Hello to all!

Go down

Hello to all! Empty Hello to all!

Post by The Dude on Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:38 pm

Hi to everyone on this forum. Ya'll can call me Rago. I found this forum while searching for my long lost love...a 76 Malibu Classic. I had her in high school & when I moved to Tulsa in 2001 for college, I lost her. I kick myself every day over it because it burned up the rotor so I pushed her into the Walmart parking lot. When I went back, it had been towed & by the time I found her, the impound fee was more than I could afford. It's been 8 years & I still haven't found another like it. Funny because I now own 2 1971 Chevelles & a 1972 Cutlass. I wonder why these carry so much more value when the colonnades are harder to come by?

Here is a decription of it, I'll get pics if I can find some: It was a 2 door Malibu Classic with single round headlights, large quarter windows, & a 350. I have searched the net for years & NEVER have I seen another. Was my car some kind of rare one-off that I let slip away?
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Hello to all! Empty Re: Hello to all!

Post by coreys73chevelle on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:05 am

Welcome to g3gm! hopefully we can relocate that Malibu
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by j on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:07 am

welcome Rago !! i think the 76 malibu's all had dual rectangle headlights and small rectangle quarter windows ?? unless yours was one of the leftover 75 versions ?? i think the 76 and 77's are identicall except for the grills... anyway cant wait to see some picts !!!
j
j
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:43 am

Alright, I found some pics. Look at the taillights. Definitely not a 75. I bought this from the original owner, an older lady. When I got it, it still had the original paint, everything matched. Of course I was 17, so it didn't stay that way. I shot primer to it & changed the wheels often. It was my learning car. I learned body work, engine work, & just how to take care of a car. Definitely needed after what I did to the 70 in the background of the bottom pic.

I had a heavy right foot. Very Happy
Hello to all! 76_che10
Trust me... not all 76s came with 4 headlights & small quarters I am 100% sure of that.

Hello to all! 76_che11
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:39 pm

j wrote:welcome Rago !! i think the 76 malibu's all had dual rectangle headlights and small rectangle quarter windows ?? unless yours was one of the leftover 75 versions ?? i think the 76 and 77's are identicall except for the grills... anyway cant wait to see some picts !!!
just to clarify NOT ALL 76's had the dual headlights it depends on the trim level for most most had 4 but some had the single and they werent left overs just the model of the vehicle and trim level (from what i have gathered) in my search's

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude on Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:34 pm

Thanks for backing me up on that one. I think the pics speak for themselves. BTW 76 Laguna's had single headlights as well. Wink

OK, so explain the trim levels to me. Mine was a 1976 Malibu Classic with obvious body options. It had a 350 2 barrel engine, TH350 trans, vinyl bench seat, A/C, manual windows & door locks, silver with blue interior. Going from this was it a lower optioned car with the larger engine? What option gave the big quarter window vs small? I have lost sleep wondering about this stuff. I'd like to find another, but keep coming up empty handed.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:57 pm

Rago wrote:Alright, I found some pics. Look at the taillights. Definitely not a 75.
Hello to all! 76_che12
your tails are 76 these are 77 (which i prefer for my 76 laguna better and yes i knew ALL laguna's ALWAYS HAD SINGLE headlight) i will post the 75"s in a minute

Hello to all! Limey_10

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:01 pm

and hard to tell in pic but the 75 tail light are more angled at top and have a bowtie in the tail light red part and the back up light is much much smaller

Hello to all! 1236885929-wlk001f
Hello to all! B4a7_1

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:17 pm

Limey aka Maligoon wrote:your tails are 76 these are 77 (which i prefer for my 76 laguna better and yes i knew ALL laguna's ALWAYS HAD SINGLE headlight) i will post the 75"s in a minute

I knew that, just clarifying for J. Wait 77 Laguna??? That didn't happen... I am seeing that pic right ain't I? Must be swapped taillights or emblem huh?

I never really cared for 75 tails, they remind me of a Nova or some Chrysler product. It's like they took a beautiful sculpture & let a 10 year old finish the rear. Odd that's the only year of tails I don't care for, the other years all look like they belong.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:21 pm

Rago wrote:
Limey aka Maligoon wrote:your tails are 76 these are 77 (which i prefer for my 76 laguna better and yes i knew ALL laguna's ALWAYS HAD SINGLE headlight) i will post the 75"s in a minute

I knew that, just clarifying for J. Wait 77 Laguna??? That didn't happen... I am seeing that pic right ain't I? Must be swapped taillights or emblem huh?

I never really cared for 75 tails, they remind me of a Nova or some Chrysler product. It's like they took a beautiful sculpture & let a 10 year old finish the rear. Odd that's the only year of tails I don't care for, the other years all look like they belong.
yea i never liked the big white back up lights and that whats the car had when i found it, but yes its a 1976 lime green (original) Slant nose laguna

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:53 pm

Sweeeeet! I saw one very similar sitting in a field when I owned mine. I went back a couple of years after I lost mine, but it was gone. The owner got tired of looking at it & scrapped it Sad . If memory serves me right, it was in fair condition with minimal rust. It makes me mad that I have a rotted shell of a 71 with no title that people have offered $500 for; but when it comes to G3s, even good ones like that are junked.

I'd stick with the green, that's definitely an eye grabber. Very Happy
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:22 pm

hey welcome to G3GM from another Okie!

Hello to all! SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 on Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:45 am

WELCOME, Rago!!!

Smile

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...MidW Event = 04/04/09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"It's just a matter of time" ... TG Sheppard ... 'Somewhere Down The Line'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS on Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:19 am

hey rago

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/1101773699.html

is that the old car possibly?

Hello to all! SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler on Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:49 pm

Nice, but does it have a good title? Who's name is it in, the son away at college or Pop's? Wish I had the money to get it, I would snaop it up. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude on Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:53 am

BlackChevelleSS wrote:hey rago

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/1101773699.html

is that the old car possibly?

If I didn't know any better, I'd say it was! But I do know better, I still have the title packed away somewhere. Man that brings back memories.

Anybody wanna spare me some change? lol!
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum