G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

73 Chevelle SS Station Wagon - more pics added

+22
Landonus
zodiacblue442
Brainstain
alleyball4
nopl8s
73chevy350
1973 454 MONTE
vegadan
dine73ss
dragons_lair59
texan01
laguna55
thatfnthing
Wallyuph
Leike
pila
BicknellWelding
ant7377
Mcarlo77
knightfan26917
Biomedtech
Joe73
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

73 Chevelle SS Station Wagon - more pics added - Page 2 Empty Re: 73 Chevelle SS Station Wagon - more pics added

Post by 77mali Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:49 am

That thing is sweet. Never seen the wood & turbine wheels combo before (are they original RPO?)-awesome.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

73 Chevelle SS Station Wagon - more pics added - Page 2 Empty Re: 73 Chevelle SS Station Wagon - more pics added

Post by vegadan Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:17 am

Both are very nice. I always liked the long roofs (rooves? LOL) in these body styles.
vegadan
vegadan
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by badtemper44 Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:07 am

Had some great weather yesterday, so the kids and I decided to have some fun!

badtemper44
badtemper44
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:47 am

Gotta love the kids reaction!!! Priceless.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:03 pm

i let my kid do it the day of his 16th b-day. hes now 18.

73 Chevelle SS Station Wagon - more pics added - Page 2 64883212
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by badtemper44 Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:02 am

Had some time, so I figured I would upload the pics of the window tint job, which was done back in August.

Before:
73 Chevelle SS Station Wagon - more pics added - Page 2 Me_and10

Prep work. My Brother-in-law owns a tint shop and is the one who did it.
73 Chevelle SS Station Wagon - more pics added - Page 2 56131210

73 Chevelle SS Station Wagon - more pics added - Page 2 30485710

Laying it out:
73 Chevelle SS Station Wagon - more pics added - Page 2 30634710

Putting it on:
73 Chevelle SS Station Wagon - more pics added - Page 2 54786510

Tinting the front with a light (virtually clear) tint to cut down on uv rays and it helps keep the cockpit cooler / warmer.
73 Chevelle SS Station Wagon - more pics added - Page 2 31439310

Finished Job:
73 Chevelle SS Station Wagon - more pics added - Page 2 56131211

badtemper44
badtemper44
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 73chevy350 Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:13 pm

I'd love to have a wagon... can't find them things anywhere.
73chevy350
73chevy350
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by nopl8s Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:34 pm

Nice ride !! The tint sets it off really well...

nopl8s
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by zodiacblue442 Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:10 pm

badtemper44 wrote:Here she is! A big block 1973 SS Wagon, all original exept for the air cleaner and wheels/tires. Very, very little rust and a strong 454 under the hood. I am on cloud nine right now!

73 Chevelle SS Station Wagon - more pics added - Page 2 2012-010

Wow! Your wagon is sharp! Here is a story that shows how things just sometimes work out and you ended up with your wagon. Clapp Back in 2010 I was browsing the Internet for cool cars. For some reason I just had to fill my last remaining garage space. Embarassed Of course it had to be a 73-77 GM A-Body. I was also casually considering a late 70's Trans Am but quickly learned those cars aren't reasonably priced anymore! My search was narrowed to a 73 or 74 Hurst/Olds (my first choice), a 73 Chevelle SS, or maybe a 73 GTO. I stumbled upon a 73 Chevelle SS wagon for sale - the exact car you recently purchased. I was floored to see the area code was for the Denver, Colorado region. I've lived in Colorado all my life. I left a couple voicemail messages for the seller and ended up emailing with him a few times. He sent me pics of the car and I was sooooo tempted but the price was a little more than I wanted to pay for it. The wagon needed some TLC (nothing major), and looked overall in nice original condition. After alot of thinking, I made the difficult decision to pass and set my sights on a Hurst/Olds since I'm pretty much an Olds guy.

Fast forward about a year (2011) and there is a nice, solid 74 H/O W30 in my garage. It's a restoration project and funny thing is that it was actually a little higher priced than the wagon. I am contemplating changing the color of the interior to black (it's currently white), and got connected to another member here that had some nice black door panels that are correct for my H/O. I ended up purchasing them from him and we started chatting a little about Chevelles. I mentioned that wagon, and sent him the old pics I had. He researched the car and sent me the link to your thread.

I decided to join this forum because I like all the 73-77 GM A-Bodies and wanted to tell you that story. I am sooooo glad the SS wagon ended up finding a good home. I really like the car and it looks really sharp. I love the dark blue and silver color combo. Did you buy the car out of Colorado?

It would be a ton of fun to take that SS wagon to cruise-ins and car shows. It is so rare and unique I bet most people have not seen one before! I bet you spend alot of time answering questions! Laughing I don't know if you have the same pics I have of the car from 2010, but I can email them to you if you wish. There's an interior pic, an engine pic, a couple side pics, and a rear pic. Send me a PM if you want.

Cheers to your awesome purchase!
Beer
zodiacblue442
zodiacblue442
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by badtemper44 Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:44 pm

Wow! That is a cool story. I too tried to strike a deal with the guy in 2010, but was unable to get the price where I wanted, you must have been the "other guy" he said was interested in it! Anyways, thanks for not buying it! Thumbs up I figured the car was going to be sold, so image my surprise when it came uo for sale again last year, the same guy outside of Denver. Interesting story, after talking with him for a bit, he used to live outside of Amarillo where I live and had the wagon here about 6 years ago, but I had never seen it. He still had a 73 Laguna on his friends property down here so I offered to haul it to him to knock even a lil more our agreed price. Glad you found us here at g3gm, I will shoot you a pm for the pics.
badtemper44
badtemper44
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alleyball4 Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:30 pm

a rare, rare car .... you're a lucky man !
alleyball4
alleyball4
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainstain Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:42 pm

Gah.. That looks killer with the tint! I can't wait to get my wagon rolling. Stupid buying a house and being responsible!

Brainstain
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Landonus Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:07 pm

zodiacblue442 wrote:
badtemper44 wrote:Here she is! A big block 1973 SS Wagon, all original exept for the air cleaner and wheels/tires. Very, very little rust and a strong 454 under the hood. I am on cloud nine right now!

73 Chevelle SS Station Wagon - more pics added - Page 2 2012-010

Wow! Your wagon is sharp! Here is a story that shows how things just sometimes work out and you ended up with your wagon. Clapp Back in 2010 I was browsing the Internet for cool cars. For some reason I just had to fill my last remaining garage space. Embarassed Of course it had to be a 73-77 GM A-Body. I was also casually considering a late 70's Trans Am but quickly learned those cars aren't reasonably priced anymore! My search was narrowed to a 73 or 74 Hurst/Olds (my first choice), a 73 Chevelle SS, or maybe a 73 GTO. I stumbled upon a 73 Chevelle SS wagon for sale - the exact car you recently purchased. I was floored to see the area code was for the Denver, Colorado region. I've lived in Colorado all my life. I left a couple voicemail messages for the seller and ended up emailing with him a few times. He sent me pics of the car and I was sooooo tempted but the price was a little more than I wanted to pay for it. The wagon needed some TLC (nothing major), and looked overall in nice original condition. After alot of thinking, I made the difficult decision to pass and set my sights on a Hurst/Olds since I'm pretty much an Olds guy.

Fast forward about a year (2011) and there is a nice, solid 74 H/O W30 in my garage. It's a restoration project and funny thing is that it was actually a little higher priced than the wagon. I am contemplating changing the color of the interior to black (it's currently white), and got connected to another member here that had some nice black door panels that are correct for my H/O. I ended up purchasing them from him and we started chatting a little about Chevelles. I mentioned that wagon, and sent him the old pics I had. He researched the car and sent me the link to your thread.

I decided to join this forum because I like all the 73-77 GM A-Bodies and wanted to tell you that story. I am sooooo glad the SS wagon ended up finding a good home. I really like the car and it looks really sharp. I love the dark blue and silver color combo. Did you buy the car out of Colorado?

It would be a ton of fun to take that SS wagon to cruise-ins and car shows. It is so rare and unique I bet most people have not seen one before! I bet you spend alot of time answering questions! Laughing I don't know if you have the same pics I have of the car from 2010, but I can email them to you if you wish. There's an interior pic, an engine pic, a couple side pics, and a rear pic. Send me a PM if you want.

Cheers to your awesome purchase!
Beer

By any chance did I just sell you a set of 73' 442 panels?
Landonus
Landonus
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by zodiacblue442 Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:18 am

Landonus wrote:

By any chance did I just sell you a set of 73' 442 panels?

Yes you did! I received them today as a matter of fact. I haven't had a chance to open the box yet though. But thanks for shipping the panels so fast. It's like Christmas in February. bounce santa

zodiacblue442
zodiacblue442
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Landonus Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:20 am

Had a hunch you being new and all. Hope they are to your liking and enjoy the forum!
Landonus
Landonus
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kyle1979 Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:08 pm

Incredible ride!
kyle1979
kyle1979
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoMalibu Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:24 pm

73chevy350 wrote:I'd love to have a wagon... can't find them things anywhere.
Well, today is your lucky day! There is one for sale on Ebay right now!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Chevelle-SS-454-Chevelle-454-SS-Wagon-Rare-/281144378264?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item417582c398&vxp=mtr#ht_500wt_1182

By the way, the tint looks great, what a difference! I see you went from the Rally caps to the flat caps. I had considered going the same route, but may leave mine bare and plain with just chrome lugnuts.
DiscoMalibu
DiscoMalibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:19 pm

To get that ebay listing as nice as BT44's is going to take a lot of Ben Franklin's. But it looks pretty complete. I think Brainstain is selling his wagon...thought I saw that posted not long ago.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by badtemper44 Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:02 am

I do like the look with on trim rings and some chrome lugs, makes it look like a race car.

I have been keeping a close eye on that one on eBay, I would buy them all if I could! So what.....I might be a hoarder........maybe.......
badtemper44
badtemper44
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2