G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter Sucks!

+13
WyldeBill66
dragons_lair59
1973 454 MONTE
pila
Pontichev327
77mali
dynchel
thatfnthing
Limey SE
ant7377
Tom77
Bruisr
michiganlarry
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Winter Sucks! Empty Winter Sucks!

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:33 pm

Just had another few inches of snow...followed by an Arctic cold front with windchills below zero. We've got snow up the arse and still no real signs of a significant warmup for the foreseeable future. We aren't going to get rid of the snow piles for weeks at this rate! I, for one, have just about reached my tolerance limit with winter. Thinking about moving to the desert and forming a G3 commune. Who's with me?!! Laughing
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Winter Sucks! Empty Re: Winter Sucks!

Post by pila Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:48 pm

Count me in !! I'll bring my steel guitar & play some Hawaiian music for ya Very Happy
Pila is my name in Hawaiian by the way ! Very Happy Another four-letter word !!

And it's blowing & snowing here too Mad

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:58 pm

F___ Winter! Jack Frost can suck it. 10" on the ground this morning & it's still coming down. SUCKS! Mad

I was talkin to the better half about Hawaii upon retirement. One can dream.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:22 pm

[quote="77mali"]F___ Winter! Jack Frost can suck it. 10" on the ground this morning & it's still coming down. SUCKS! Mad

My, my...sounds like someone else is about to SNAP!!

I'd be perfectly happy living under a palm tree on the sands of Hawaii! Wife can live wherever she wants...JUST KIDDING, HONEY!!
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:27 pm

LOL...Cabin fever.... drunken

Been one of the snowiest winters in recent memory.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:53 pm

I guess i wont complain, its cold here with a few flakes falling, but no real accumulation.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:00 pm

At least you guys have had a little taste of Spring here and there...haven't you? I don't think we've seen 40 degrees but once or twice the past 6 wks. Hell, it's been all it could do to get above freezing for a few days. I'm about to go smack the neighbor's snowman right in the face!
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:05 pm

Yeah, march 10th was 69 degrees. We've been getting warn up's (40's) just to get really cold again. Plus the city i live in is right on the lake erie shoreline, we usually miss the brunt of the snow which usually starts getting bad 2 or 3 miles further south.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:06 pm

It was in the 40's & even hit 50 here last week & it was a welcome break.

Won't be long now though. Usually by the 2nd week of April we see mid 50's sometimes even low 60's. Man I can't wait.

Here's a little summer for everyone that needs it.
sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:13 pm

It's brass monkey cold, and windy here today. No working on the project until about Thursday.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:26 pm

Were you in the Navy? I haven't heard that term in forever!

Here's my "Freeze indicators" LOL

Winter Sucks! Brass_10
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:36 pm

I personally love the winter it let's me get things done on my project's then spring comes and I get to just curse on around stop in and see my friend Mcarlo77.
Ha

Its been a good winter for me, Yes I'm tired of blowing snow. But I must admit I have the greatest wife in the world. She bought me this brand new in 2002 seeing as I'm a nice guy and do 8 driveways for my neighbors for free.
[/url]]Winter Sucks! Dscn1210[/url]
Keeps them all happy seeing as I work from home. O ya neighbor's also love burn outs we do in front my place also.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:47 pm

Got 3 inches last night. Im f'n sick of it. I thought it was all done about a week ago but nooooooooooo. Comes back again . Wet and heavy too ,why not make it really shitty.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:55 pm

And, if any of you guys in AZ or TX start talking about how bad your sunburns are, I'm going to send a dump truck full of snow down your way and fill your driveways! LOL Winter Sucks! 978692

Still want to go over and kick the neighbor kid's snowman right in the snowballs!
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontichev327 Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:05 pm

You may have noticed I have not said anything yet! jocolor I remember the blizzard of 1978 and have much empathy for you guys! truth is I just had a double hernia surgery 7 days ago and have not been out in the nice weather anyway...
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:13 pm

Rolling Eyes Another storm coming here Friday night. Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang

Forget Hawaii....I'm going to Rio de Janeiro

https://www.google.com/search?q=rio+bikinis&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=Xu9&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=7BpJUaabKbbk4AOjjoCQCg&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1440&bih=781

Hope this works on your browser. Very Happy

77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:46 pm

It better be coming from the north Paul. I swear Im so freakin annoyed with this stuff.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:59 pm

Aaaahhhhh......Hawaii is hard to beat. And the girls are......well you know what I mean ! I've played steel guitar in Hawaii a few times, and it really is paradise Very Happy And hula girls ..........well.....

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruisr Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:31 am

I feel for you guys, no pun intended, But just wait. Us desert dwellers will get ours in about 3 months. I say, BRING IT! I'll take 110-119 degrees anytime over snow and ice. I don't know how you guys do it, but My hats off to you all, just not too long, I'll burn my head!! LOL!!
Bruisr
Bruisr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:56 am

Bruisr wrote: I feel for you guys, no pun intended, But just wait. Us desert dwellers will get ours in about 3 months. I say, BRING IT! I'll take 110-119 degrees anytime over snow and ice. I don't know how you guys do it, but My hats off to you all, just not too long, I'll burn my head!! LOL!!

I don't know how you guys put up w/ that either. A couple years ago my car thermometer hit 105 in a really freak week long heat wave up here...I was very happy there is this thing called air conditioning. But it's not really the heat, it's the humidity Wink ... Why can't it just be 80-85 with a cool breeze all the time? I can't imagine what 119 feels like, nor do I want to know.Laughing
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:07 am

My brother lives in Houston, he says this is the Time of the year everyone likes. Because even if you live there its to hot and humid in the summer to do anything outside.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by michiganlarry Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:04 am

I know I am tired of it. Went out to the garage last night and lit my woodstove so I could install the gas tank and fuel pump last night. Went in the house to have dinner and still froze my a$$ off. Could only stay out there for 2 hours. I am ready for spring.
michiganlarry
michiganlarry
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:39 am

its funny being its the first day of spring, and i look out my shop window and it looks like a winter wonderland outside. santa i feel what you guys were bitching about yesterday. Mad I am so ready for warmer weather.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:30 am

Coldest first day of Spring here since '65 (4 degrees with -15 windchill)! Last year we were at 79 degrees on this date.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:18 am

I was just sayin that to the wife. Only 9 years and 9 months till no more work and south we go!!!!!!!!! cheers
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next