G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where did you mount your electric fuel pump?

+4
74Malibu383
thatfnthing
JiMi_DRiX
wbaker01
8 posters

Go down

Where did you mount your electric fuel pump? Empty Where did you mount your electric fuel pump?

Post by wbaker01 Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:29 pm

I'm leaning towards going back to an electric fuel pump on the car. Previously I had an electric pump on the car and had mounted in a little spot right above the passenger side lower control arm which made it easy for the fuel line connection. This spot worried me due to concerns about the control arm travel.

So now I'm looking at installing a Holley Blue pump on the car and am thinking of mounting on the outside frame rail behind the passenger side rear tire. I'm concerned with road debris but could build a shield.

Where do you have your electric pump mounted if you are running one? And pics if you have them..

Thanks,
Bill

wbaker01
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Where did you mount your electric fuel pump? Empty Re: Where did you mount your electric fuel pump?

Post by JiMi_DRiX Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:32 am

I can take some pictures later, not sure if I have any already, but I mounted mine in the trunk up where the spare tire use to go. Line comes up, through the pump, and back down again.
JiMi_DRiX
JiMi_DRiX
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Where did you mount your electric fuel pump? Empty Re: Where did you mount your electric fuel pump?

Post by thatfnthing Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:52 am

In the tank. Out of sight, out of mind. And quiet.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:51 pm

It's recomended low and close to tank because the work more efficient as a pusher not a puller
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:31 am

What Sam said.....close to the tank......

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:51 am

Also make sure you have a good fuel pressure regulator
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:01 am

I mounted my A-1000 pump on the frame right above the rear end. I was concerned about it being higher than the tank, but after talking to the Aeromotive guys, I felt better. The guy told me that although it is a pusher not a puller, I could mount it on the roof and it would still be powerful enough to get the job done. He also recommended a -10 line from the sump to the pump to make sure it never cavitated. It's never given me any problems.

However, years ago, I mounted a Holley Red pump in the same spot and it left me stranded one day.... Bad pump? Bad location? Not sure.
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:53 am

Unfortunatly I've heard both good and bad with holley pumps been told that they like to over heat and shorten the life span. But have never heard a bad thing about aeromotive pumps. And they have a better selection for a better match of what size ya need for motor size.but that's my .02
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bracketchev1221 Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:02 pm

Keep the pump low, and let it gravity feed if you can. But my opinion is, I wouldn't go with an electric unless you really need one. You can get up to a 130 gph mechanical pump and a 110 is plenty for deep into the 11's.
bracketchev1221
bracketchev1221
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:14 am

Which carb are you using ? It does make a difference in what pressure you need.....

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:27 am

bracketchev1221 wrote:Keep the pump low, and let it gravity feed if you can.  But my opinion is, I wouldn't go with an electric unless you really need one.  You can get up to a 130 gph mechanical pump and a 110 is plenty for deep into the 11's.  

Agree  !  Thumbs up

Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down