G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what they used for derby cars when g3's were new

+3
dynchel
Brainstain
Landonus
7 posters

G3GM :: Media :: Videos

Go down

what they used for derby cars when g3's were new Empty what they used for derby cars when g3's were new

Post by dynchel Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:30 am

a little demolition dreby action fron 1973.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

what they used for derby cars when g3's were new Empty Re: what they used for derby cars when g3's were new

Post by Landonus Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:21 pm

I bet one derby lasted for days!
Landonus
Landonus
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

what they used for derby cars when g3's were new Empty Re: what they used for derby cars when g3's were new

Post by Brainstain Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:23 pm

Those old FoMoCo's are tough. I helped build a 59 Edsel 2 years ago. A local guy ran a 64 Galaxie wagon with a 01 Crown Vic front clip from the firewall forward last year and it was a retardedly hard car.

Brainstain
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:27 pm

seen one car there had a w head bbc
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:55 pm

Even though i love a good demo derby, my stomach hurts when I see a good classic car go to waste.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:58 pm

Aside from the Chrysler that wins. None of the other cars were "classics" in 1973.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:05 pm

Neither were our cars in the 80's & 90's when they were getting torn up. Need more imports on in the derby pit. Very Happy

77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:08 pm

Amen brother. Did you see the stock car video from'87?
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:49 pm

now they got classes for lil cars lots of cavi, celebs, grand ams ect even the hondas ect
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:58 pm

dynchel wrote:Amen brother. Did you see the stock car video from'87?

Yes- that was a neat find. I have fond memories of those days (late 70's early 80's)- I was young but remember Petty, Dale Sr. & Yarborough, etc.

I had a Richard Petty #43 Lunchbox. (The Superbird version in 4th grade...1976/77???) Very Happy
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:23 am

These are still in use in the south. When I lived in AZ there were two guys running a 57 and 55 chevy at the local dirt track.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Biomedtech Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:13 am

Still waiting for The Malachi Crunch!
Biomedtech
Biomedtech
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:55 pm

LOL

Happy Days!
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down