California Reintroduces Bill to Require ANNUAL Emissions Tests for Vehicles 15-Years Old and Older
Here we go again! Legislation (A.B. 859) has been reintroduced in the California Assembly by Assemblyman Dave Jones (Assemblymember.email@example.com) to require annual Smog check inspections for vehicles 15-years old and older. The bill would also require that funds generated through the additional inspection fees be deposited into an account which can be used to scrap older cars. You may recall that in 2004 a new law was enacted in California to require the lifetime testing of all 1976 and newer model-year vehicles. Pre-1976 motor vehicles would remain exempt under A.B. 859. The bill has been referred to the Assembly Transportation Committee.
We Urge You to Contact Assemblyman Jones and Members of the Assembly Transportation Committee (List Below) Immediately to Oppose A.B. 859
* A.B. 859 ignores the minimal impact vintage cars have on air quality.
* A.B. 859 could entice vintage car owners into allowing these vehicles to be scrapped.
* A.B. 859 ignores the fact that vehicles 15-years old and older still constitute a small portion of the overall vehicle population and are a poor source from which to look for emissions reduction.
* A.B. 859 ignores the fact that classic vehicles are overwhelmingly well-maintained and infrequently driven.
* A.B. 859 would increase costs by creating an annual inspection fee for owners of these vehicles.
* A.B. 859 represents another attempt by California legislators and regulators to scapegoat older cars.
Please contact members of the California Assembly Transportation Committee immediately by phone, fax or e-mail to request their opposition to A.B. 859.
Please e-mail a copy of your letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your assistance.
Assembly Transportation Committee
Click here to e-mail all Committee members.
Assemblymember Mike Eng – Chair
Assemblymember Kevin Jeffries
Assemblymember Bob Blumenfield
Assemblymember Joan Buchanan
Assemblymember Connie Conway
Assemblymember Warren Furutani
Assemblymember Cathleen Galgiani
Assemblymember Martin Garrick
Assemblymember Bonnie Lowenthal
Assemblymember Jeff Miller
Assemblymember Roger Niello
Assemblymember John Perez
Assemblymember Jose Solorio
Assemblymember Tom Torlakson
this was/is by permission of sema partners who want to squash this bill one and for all
1977 Chevelle SE x2
One Mild original
one Wild NON original
- Street Cred : 95