G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GOAT

4 posters

Go down

GOAT Empty GOAT

Post by coreys73chevelle Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:41 pm

figured id start a build thread...current car had for almost 2 years. daily for now most likely turn into a weekend car soon.

2004 ls1 GTO. 42,000 miles and 1 previous owner (president of the dealer i brought it from)
Holden Monaro in its originating country. most say no but im thinking itll be worth a ton when its a classic (and so does some classic car magazines and actions) a imported austrailian supercar 3 year production, no more pontiac or GTO.. i think it was hemmings???? said it could be a 120 to $180,000 classic. along the lines of the judge

day i brought it home. stopped at my cousins on the way home and installed his old Ported and descreened MAF, and did the throttle body coolant bypass mod and some weight reduction when i got home.

GOAT <a href=GOAT 47525410" />

also added a cabin air filter. in AUS. they guys on the forums say they never use them so i guess GM went without too. But there is a place for one cut out under the wiper cowl. so i got a fram CAF and cut it to size and glued the edge back on and installed it. works good. less dust comes in noticibly.

GOAT <a href=GOAT 47558310" />

Wheels are NOT my thing!, painted them black to get rid of the import scence look lol
GOAT <a href=GOAT 41644610" />

and then this happened... asLownslow75 said Seattle drivers love to brake check at 70mph. ABS went into "fualt" tires and wheel locked up nothing i could do about it $10,800 worth of work
GOAT <a href=GOAT 28501110" />

body shop couldnt find a hood under $1600, that would bump the fix price to "totaled" so i had them install a aftermarket fiberglass hood-Banshee hood. ram air with heat diffusers 10 pounds lighter and only $700 so saved insurance company a lot so they said go for it Smile
came out of the body shop looking better! hood lines up much better than the factory one did cuz when the USA shipped these cars over they put pontiac bumpers on the front that are a bit different than the holdens

GOAT <a href=GOAT Wk158_10" />

also painted the lower section on the front bumper to replicate the Sport Apperance Package style bumper, and painted the silver grilled black. with black overlays on the sidemarkers and blacked over the red on the arrowhead

GOAT <a href=GOAT 57774410" />

3000K HIDs in the fog lights, big difference in output
GOAT <a href=GOAT 84388410" />

read that the BCM (body control module) harness rubs on a metal mount for the glove box so fixed that problem too. Mine didnt have any rub at all but did it as precuation anyways. just a few ziptires some wire loom and electricals tape/foam padding too keep it off the metal.

Last edited by coreys73chevelle on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:14 pm; edited 5 times in total
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

GOAT Empty Re: GOAT

Post by coreys73chevelle Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:42 pm

Wingless!

[img]GOAT Coreyp10[/img]
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:44 pm

SLP LoudMouth 1, goodle pic i know lol but no pictures.

GOAT <a href=GOAT Th10" />

Last edited by coreys73chevelle on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:46 pm

[img]GOAT Thcarg10[/img]

put about 20k on the car so far aaaand tranny went out. i got a extended warranty so it paid for itself! Full rebuild (so they say) but looks to me like a brand new tranny all together lol probobly got one out of the junkyard but whatever

added a tranny cooler when i got home from picking it up Smile
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:04 pm

Very nice, I told everyone I was gonna buy one of those (new) but they weren't out yet.  So I looked at a marauder which had just came out.(couldn't afford it) so I bought a new '03 crown Victoria.  Still have it, still like it, but really wish I'd held out for the gto. Rolling Eyes
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:05 pm

hit 200 pounds of weight reduction today.

Thanks to lownslow75! got rid of the stock headunit that wont play CD's and now have an IPOD hookup.

[img]GOAT 98843010[/img]
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:08 pm

dynchel wrote:Very nice, I told everyone I was gonna buy one of those (new) but they weren't out yet.  So I looked at a marauder which had just came out.(couldn't afford it) so I bought a new '03 crown Victoria.  Still have it, still like it, but really wish I'd held out for the gto. Rolling Eyes

Theyre only like 9k now pricate party! wish i went that route instead of from a dealer. 16k after a taxes... cant imagine paying 30-40 grand new for this car lol  Thumbs up 
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:03 pm

GOAT <a href=GOAT 10155510" />

Gutted both cats... now it sounds like true duals SHOULD! :)Yes i know its illegal (car is registetered in smog exempt town) and bad for you.. I wore a resperator. anyone doing this i advise you wear one also nasty nasty dust!

Quick video of the sound

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4080617750911&id=1746581377

Last edited by coreys73chevelle on Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:26 pm

Hit a curb being a dipship... steering wheel is off.

got it on a rack and the Cradle was pushed out of alighnment and need tie rods.. Got tie rods ordered, and the cradle back n place and hopefully just an alighnment after theyre installed and ill be good.

also got new pads and rotors on the way lol excited bout that since i am ridin on pretty much nothing!

AND A TUNE!! 2 hours on a laptop and i have a tune for full bolt ons. feels wayyyyyy better. better gas milage already. and shift points are changed, downshifts way quicker, shifts way firmer, lot lot more powerful feeling.
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chevellelaguna Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:10 pm

I love that they brought these back, friggen fast too!!looks awesome! Crappy that you hit a curb, least you didn't do much damage!
chevellelaguna
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:29 am

Forgot about this lol

GOAT <a href=GOAT Screen11" />
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:14 am

Good move on taking the wing off. Ruins the look of that car.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:28 pm

GOAT <a href=GOAT 20140410" />

Dont mind these dumb pics's lol trying to get them posted somewhere else. phones being wierd

Last edited by coreys73chevelle on Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:30 pm

[img]GOAT 20140411[/img]
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member