G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now I've seen everything GM & Furd Partnership?

5 posters

Go down

Now I've seen everything GM & Furd Partnership? Empty Now I've seen everything GM & Furd Partnership?

Post by 77mali Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:29 pm

I was surprised to read this but I guess I shouldn't be. I think this has to do with the upcoming mandated MPG standards.

Check it out.
http://www.amosauto.com/Articles/General/News/Furd-and-gm-work-together

77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Now I've seen everything GM & Furd Partnership? Empty Re: Now I've seen everything GM & Furd Partnership?

Post by 77mali Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:31 pm

Cut & paste it to your browser- & change the E back to an O in F*O*R*D

the F'n thing changes it to "FERD" LOL

77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Now I've seen everything GM & Furd Partnership? Empty Re: Now I've seen everything GM & Furd Partnership?

Post by thatfnthing Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:43 pm

Interesting. Apparently, it's not even the first time.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:01 pm

I hope they don't build any CVT's....I had a huge problem with the one on my Mercury- BIG BUCKS to fix them. Give me a TH400, 700R4 or 4L60/80 w/ 8 or 10 gears lol
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:06 pm

Furd has used cvt's in the past (freestyle comes to mind) but most NOT use regular old transmissions. I have never run into a gm using a CVT transmission.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:12 pm

Freestyle, Sable/Montego, Taurus/500...vintage 2004-2008

STAY AWAY FROM THEM...they don't make parts for these transmissions anymore- they rebuild them from junked/totaled cars and they usually have to get 2 or 3 to make 1 good rebuilt unit. I'd tell you what it costs but you'd Turd your pants.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:48 pm

Don't feel bad about no parts available.....my '92 Chevy pickup needed a trans output seal when it was 2 years old.....dealer said no parts available for that transmission, which is a 5-speed stick, a 5LM60 If I remember correctly.
So GM put the meat to me in only 2 years after I bought it new.
Screw them....

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by McCauley5983 Tue May 14, 2013 6:25 pm

i like my old stuff built by me maintained by me driven by me when it breaks its only me too blame. Besides if stuff didnt break i wouldnt learn anything. By the way got to love a super 10
McCauley5983
McCauley5983
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down