chicago" ... whereabouts are you?

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic
CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"May your days be merry and bright" __ Irving Berlin/Bing Crosby __ 'White Christmas'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Graham Perkins Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:32 pm

Welcome! Nice 73 grand am. That's a car you don't see every day.
When I was a teenager a buddy of mine had a lemans GT, ( a canadian pontiac I don't know if they made them in the USA ) that car was a cool car.
You made a better choice than getting a camaro or chevelle, even though those are great cars there are a ton of them at every car show.

Graham
Graham Perkins
Graham Perkins
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:17 am

Welcome to the fun !! Good bunch of folks here Very Happy

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by vegadan Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:36 pm

Thanks guys. I really love driving this car. I put about 100 miles on it yesterday, just driving around the farm lands of Illinois. And you all are right-there are very few of these G3 cars at any of the cruise nights I attend, so they are definitly unique! To answer the questions: no, I do not own a Vega at this time, but have owned 4 over the last 40 years, hence the screen name; I live in Carol Stream, IL which is about 25 miles west of downtown Chicago. I was going through some of the old posts, and I gotta say that there are a lot of nice G3's. It would be neat to meet up with a few (or a bunch) once spring/summer time rolls around again.
vegadan
vegadan
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:52 pm

vegadan wrote:I live in Carol Stream, IL which is about 25 miles west of downtown Chicago.

Ah, cool ... you're not that far from me. I'm in Elgin!

* Radio.HolidayCDshowcase | 12.24.2011 | Noon-4p.CENTRAL | www.wrmn1410.com *
"Remember that fat boy, bring that kid, if you want to see New Year's Eve" __ Mona Abboud, native/resident of Sleepy Hollow IL __ 'The Pretty Little Dolly'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by vegadan Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:04 pm

Knightfan, we will have to meet up this summer at one of the local cruise nights. Which ones do you ususally go to? I typically hit Elmhurst or Lemont on Wed., Downers Grove or Roselle on Fri. and Lombard on Sat.
vegadan
vegadan
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:39 pm

Yes, indeed, we will have to meet up this summer. I know a couple others that would probably meet up with us, too. However ... none of the ones you frequent are ones I frequent ... mostly because they are a bit far from me, particularly the ones on week/work nights.

Check out this thread for the ones I frequented this past season:
https://www.g3gm.com/t3848-cruise-nights2011chicagoland

CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I shiver when I see the falling snow" __ Merle Haggard __ 'If We Make It Through December'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by El Road Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:38 am

Looks nice. It'd be hard to beat this with a similar year F body unless you're talking 73 SD or 76-79 SE.

El Road
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down