G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ohio Tech Classic Car Restoration degree

+2
pila
thatfnthing
6 posters

Go down

Ohio Tech Classic Car Restoration degree Empty Ohio Tech Classic Car Restoration degree

Post by driveit Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:33 pm

Thinking of checking it out. They do restoration for everything on a car from the ground up, inside and out. Sounds interesting! Anyone hear it, been through it or known someone who has?
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Ohio Tech Classic Car Restoration degree Empty Re: Ohio Tech Classic Car Restoration degree

Post by dynchel Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:56 pm

I've known several people that went through the regular automotive school., and the diesel school offered at OTC, but not through the classic car restoration training. I have seen some cars come out of there and they were really nice.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Ohio Tech Classic Car Restoration degree Empty Re: Ohio Tech Classic Car Restoration degree

Post by driveit Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:01 pm

I would love to go through that. I just don't know if I could make a better living at it once I got out of if it would be another wild goose chase.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:12 pm

You probably could, but it's like anything else -- it will be a hard slog initially to find customers until your name and reputation get around. Unless you have a huge marketing budget. Smile

thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:31 pm

Nothing in my pockets, but a pocket knife some keys and a nearly maxed out credit card.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:37 pm

It might be like the aviation business........start out with 3 million, and you may even make a million at some point...

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:46 am

pila wrote:It might be like the aviation business........start out with 3 million, and you may even make a million at some point...
Thats an easy industry for billionaires to become millionaires. I left aviation world after 13 crazy years this year. Still love me some airplanes but I'm enjoying the stability and income more Cool 

Driveit, you may want to check to see if you can qualify for some grants, scholarships or other programs to decrease your out of pocket cost.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:20 am

Yeah. I would definitely have to do that. I don't know. I just think it would be too hard for my family. I don't know how I would be able to work and go to school full time and ever get to see them. I barely make enough where I am currently to keep us a float. I am sure if I moved I would not get close to what I make now.

I don't know. Still thinkin. Just wish I could find something that I love to do and make money at it.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:35 am

You could live near there really cheap as its in the "hood" of Cleveland.afro
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:06 am

hmm... Not sure if I want my family in "the hood". lol..
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:48 pm

There's a guy in Eastern KY (forget exactly where right now) who is really good at that. Maybe you could get a job with him on a learn as you go basis. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:01 pm

Not sure. I'll just keep praying and searching.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down