G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1000 + hp '73 chevelle drag car

3 posters

G3GM :: Media :: Videos

Go down

1000 + hp '73 chevelle drag car Empty 1000 + hp '73 chevelle drag car

Post by dynchel Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:36 pm

Heres a pretty cool '73, I like the bumper treatment...not so much the drilled out door handles. Clapp
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

1000 + hp '73 chevelle drag car Empty Re: 1000 + hp '73 chevelle drag car

Post by StockEliminator Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:07 pm

I just came across this thread.

The car is a Finnish Street/Race car. I believe it was built around 2000 and then it had a Big Block Chevy with Twin Turbos under the fiberglass front end. If I remember correctly it ran mid 8 second passes back then, driven by a female driver. It was painted with the blue color that you can see in the trunk on that video. It definitely was lightened as much as possible. The doors are completely full of holes from inside. Laughing

After that it was equipped with a naturally aspirated Big Block Chevy and it ran high 8 second ETs or low 9's. I can't remember for sure, though. It was also a Street legal car with that engine combination (The rules here in Finland aren't so free than they are in the USA, so it's really rare to have a true 8 second street legal car here).

After a couple of years not being raced, it was bought by a guy who installed yet another naturally aspirated BBC under the hood and he ran with this car on the 2014 season in Real Street. Best ET was something like 11.0, but I can't remember for sure.

It has a basically stock front suspension, as Real Street rules say.

It is a very cool car that runs very well. Here is a short video of it, filmed in 2014.

I'm pretty sure I have more video material of it from the earlier years, but they are not in digital form. Once I get them digitalized (Is that a real word in English Shocked ?) I'll try to remember post them here.
StockEliminator
StockEliminator
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

1000 + hp '73 chevelle drag car Empty Re: 1000 + hp '73 chevelle drag car

Post by Famstyle Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:21 pm

SWEET!
Famstyle
Famstyle
G3GM Member