Hello From SW MI

Go down

Hello From SW MI Empty Hello From SW MI

Post by Redsway76 on Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:16 pm

Hello all my name is Ryan i was originally a ford guy then i turned 16 then i became a wahtever i own kinda guy well life story short i am now 24 and have a 2 year old son been married for 2 years and along the lines purchased a 1976 Malibu classic 2 door this car is roguh it currently sits with no vinyl top and paitned primer black top with orinigal faded red lower half. no option car i mean no options i have since added a 600cfm edelbrcok carb and performer manifold to the tired 305 but that motor is going in a plow truck so now im working on building up a 350 for it so any help pointers and tips you got feel free to share my biggest problem right now is getting money but car wise i gotta cut and modify my crossmember to handle dual exhaust i am good welder and an ASE certified technician. but this car has no intentions of being a shwo car just a fast street car. any ways thats a long short intro so ill be tlaking to you all eventually im sure. bounce
Redsway76
Redsway76
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Hello From SW MI Empty Re: Hello From SW MI

Post by Limey SE on Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:00 pm

welcome aboard buddy, glad you found us hydro has a crossmember you need for dual exhaust BUT its powder coated and a cost of 200 buck a roo's ........fresh gasket kit for complete engine if it has sat more than 8 months (just my opinion on that timeframe) 41 buxs at box part store cheap insurance against previous owners neglect with motor.

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Redsway76 on Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:22 pm

oo yea the whole motor is torn down at the moment getting ready for machine shop
Redsway76
Redsway76
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by j on Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:13 pm

welcome bryan !! your intentions sound good, dont worry...you can build a good running small block very reasonable nowdays. just remember, you dont need a bunch of trick parts to make 350-400 hp. it can be done with mostly stock parts (cast crank, stock rods with arp bolts, flat top pistons...cast or hyp, and stock heads gasket matched with 2.02/1.6 valves, and a hyd or solid cam . add an alum intake and holley carb and you'll be in buisness !!! j (jeff)
j
j
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by j on Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:21 am

forgot to mention...i am from toledo ohio, about a mile from michigan !! if you need anything let me know.
j
j
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS on Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:34 am

welcome to G3GM

Hello From SW MI SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 on Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:55 pm

WELCOME Smile

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"An open road and a road that's hidden" ... Steve Wariner ... 'Brand New Life (Who's The Boss?)'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum