G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SwitchBiker here, Hello G3GM members

Go down

SwitchBiker here, Hello G3GM members Empty SwitchBiker here, Hello G3GM members

Post by switchbiker on Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:25 pm

I recently purchased a 1973 Laguna, one of the cars that's been on my bucket list and I actually came across a decent one. Like any good project car, it's a pretty solid machine but definately in need of some TLC. My goal for the car is to turn it into a Pro Touring style car that handles and drives above average, big brakes, big wheels/tires etc.. I posted some pictures on my blog, thats also where I will be doing all detailed progress/upgrades at, just lookup lagunatour73 at blogspot if you want to have a look at it. Nice to be here.
switchbiker
switchbiker
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

SwitchBiker here, Hello G3GM members Empty Re: SwitchBiker here, Hello G3GM members

Post by BK-75 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:50 am

Great looking car!  Reading your blog, awesome journey so far and I like your future plans.

Adding your link: http://lagunatour73.blogspot.com/

Welcome!
BK-75
BK-75
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

SwitchBiker here, Hello G3GM members Empty Re: SwitchBiker here, Hello G3GM members

Post by switchbiker on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:15 am

Thanks! been browsing the forums for a couple hours now and my gears are definately turning. I think the biggest struggle I am having is the order in which I want to tackle the projects.
switchbiker
switchbiker
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel on Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:50 am

Nice car & welcome to the forum.  santa 
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973montec on Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:32 am

welcome to the 'we have done it all" forum. there are alot of different ideas here. glad you found us.
1973montec
1973montec
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph on Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:52 am

Welcome
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing on Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:59 am

Welcome!
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte on Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:50 pm

Welcome, nice ride.  I'm sure the pro touring look will be very cool.

If this is what you're thinking all I can say is  GoFast 
Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by pila on Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:58 pm

Welcome to the fun ! This is a great place, with great people. Very Happy  Good luck with your project.

BILL

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by switchbiker on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:09 pm

Dinomyte wrote:Welcome, nice ride.  I'm sure the pro touring look will be very cool.

youtube.com/v/0Gaewg3RepU

If this is what you're thinking all I can say is  GoFast 
That is a nice car and definately along the lines of what I was imagining for mine.

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!
switchbiker
switchbiker
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:51 pm

Love the Blog story. Road trips can be the best part some times with getting a new ride.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:47 pm

Welcome to the forum- we like pics Very Happy 
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by switchbiker on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:51 pm

77mali wrote:Welcome to the forum- we like pics Very Happy 
Hi, thanks. as for the pics, I will be posting some here once I really get down to work on this thing, waiting for my garage to be a reasonable temp -3*f is a no-go for working on stuff. Just using my time right now to get a game plan together and do some shopping, I should have a pretty good amount of parts together by the time the weather warms up.
switchbiker
switchbiker
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:58 pm

I haven't done crap as it's been cold here too (not that cold though)...I bought a heater for my little shop $45 @ Home Cheapo...I hope to do some work after XMAS as I have a few days off. Finding time is hard sometimes too but I'm sure you'll get there! I've had mine tore apart since 2011....LOL
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel on Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:07 pm

I have one of those that you mount to a propane tank.  It works well if you put it near you.  I have a (regular in house) furnace for my garage, but have yet to hook it up.  Lacking x-tra $$$$.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by dutch wagon on Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:11 pm

nice ride! i like the lowered stance.

dutch wagon
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit on Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:32 am

Awesome look so far. Enjoyed the story on your blog. Can't wait to see some more pics. Love 73 and 74 Lagunas. Looking for a 73 front end myself for my 74 Malibu.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 on Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:20 pm

Very nice!Welcome.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeBill66 on Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:24 am

Cool car and cool blog so far. Welcome to the site. I look forward to watching your progress on the car.

WyldeBill66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down