G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love my Malibu!!

+8
Wallyuph
thatfnthing
Tom77
Limey SE
pila
Mcarlo77
LSANTI76
77mali
12 posters

Go down

Love my Malibu!! Empty Love my Malibu!!

Post by Colonnade Mattie Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:51 pm

I really like cruising around in my old 77 Malibu Z03...I got it running sweet!! I don't care what anyone thinks about it..you never see them around here anymore..I told my neighbor it's a 69 camaro and he believed me..no one knows what these are.Love my Malibu!! Image-38
Colonnade Mattie
Colonnade Mattie
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Love my Malibu!! Empty Re: Love my Malibu!!

Post by 77mali Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:41 pm

LOL. Our cars are better than Camaro's.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:48 pm

Amen brother(s) jocolor
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:59 pm

Go to any local car show and you'll see 50 Camaros...yawn.  Sleep 

If you're lucky, you might see 1 or 2 G3's. Much more interesting, if you ask me.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by LSANTI76 Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:44 pm

Mattie. With dual antennas,pinstripes,partial vinyl roof & rake... it gives your Malibu (Camaro) a great looking stance! Your whole combination really accents our 73-77's fastback rear window styles. One thing about having a 73-77 G3 is that usually there isn't one around of 50 mile radius of another one. So it catches some people of guard when they actually see a 73-77 G3. In some ways its nice not having a not as popular classic car.
LSANTI76
LSANTI76
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonnade Mattie Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:02 pm

They ride nice and the 400 has enough power to move it around good with being too bad on gas..just gonna cruise it around..not gonna fix it any better than what it is.
Love my Malibu!! Th_trim19F62DD1-D324-48B8-B853-0D6F962282F1
Colonnade Mattie
Colonnade Mattie
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:13 pm

I've been working on my Laguna at my daughter/son-in-law's house in a small town south of the metro area. The few times I've test driven it, people stare at it like they've never seen one before (and, probably haven't!). It definitely gets attention!
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:21 pm

Most people around me know what my car is.  I am constantly being told "i had one of those..." It seems average (non car people) really like it.  The car people all seem stuck up '64/'72 lovers.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:59 pm

"The car people all seem stuck up '64/'72 lovers."[/quote]

Again, just shows most people are like sheep...led by others who are constantly preaching that cars built after '72 just don't qualify as cars of interest.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:29 pm

My '74 Classic had a vinyl roof like that one, so was it a Colonade ?  Anyway I removed it to prevent the roof from rusting more than it was before restoration.

I have the original build sheet, but haven't looked for an RPO...

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonnade Mattie Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:41 pm

Yep all of the 73-77 A body 2 doors are colonade coupes...colonade is their description of the roof posts. Some B bodies could still be had as traditional hardtops with door glass sealed against roll down rear glass..if that makes sense I'm not a great describer type. My roof is rusting out but gonna leave it till the rear window blows out on the highway. The half vinyl top makes it a landau. So it's a Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu classic landau colonade coupe..the longest name of any car in history.
Colonnade Mattie
Colonnade Mattie
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:39 pm

Colonnade Mattie wrote:

Never knew you had Dual antennas whipping in the wind ( Aaron Tippin Country music ) that looks pretty cool Wonder how it would look with a spoiler ? I have a set of them here.
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:04 am

Colonnade Mattie wrote:I really like cruising around in my old 77 Malibu Z03...I got it running sweet!! I don't care what anyone thinks about it..you never see them around here anymore..I told my neighbor it's a 69 camaro and he believed me..no one knows what these are.Love my Malibu!! Image-38

Thats why I have one. Its nice going to shows and cruize ins and not being in a group of them. All though it would be nice to get a big group together once in a while.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:09 am

I enjoy being the odd man out, since more people will stop and talk about my car than the Mustang or Camaro I'm parked next to, though the unusual arrangement underhood probably contributes.

Of course, 'odd man out' is relative, since if a G3 will show up at an event, it's usually a Monte. I think mine is the only 73 left in town, though. I haven't seen another in probably 20 years. I will occasionally see a Cutlass, and last summer I saw a Regal with a stick. Can't remember the last time I saw a Chevelle or a Poncho.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonnade Mattie Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:23 am

In the summer someone drives around Monti in a 4 door 73 Buick sedan like Kojaks which I think is cool and there's a few cutlasses sitting in yards around here but not too many on the roads. There is always a good enough g3 car on craigslist around here but don't see them driving around..dang gas prices kind of takes out the young guys who should be tinkering with these cars.
Colonnade Mattie
Colonnade Mattie
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:59 am

I totally agree with you on loving these cars. I like them so much I even gave up my 56 Belair as its its not as much fun as this car is to me. Cruzing in this 73 is the best for me. Looking forward to new drive train just hope I can get it all done quickly so i can drive it this season yet.
At least i have a back up Laguna to bum around in while I work on the 73.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by RacerS3 Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:25 am

I love to see another Malibu out on the road, Drive it and enjoy. I like the dark green also.
One of the reasons I sold a 69 Camaro SS396 I had, and bought my Laguna, was because there is always a Camaro at a show especially 67-69. But I am always the only Laguna there.
I never understood why the 73-77 cars were so looked down on, even by people who own other Chevelles, especially 64-72 owners. It wasn't always that way. I remember in the 80's there was a club called the "National Chevelle Owners Association" and they included every year Chevelle. In fact, their logo had a circle going around the logo listing the cars or models they covered, including Monte Carlo, El Camino, Laguna on so on. That club does not exist anymore, it went out in the mid 90's I think, as people started defecting to 64-72 only snob clubs that started popping up. I still have a t-shirt from the old N.C.O.A. club. I will see if I can dig it out and post a picture of the logo.
RacerS3
RacerS3
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:40 am

You all have said it very well. I love my 74. I drive it everyday even though it loves the gas. There were 5 g3s at the show this weekend, but I didn't get to talk to any of them,they were not by there cars.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonnade Mattie Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:16 pm

I've had all sorts of cars..there is good folks and snobby folks in all makes and models..in all years of cars. The biggest douche bags picking apart my cuda were the guys who never had a cuda but knew everything about them from reading magazines...and they carried their little code books around like the were judging everyone..ask one of those guys what they are working on sometime.
Colonnade Mattie
Colonnade Mattie
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:43 pm

Limey wrote:
Colonnade Mattie wrote:

Never knew you had Dual antennas whipping in the wind ( Aaron Tippin Country music ) that looks pretty cool Wonder how it would look with a spoiler ?  I have a set of them here.
Love my Malibu!! IMG_20140409_220928458_zpslu7cfgbk
I always liked dual antennas, heck I added them to my '60 olds.  A  coworker (BACK IN THE '90'S)  had them on a '75 cutlass I just could not bring myself to drill holes on A car that has a windshield antenna.  As for the song, I doubt he has 16 speakers or a little bobbing dog. lol

Last edited by dynchel on Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum