G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

77 Malibu New Member

+6
Mcarlo77
JB2wheeler
1973 454 MONTE
Dead Man
77mali
Laguna Budman
10 posters

Go down

77 Malibu New Member Empty 77 Malibu New Member

Post by Hawk03 Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:17 pm

Hey guys I just found and joined the forum. I've had my 1977 Malibu Classic since I was 16, got it in 1995. While in high school I did some work on it, had it repainted, new vinyl top and reupholstered the seats. I haven't driven it too much and its been sitting two states away in parent's barn for the last 10 plus years. It needs quite a bit of work to get it looking the way I want it. It needs new quarter panels, trunk floor and other sheet metal work. If I could weld and paint I would be able to get the body looking better. The only pictures I have on my computer are from 8 years ago and not the best quality. I had to post some pics so these are the best I have. The interior is red with white swivel bucket seats.

77 Malibu New Member Malibu11

77 Malibu New Member Malibu13

77 Malibu New Member Malibu14
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

77 Malibu New Member Empty Re: 77 Malibu New Member

Post by Laguna Budman Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:56 pm

Looks like you have a good start. There are many people here with a wide knowledge of these cars. Welcome aboard.
Laguna Budman
Laguna Budman
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:04 pm

Nice Chevelle, welcome.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Man Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:52 pm

nice,welcome
Dead Man
Dead Man
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:15 am

welcome
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:54 pm

Nice car, hope you get it finilized. You sure can tell the differance in the frontal wind resistance between the two cars in the pictures JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:07 pm

JB2wheeler wrote:Nice car, hope you get it finilized. You sure can tell the differance in the frontal wind resistance between the two cars in the pictures JB

Ha...I think that same thing when I look at the front of my Monte vs. newer daily driver! Like pushing a block of wood through water.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Graham Perkins Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:52 pm

Welcome!

It's cool that you have kept your car from when you were a teenager. I hope you get it fixed up again.

Good luck Graham
Graham Perkins
Graham Perkins
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:56 am

Thanks Guys! I've been reading through some of the other threads already and learning/relearning things about the car. When I went to college I had all intentions of working on the car when I graduated but was offered a job in a different state so that put things on the back burner. I've been lucky to have a place to store it otherwise I know I wouldn't have the car still.

My dad usually starts it every few months to keep the fluids flowing and it pops off every time. It has a 305 with a four barrel carb we put on and a custom exhaust. Interior needs some work but the most critical is the sheet metal.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grand73am Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:27 pm

I like your car. 77's one of my faves. I bought a 77 Malibu Classic brand new back in 77.
I'm wondering why you have a Malibu grille, instead of a Malibu Classic grille though? Did you change it, or was it that way when you bought it?

Grand73am
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainstain Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:17 am

Man I love those stacked headlights.. There's a 77 for sale locally but man it's beat..

Brainstain
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:16 am

Grand73am wrote:I like your car. 77's one of my faves. I bought a 77 Malibu Classic brand new back in 77.
I'm wondering why you have a Malibu grille, instead of a Malibu Classic grille though? Did you change it, or was it that way when you bought it?

Thanks guys! I changed the grille. A guy we knew bought a Malibu (I think it was a 76) to race on a dirt track and had some parts left over. I think the original grille was showing some age and this one looked better. I changed it back in '98 so its been a while since I've seen the other one. I also have an all chrome grille but I couldn't get that one to fit right, the holes wouldn't line up. I still have that one too.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down