G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's it called and where can I get one? HELP!

5 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Go down

What's it called and where can I get one? HELP! Empty What's it called and where can I get one? HELP!

Post by Steelflex Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:00 pm

Hello all, I'm working on a 75 Malibu Classic that had a full vinyl roof. The material is long gone except for some residual. There is a metal cover of some sort between the front portion of the drip rail molding and the windshield. It isn't the windshield trim. They cover the front pillar. They have a dimpled texture. One of mine on the passenger side is damaged beyond cosmetic repair. What is it? What is it called? Where can I get one?
Steelflex
Steelflex
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

What's it called and where can I get one? HELP! Empty Re: What's it called and where can I get one? HELP!

Post by Laguna Budman Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:31 pm

A-Piller moulding. If you are putting a vinyl top back on you will need to find a textured one again. If leaving it off there are smooth ones for the cars without vinyl. You will need to go to your local salvage yard and take one off unless someone here has an extra.
Laguna Budman
Laguna Budman
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

What's it called and where can I get one? HELP! Empty Re: What's it called and where can I get one? HELP!

Post by Steelflex Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:44 pm

Thank you! I sure hope somebody has one!
Steelflex
Steelflex
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:27 pm

If I can go without a vinyl I am going to, but I am not sure if I can at this point I should know more in the next few weeks. I will need the ones without the vinyl pattern if I can work it out. Ill try to remember you when the time comes if you don't find something.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:47 pm

You can carefully sand those smooth. (carefully!!!)
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:18 am

sorry i saw this post to late. but this is what you need.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281157128987?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down