G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

end of radiation

+9
Dinomyte
orange Juiced
Wallyuph
JB2wheeler
thatfnthing
w451973
454fourspeedss
fishhead
dynchel
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

end of radiation - Page 2 Empty Re: end of radiation

Post by pila Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:02 am

My good intentions didn't work out today. After I picked up a new starter I didn't feel up to fooling with it. Maybe tomorrow will be a better shot at it....

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:51 pm

OK guys.....it's Miller time !!  Very Happy  Very Happy 

I have the broken bolt out of the block ! Very Happy  I drilled a 1/8" hole through the piece, and used a Snap-On easy-out to back it out. The Snap-On type has a short spiral, with a shoulder on it, to keep from it going in too far & expanding the piece being removed.

Now I need new bolts. The local auto parts stores (3) didn't have the correct bolts, so Monday I'm gonna go to a local dealer & get some new OEM bolts. The knurled part of the remaining bolt doesn't look good, so two new ones is the way I'm going.

Thanks for all the encouragement guys !! My back is sore as hell, but the job is getting done !! Very Happy 

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:35 am

Just think about driving that thing down the highway. A warm summer day, a little breeze. No radio or nothing to distract you from the beauty and the comforting, but exhilarating sound of a V8's exhaust as it rumbles in a perfect rhythm. A nice curvy road with nature all around. Shifting through the gears with the throttle buried, just like God intended.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:53 am

driveit wrote:Just think about driving that thing down the highway.  A warm summer day, a little breeze.  No radio or nothing to distract you from the beauty and the comforting, but exhilarating sound of a V8's exhaust as it rumbles in a perfect rhythm.  A nice curvy road with nature all around.  Shifting through the gears with the throttle buried, just like God intended.

Poetic perfection! I'm thinking about that curvy tree lined 2 lane road right now.
GoFast 
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:46 pm

Today I went to the local Chevy dealer and bought two new starter bolts. Last week I bought an exchange starter with a lifetime (?) warranty. So now it's back together.
Luckily the starter getting cockeyed in there didn't damage the ring gear on the flywheel.
So life is good for that part ! Very Happy 
I used my partner's '84 pickup to do some running around today. It was our "gas truck" when we were able to use auto gas in the airplanes. It has a 250 gallon tank & pump in the front of the bed, under the topper. No use for it now, since the approval for auto gas doesn't include ethanol, which is bad for any engine in my opinion.
So I need to do a bit of work on the gas truck too.....noisy speedometer is irritating, power steering belt squeals sometimes etc. The truck has the 350 engine & 350 trans that I rebuilt, that was in my Malibu, before the 408 went in, so it's a good truck.

The problem with my back is gradually easing off, but I keep busy anyway.
And thanks for all the kind words folks !! Very Happy 

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:07 pm

driveit wrote:Just think about driving that thing down the highway.  A warm summer day, a little breeze.  No radio or nothing to distract you from the beauty and the comforting, but exhilarating sound of a V8's exhaust as it rumbles in a perfect rhythm.  A nice curvy road with nature all around.  Shifting through the gears with the throttle buried, just like God intended.

Is it wrong that I was aroused by reading this?  Clapp  Dreaming of summer already...
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:37 am

I believe us guys in the North country are already thinking about summer when the leaves are falling in the fall season.  Very Happy 

We are still covered with ice, on & under the snow..... Head Bang 

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:04 am

It's been so persistently cold here for the whole month of Dec. (except for a one-day warming last Sat.) that I feel like those scientists who are ice-bound on their ship in Antarctica! Those guys/gals have nothing on us here in MN!
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: