G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smokin Chevelle

3 posters

Go down

Smokin Chevelle Empty Smokin Chevelle

Post by driveit Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:42 pm

Last night I remembered that I had to take a movie back that we had rented.  I was dark already when I decided to head out and return it.

I was putting my little girl in the car seat in the Chevelle, when I noticed the smell.  The car was filled with smoke.  I ran in the house and traded my little girl to my wife for a flashlight to go check things out.  The tail lights were on, but not the headlights.  I opened the trunk to smoke billowing out.  The drivers side tail light had melted the housing until the bulb was completely out.  The bulb next to it had already burned out as well.  

This happened once before after I installed the brake booster.  The pedal does not come up as far since the I switched from manual brakes. The pedal is not depressing the switch for the brake lights properly.  I thought I had it rigged up to work, but the switch had actually been punched out of the whole where it is housed and left the lights on for over an hour.  I hope I have a good housing that will work for a replacement.

Last edited by driveit on Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Smokin Chevelle Empty Re: Smokin Chevelle

Post by Joe73 Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:54 pm

This guy has had a set for sale.forever. might vet a good deal from him. http://longisland.craigslist.org/pts/4348854920.html
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:14 pm

Thank you for warning us about this dangerous situation, I am glad your family was not endangered by this. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:38 pm

You are welcome JB and thank you all.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member